Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/28/2020 4:22:55 PM EDT
After 15 years of being out of shape I decided to do something about it.

This is me three years ago at 38.

Attachment Attached File

This is me now at 41.

Attachment Attached File

Up until 2.5 years ago, I hadn’t run since I had to in gym class. Up until 2 years ago, I’d never lifted weights more than a handful of times in my life. I’m now stronger, more fit and have more endurance than at any point in my life.

I lost 70 lbs of fat in the first year and put on nearly 20 lbs of muscle in the past two. I did this all on my own with no gym membership, no expensive equipment, no trainer, no fasting, no keto or other specialized diet. Just eating less, eating healthier, lots of running, a couple hundred dollars worth of dumbbells and drinking lots of water.

If I can do it, anyone can do it. It just takes motivation and dedication.
Link Posted: 3/28/2020 4:41:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Congratulations..
Link Posted: 3/28/2020 7:01:24 PM EDT
[#2]
That’s awesome man, good job!
Link Posted: 3/28/2020 7:32:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Good job!
Link Posted: 4/12/2020 11:44:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Congratulations!  I wonder what the statistics look like, with regard to joint health, for folks who have trained continuously versus folks like you who did nothing for decades.

After getting out of the Army, my dad did nothing for 30 years.  Than he started running and lifting.  He's in great shape and his joints better than mine.  I've been working out regularly since my early teens, and while I'm in much better shape than most of my contemporaries (even men in their 20s), most of my joints hurt every day.
Link Posted: 4/13/2020 12:57:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Good job!

20 lbs down since January, 60 more to go...
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 4:43:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Nice work OP.  I'm 40 and haven't "worked out" since I got out of the Guard in 2002.  I started hitting the gym 5 times a week in Oct.  I've lost 20 lbs and 6 inches around my fat gut.  I added 130 lbs to my max bench, 140 to my squat and 180 to my deadlift.  I started running and am working toward a 5k.  I also quit smoking 4 months ago.

I feel great and agree....Its never too late.
Link Posted: 5/2/2020 12:24:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Nice work.  Get some!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top