Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/1/2021 1:32:52 PM EDT
Ok, I’m not that old, but I was fortunate enough to have my academy instructors expose us to the man, the legend, JD “Buck” Savage.  Who else remembers these training videos?  For those of you who don’t recognize him, this is where Dave Smith from Police 1 got his start.

Stop and Rob
JD Buck Savage "Stop and Rob"

My personal favorite:
Saw Drunk, Arrested Same
JD Buck Savage "Saw Drunk Arrested Same"
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 3:38:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Those videos were terrible......and so classic! I did see them in the academy and still chuckle when I see them.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 6:16:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Went through the academy in '94 and loved the Buck Savage videos. They were a welcome respite between push-ups, being yelled at and 5 mile runs through beautiful downtown Montgomery, AL.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 8:41:23 PM EDT
[#3]
For those interested, here is the backstory behind Buck Savage.  Link

I’m not sure if it’s true or not, but I was told part of the reason they stopped doing his videos was some moron did something stupid, and when he was questioned about why he did it, he said “I saw it in a Buck Savage video”.  May be urban police legend, but I could see it happening.
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 2:38:39 PM EDT
[#4]
I remember these videos when they were new.  Cop humor at its best.
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 4:51:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Here’s another funny one although not JD Buck Savage.

To those non cops who might be reading this and get all offended .....fuck off.

Funny Police Interview INTERPOL FBI secret service Police interogation
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 1:12:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Buck Savage videos were a staple of my academy class.  Miss the good ole days.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 1:47:01 AM EDT
[#7]
I used to work for Savage PD (Savage, MN).  We had a signed JD Buck Savage photo on display in the squad room.  He had our city patch on display at his home.  Kind of a special connection.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top