Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/21/2018 12:19:31 AM EDT
Italian Barber Black Friday sales page link: https://www.italianbarber.com/collections/black-friday?page=1

Maggards Razors Black Friday email:

FRIDAY DEALS BELOW WILL GO LIVE AT:
MAGGARDRAZORS.COM/BF

NOTE:  CYBER MONDAY sale info will be sent out sometime this coming weekend

Typical disclaimer:
1.  We are a  *VERY* Small Business.  We don't have huge server farms load balancing our traffic.  That said, we're doing our VERY BEST.  Last year ran pretty smoothly, so, we'll hope to see the same this year.  Pages may serve up a bit slow.  Just be patient! :)
2.  We don't have unlimited inventory.   Items *will* sell out, and sometimes we oversell items. We've taken measures this year to avoid this, but, there is always a possibility it could happen to you.  If we're unable to fulfill an item you order we'll ALWAYS work with you to come with an alternative solution (usually free upgrades!)
3.  Most of the deals are Limit ONE per customer.   This ensures that many of you will be able to get in on some of our specials.  Set number of items we're putting on sale will remain available until they are gone.  Some items might last 20 minutes; others might last 3 days.
4.  We won't be combining multiple orders.  I'm sorry.  We're dropping items on Black friday in two batches (11AM and 4PM EST) to alleviate some of the pressure on our site, and give everyone a fair chance at getting some great deals.  I realize you may have to pay shipping twice if you want to score deals from different sales periods, but from a logistics standpoint it's not going to be possible for us to group multiple orders together.  In fact, it's entirely possible that morning orders may already be shipped by our amazing staff before orders that occur later in the day get processed.

Thanks again for your support and we hope everyone has an amazing Thanksgiving weekend!
View Quote
I will try to post up the Maggard's Cyber Monday deals when I get the email.
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 10:02:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for posting those deals, some really good deals.

I took advantage of Italian Barbers deal for 100 feather blades for $18.99, it was a good deal.
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 11:03:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks for posting those deals, some really good deals.

I took advantage of Italian Barbers deal for 100 feather blades for $18.99, it was a good deal.
View Quote
Glad I checked this thread again. I did the same.
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 5:00:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Here is the link to Maggard Razors Cyber Monday deals: http://www.maggardrazors.com/product-category/cyber-monday/
I haven't received the email as of this posting so I don't know when it will go live or what they will have on sale. If I find out before it starts I will try to post it.

ETA: I think this page might remain blank. I haven't received any email about Cyber Monday and all I have come across is the 12% off code listed in the post below.
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 3:29:12 PM EDT
[#4]
I found this on Maggard Razors home page. I didn't see it until today.
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 7:51:49 PM EDT
[#5]
I got maggard's black Friday starter kit. Going to try this DE thing out.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 2:19:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote
It's not for everybody but I get a closer shave with less irritation. Plus the lather from using a brush & shave soap is so much better.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 6:36:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

It's not for everybody but I get a closer shave with less irritation. Plus the lather from using a brush & shave soap is so much better.
View Quote
I mostly want to try it because I get irritated by every cartridge razor I've ever tried.  Been reading at B&B, and I'm kind of excited to try something new.
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 7:39:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote
That looks like a good starter kit and that chiseled face soap is pretty good soap if you got that kit.
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 6:59:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

That looks like a good starter kit and that chiseled face soap is pretty good soap if you got that kit.  
View Quote
That's the one.  I also got some gillette silver blue blades ($.80 black friday deal) and some proraso as a second option because it's regarded as a good beginner's soap.

I'm trying to not buy 10 samples right now before I even get the kit. I should make sure I like safety razor shaving before I go whole hog.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 4:12:47 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
That's the one.  I also got some gillette silver blue blades ($.80 black friday deal) and some proraso as a second option because it's regarded as a good beginner's soap.

I'm trying to not buy 10 samples right now before I even get the kit. I should make sure I like safety razor shaving before I go whole hog.
View Quote
You definitely want to get a sample pack of blades.
Since every face is different, different blades work better or worse for each person.
For example, Feather blades are regarded as one of the sharpest / best blades on the market, they chew my face up,
lots of nicks and I've been DE shaving for a very long time.
For me I've found Astra Platnium, and Voskhod blades work about the best.

For some ideas on blades, check out the thread https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/What-are-your-top-DE-blades-/179-1800052/  Linky
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 12:17:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

You definitely want to get a sample pack of blades.
Since every face is different, different blades work better or worse for each person.
For example, Feather blades are regarded as one of the sharpest / best blades on the market, they chew my face up,
lots of nicks and I've been DE shaving for a very long time.
For me I've found Astra Platnium, and Voskhod blades work about the best.

For some ideas on blades, check out the thread https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/What-are-your-top-DE-blades-/179-1800052/  Linky
View Quote
I started with Astras.  They were much smoother than cartridges, but I was still getting weepers.

I put in a Gillette Silver Blue last night, it was much better.

I'm not sure if it's improving technique or better blade though.

I got a sampler pack, and I'm going to try as many blades as I can before I deploy early next year so I can buy a 100 pack that works for me to bring with me.
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 10:24:21 PM EDT
[#12]
That's a good idea to try many different blades.  I like Astra's and Feather's best, but I have many different brands I use.  I still nick myself every so often, but not as much as when I first started.
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 1:45:42 AM EDT
[#13]
I have a ton of different blades I like. But for all of them I run the new blade over a wine cork a few times before I use them for the first time. That way my face is a chopped mess when I am done.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top