Link Posted: 4/4/2023 4:13:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Beauty..!!!

Link Posted: 4/4/2023 4:20:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Congrats
Link Posted: 4/4/2023 4:36:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Finslayer83] [#6]
Literally had to show up the day I’m stuck generating reports for the ole BoD at work.

I need more Tudor and less EBITDA today.

More to come this evening, for the 4/5 digit folks it’s basically a titanium version of it.

Rashed the clasp already on my desk

ETA: props to my AD, he called while I was on the way to lunch. Told him I gotta be quick, had it ready for de-stickering and sizing when I walked in.

Also if the BB Pro was 12mm thick I’d of bought it too.
Link Posted: 4/4/2023 6:04:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Thats sexy for sure. No date is the way.
Link Posted: 4/4/2023 6:11:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Good looking watch..
Link Posted: 4/4/2023 7:10:59 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm very picky about watches.  They need to meet a certain criteria before I will wear one (and be happy about it).  I mean, for the last 25 years, my wallets have been Tumi ballistic nylon, and my carry-on is Heartman.

This watch fits the bill.  I approve of this selection.

Is this a piece of a collection of yours, or is it your EDC?
Link Posted: 4/4/2023 7:13:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ar154all] [#10]
Whoa, I was passingly familiar with the name brand, but I had no idea what they went for.

Damn.

Just 'damn'.

Nice watch.  No cap, and way, way out of my league..

(edited)
Link Posted: 4/4/2023 7:50:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Finslayer83] [#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ar154all:
I'm very picky about watches.  They need to meet a certain criteria before I will wear one (and be happy about it).  I mean, for the last 25 years, my wallets have been Tumi ballistic nylon, and my carry-on is Heartman.

View Quote

Good question, it's more or less the result of down sizing my collection.

I'm down to really 4 watches, 5 if you count my go to G-Shock.

This, CWC '83 re-issue, MKII Vantage, and the Sub.

EDC wise I usually wear the ole trusty Sub, but this will carry at least 1/2 of the daily wear if not more.

I'm a big fan of titanium watches and have said if they made a 39mm Pelagos or a Titanium Sub, I would have one. Tudor did . So I made room in the collection over the past year and threw some money in a shoebox and then waited.
Link Posted: 4/4/2023 8:05:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Finslayer83:
Rashed the clasp already on my desk
View Quote

How it’s meant to me be! Looks like it fits you well. Congratulations.
Link Posted: 4/4/2023 8:31:55 PM EDT
[#13]

EDC wise I usually wear the ole trusty Sub, but this will carry at least 1/2 of the daily wear if not more.

I'm a big fan of titanium watches and have said if they made a 39mm Pelagos or a Titanium Sub, I would have one. Tudor did . So I made room in the collection over the past year and threw some money in a shoebox and then waited.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Excellent discipline.  If it was me, PSA would have got that money before I made half the goal
Link Posted: 4/4/2023 9:13:07 PM EDT
[#14]

Excellent discipline.  If it was me, PSA would have got that money before I made half the goal
View All Quotes

I did sell a TRP and Dan Wesson to help. Never shot .45 much and figured I’d rather have something to wear daily.
Link Posted: 4/4/2023 9:57:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Oh man. I've so many thoughts already.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/164007/7012FD45-972E-4C3E-A577-98DB315D8788-2770337.jpg
View Quote
It looks like mine .. only smaller.
Link Posted: 4/4/2023 10:50:00 PM EDT
[#16]
I'll charge up the camera and do a deep review with lots of pics / comparison to my 16610 Sub this weekend, straps, etc...

For now - my observations:

While the Pelagos 39 is a new release for Tudor, in my opinion it is more of a dive into the past of both Rolex and Tudor. The folks who conceptualized this had to be hardcore fans of the 4 digit series of watches from both Rolex and Tudor. Watches such as the 5513 and 1680 Submariners, 1665 Sea Dwellers, or most obviously the Tudor Submariner 7016/0 "Snowflake".

Tudor 7016/0

Rolex 1680 "red" (example has nice service dial)

What makes me think this? If you have worn a 5513 or 1680 then you will know how this feels. The case is short like the 4 digit sports models at 47mm where a 1680 comes in at 47.6 and the Tudor 7016/0 right at 47mm. It is seriously a short little case and the crown guards are a nod to the older Subs as well.

The height of the P39 is perfect, the lack of rehaut on the dial is incredible and visibility is spot on @CFII can speak to this. For those with a CWC Diver, its very similar in how the dial reads. AR on the underside of the crystal is solid. The dial is interesting, I would have preferred matte here by instinct, but its really hard to tell it has any burst at all. In fact only in harsh indoor lighting do you see it. The red lettering is legit and neat considering how many references do not have red.

Bezel is nice, 60 click, positive and very grippy with the coin edge.

The key to the older reference feel is the design of the end links, IMO. For those with a 5513, 1680, early 16610 or the superb 14060 - if you hold the watch by the case and let the bracelet fall - it goes straight down. On the newer references starting with the 16610 reference, solid end links became a standard and added to the lug to lug width "beyond the lugs" and caused the bracelet to flare out a smidge. I believe the GMT series had a similar transition but I do not know the references numbers off hand. If you have a 42mm Pelagos, the end links are of the same design.

Most folks might not notice it, but if you have a 6.75-7" wrist (me), you will absolutely notice it. To me it wears smaller than my 16610, while visually it looks wider due to it being a flatter design. I attribute this to the "OG" end link design found on the older Oyster bracelets.

The bracelet is awesome, the T-clasp is clutch, and the only bitch I have about this part is why 21mm? I would have preferred 20mm and lug holes but it is what it is. I plan on having the bracelet on most of the time so it is not the end of the world.

Lume is fantastic.

I've started tracking time and need to give it a good two weeks of daily use to settle in. Other than that I'm giving it 30 days on daily wear and will update as I go.

Link Posted: 4/5/2023 9:16:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: x_red_beard_x] [#17]
Absolutely perfect. 21mm lug width is becoming more and more popular. I suspect we'll start seeing more straps in that size.

I just read WOE's new article about Tudor this morning. He did a perfect synopsis comparing Rolex to Tudor. I think you'd approve. Essentially saying that Tudor hasn't lost their 'tool' roots like Rolex has. This Pelagos 39 embodies the tool watch we love Tudor for.

I love wearing my watches on nylon and leather, but it would be hard for me to take off that titanium bracelet. Damn near perfection.

No question, I'd rather have the P39 over a ceramic Sub any day of the week. Anxious to see more pictures of it!
Link Posted: 4/5/2023 11:25:43 AM EDT
[#18]
The 39 is so hot. So is the Black Bay Pro. I thought long and hard but the FXD just spoke to my heart.

Pelagos is the tool watch of Switzerland. Its epic good.
Link Posted: 4/5/2023 11:42:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Finslayer83] [#19]
Originally Posted By x_red_beard_x:.

No question, I'd rather have the P39 over a ceramic Sub any day of the week. Anxious to see more pictures of it!
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By x_red_beard_x:.

After owning the 114060 and 124060 - I fully agree.

I also say that from a position of having a Sub and this. For some the Sub is the grail for many reasons and is a great example of get both.

I’m not yet at the “which would I buy between the two” position. Give me 90 days and I’ll let ya know

Then again I’m a big fan of 4/5 digit sports models over the newer maxi case Subs. However, as noted in other threads, a new Sub from the AD is the financial move over an older model (no way I’d pay $9-11k for a 16610).  

The build quality is excellent and I’m a massive fan of titanium watches, some are not though.

Originally Posted By CFII:
The 39 is so hot. So is the Black Bay Pro. I thought long and hard but the FXD just spoke to my heart.

Pelagos is the tool watch of Switzerland. Its epic good.

If there was a black FXD, I might sell the Sub and have one of each.

Seriously.
Link Posted: 4/5/2023 12:51:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5thLegion] [#20]
Very cool. Super interested to see what kind of accuracy you get with this piece. Looks amazing!

I am with you, I'd probably never take it off the bracelet!
Link Posted: 4/5/2023 1:26:27 PM EDT
[#21]
cool pick up, i take it that's the 39mm rather than the 41 Pelagos size?

I have loved Tudors from the reading I've done over the last few years but finally got my hands on one in person for the first time last week. It's been a "mild" obsession for a 41 Pelagos blue titanium since I first saw it. I have a work bonus coming up, along with a milestone birthday, and I'm having a hard time not making an expensive impulse purchase.
Link Posted: 4/5/2023 1:28:16 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By steviesterno16:

I have loved Tudors from the reading I've done over the last few years but finally got my hands on one in person for the first time last week. It's been a "mild" obsession for a 41 Pelagos blue titanium since I first saw it. I have a work bonus coming up, along with a milestone birthday, and I'm having a hard time not making an expensive impulse purchase.
View Quote

I obsessed over the blue Pelagos ever since it came out, and now I finally have one. It was worth it.
Link Posted: 4/5/2023 2:44:25 PM EDT
[#23]

View Quote

Yes, 39mm.

I used the 40th last month as an excuse
Link Posted: 4/5/2023 8:16:26 PM EDT
[#24]

View Quote

Here ya go!
Link Posted: 4/5/2023 8:53:24 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By williedikker72:

Here ya go!
View All Quotes

Here ya go!

https://omegaforums.net/threads/tudor-pelagos-blue-25600tb-42mm-titanium-excellent-complete.158099/
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 8:13:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Finslayer83] [#26]
Day 3 of wear, day 2 of tracking.

Full daily wear and resting face up at night.

The 21mm straps arrived but I don’t really want to take off the bracelet.
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 8:24:53 PM EDT
[#27]

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/164007/FA8A862C-294A-4951-A256-52D18FFFF06C-2773066.jpg

View Quote

What program is that?
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 9:25:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Finslayer83] [#28]

What program is that?
View Quote

Watch Tracker

I’ve had it for a few years, I’m sure there’s a dozen newer ones out there.
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 10:45:44 PM EDT
[#29]
Nice! Tudor has the shine Rolex has 20 years ago, they were toolish , classic and basically affordable
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 2:18:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Finslayer83] [#30]
Took a few tries but got a pic showing all possibilities of dial and bezel effects.

Ghost to matte on the bezel and the dials subtle burst to matte as well.

It’s one of those things you catch yourself going “oh I’ve not seen it like that” when you check the time in different lighting situations. So it’s fun.

Tried all the natos out. Wore wonderfully on them but this thing sings on the bracelet. Speaking of which it’s a masterpiece of design. A titanium oyster with subtle changes such as the spacing between links to allow for venting.

Bold statement time:

This is the de facto Tudor Submariner. It has more of a Submariner case bevel on the sides of the case / lugs than the current 124060 does. This watch was made for the nerdy crowd, it's fantastic.

I'm refraining from making further bold statements during the honeymoon phase, but note I begin ownership aggressively looking for flaws, roots out the ones that stay/go.

Link Posted: 4/7/2023 4:04:06 PM EDT
[#31]

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/164007/FA8A862C-294A-4951-A256-52D18FFFF06C-2773066.jpg

View Quote

Impressive!
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 11:45:59 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 4/8/2023 8:40:41 AM EDT
[#33]
I've got the full size blue and love it, but this one has my attention.
Link Posted: 4/8/2023 9:17:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Finslayer83] [#34]

Link Posted: 4/8/2023 3:50:33 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By x_red_beard_x:
Absolutely perfect. 21mm lug width is becoming more and more popular. I suspect we'll start seeing more straps in that size.

I just read WOE's new article about Tudor this morning. He did a perfect synopsis comparing Rolex to Tudor. I think you'd approve. Essentially saying that Tudor hasn't lost their 'tool' roots like Rolex has. This Pelagos 39 embodies the tool watch we love Tudor for.

I love wearing my watches on nylon and leather, but it would be hard for me to take off that titanium bracelet. Damn near perfection.

View Quote

Just read it! great read.
Link Posted: 4/8/2023 7:04:10 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 4/8/2023 7:46:02 PM EDT
[#37]
Ty!

I'm digging this.

Link Posted: 4/8/2023 8:00:58 PM EDT
[#38]
Didnt last long on the strap I see. lol

The bracelet is so nice, but I do wonder why they didnt use the spring loaded super cool clasp like the fullsize pelagos has.
Link Posted: 4/8/2023 8:06:18 PM EDT
[#39]
Thanks for referring that timing app - useful!

Did I mention I am in on one of these when they come out in blue?!

Link Posted: 4/8/2023 8:21:31 PM EDT
[#40]

The bracelet is so nice, but I do wonder why they didnt use the spring loaded super cool clasp like the fullsize pelagos has.
View All Quotes

It’s too good not to have the bracelet on.

Having had the OG (ETA version) with that clasp and this one, I’d take this one any day. It’s like glidelock light, not sure why the BB58 doesn’t have it.

Originally Posted By 5thLegion:
Thanks for referring that timing app - useful!

Did I mention I am in on one of these when they come out in blue?!

Link Posted: 4/8/2023 8:37:39 PM EDT
[#41]

It’s too good not to have the bracelet on.

Having had the OG (ETA version) with that clasp and this one, I’d take this one any day. It’s like glidelock light, not sure why the BB58 doesn’t have it.

View Quote

I have this same clasp on my BB58 with Ranger bracelet- it’s pretty damn good.
Link Posted: 4/8/2023 8:38:52 PM EDT
[#42]
That quick adjust one is on the BB Pro I think. I damn near bought that watch because of that clasp.
Link Posted: 4/9/2023 3:47:58 PM EDT
[#43]
Nice! If I didn't already have the Tudor M25600TN Peligos I would be interested.
Link Posted: 4/9/2023 4:13:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Finslayer83] [#44]

View Quote

Hold up. They are interchangeable?

Comparison pics:

Link Posted: 4/9/2023 8:41:39 PM EDT
[#45]

Hold up. They are interchangeable?

Comparison pics:

https://i.postimg.cc/5NGMgp9L/P39-7.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/hjSFv5MW/P39-6.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/WzHx9bVT/P39-5.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/tCsKsPdT/P39-4.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/nh7NkJPf/P39-3.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/MTZ4qjKz/P39-2.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/fyJr0n9F/P39-1.jpg

So which one wears better? I like the the curves and the thinner case back of the Tudor looking at those pics. How do you like the quick adjustment on the Tudor? I see some complain that is tends to split adjustment.
Link Posted: 4/9/2023 9:43:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Finslayer83] [#46]

So which one wears better? I like the the curves and the thinner case back of the Tudor looking at those pics. How do you like the quick adjustment on the Tudor? I see some complain that is tends to split adjustment.
View Quote

I’ve owned the following Sub references:
- 14060M
- 16610 (current)

I’ve also had the 39mm Explorer, reference 214270.

This is the most comfortable watch on a bracelet I’ve ever worn.

The titanium + “oyster” + clasp make this beyond perfect on the wrist. No shit, it’s really freaking good.

There is no top heavy feel due to a stainless head (notably so on 114060/124060). Just equilibrium on the wrist.

It’s like wearing my GW-5000 G Shock, it’s just there.

I have a 6.75” wrist so I set it up where my base “cold” setting would be setting “0”. So far I’ve only bumped it up a notch after a few Wellers or it warmed up. It’s not as refined as glidelock nor omegas clasp system, but it’s simple and effective.

Link Posted: 4/9/2023 11:01:29 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 4/9/2023 11:35:22 PM EDT
[#48]

Affirmative. I lucked out and found a new Ranger bracelet on ebay. Direct swap with the BB58.
Link Posted: 4/11/2023 8:04:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Finslayer83] [#49]

Wear has been 5:30am to +/- 11pm daily.

Fairly active.

Resting face up on end table.
Link Posted: 4/11/2023 8:14:06 PM EDT
[#50]
Mine (FXD) is running about 4 seconds fast, face up on the nightstand when not in use.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top