Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 11:59:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Can't pay it off.  Average people (hell, even those above average intelligence can't really comprehend 10s of TRILLIONS of dollars).

Those is power are cashing out now, just like other failing states throughout history.  

Link Posted: 5/12/2024 12:11:25 AM EDT
[#2]
I think people are forgetting about inflation and how beneficial to the gov it is.
Imagine if you owed trillions and had the ability to print money until those trillions were discounted by  50% or more. Oh then the wages (and taxes) all go up.

87% of government spending is complete grift and waste. Cut 50% of fed government spending overnight and virtually nothing meaningful would change.

The gov could pay off the debt 87 different ways. They want you to believe it's impossible, and some of you bought into it. LOL.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 12:40:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Inflation reduces the debt since taxes rise with inflation but the principal owing doesn't.

All we need is a few more years of 10% inflation and the spending party in DC can go on for another generation

Hope you're not already poor - you soon will be
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 1:18:40 AM EDT
[#4]
You are wrong to assume that paying it off or down was ever part of the plan.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 1:25:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 3:51:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Scoobysmak] [#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By GenoGS:

Some of you guys are delusional. Sure fuck congress just on general principle, but how much do you think that will actually save?

Some people want to focus on insignificant spending, and complain while ignoring the most expensive and egregious programs.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Scoobysmak:

FJB just requested a 7.3T dollar budget...you need to take that time machine back to like 2007 before FBHO gave the banks the bailout and added almost a trillion a year to the budget since then.  

All the dumbass shit we wasted money on needs to go....like congressional pay should eliminated first since they put us in this position, this goes for current and past members that are getting retirement pay.  Then confiscate their investments as they used insider trading to get there.  The go back and see how many of them took bribes and then go after the party that bribed them.

I am still waiting for my Solyndra solar panels to pay off.....

Some of you guys are delusional. Sure fuck congress just on general principle, but how much do you think that will actually save?

Some people want to focus on insignificant spending, and complain while ignoring the most expensive and egregious programs.

I am not any more delusional than thinking the national debt will be under 33 trillion ever again.  I want the people who put us in this position to pay, now look at FNP net worth though...over 100 million.  A few of these assholes might pay off the interest for a year though.  

It is going to take slashing the Gov.  The FBI, EPA, Dept of Education, and a bunch of others could be 90% gutted or completely wiped out.  The rest probably cut by 50% with a few remaining at 75%.  You are going to have to totally revamp SSI and SS (plan to phase it out - only fair that everyone will get bent over somehow on this).  SSI only available to the people really in need: extreme downs syndrome, completely paralyzed and the like.  Maybe have companies with specific jobs for people that are functioning less than "normal."  The only budget that might remain is the DoD but there will be extreme measures to insure we don't spend extravagant money on BS.  We are going to have to bring manufacturing back to this country to employ all these extra people, probably should start with essential medications and computer chips and go from there.  The products produced here will be more $$$ than what we are used to and could be an inferior product in the first few years, we will have to get over it.  

This is "just the tip" of what would have to be done.

On top of that they need to put that law in place that every 5 years if a law isn't valid it is removed.  Then every new law from now on is consist of one page/topic in plain english and not some lawyer shit.  I want to the average Joe to understand EXACTLY what the bill will do and not have to become a legal scholar at the same time.  If they create a law that directly violates the US Constitution they will be removed from office and never hold a federal Gov job again, no pension regardless of time they served.  They also will be under the same laws they make, no special health plan for them.  They need to fix the healthcare clusterfuck, this medical billing BS and hospitals charging different rates depending on insurance is horse shit.  All the illegals will have to go back, give them 5 months to leave and apply to the US legally.  If they don't leave and caught they are booted out to NEVER be able to set foot in the US again for any reason (unless they committed a crime and they get a televised death penalty).  Also no more "anchor babies."  You are going to have prisoners making shit again, prison shouldn't be a place you get to camp out and watch TV all the time in the A/C.  The catch and release program for criminals will be over, you do the crime you do the time.  Welfare will be limited to 2 years straight and a max of 7 years over your entire life.  I understand helping people get back on their feet but they need to have some motivation to get off of it sooner than later.

About taking taxes, either flat tax or no automatic payroll deductions.  You will make your tax payment the week before the general election.  The federal budget will also be posted a week before the election and you will be able to see the programs and cost that each of your congress critters voted for or didn't.  

No more big pots of money for campaign contributions, spend more than that and you are taken off the ballot.  You can have a nest egg of 300k, spend it how you want.  I want more options than the current loosers backed by Soros and crew.  If you can't make it beyond this point why would I want you to have infinite amount of money to do business with and then have control of a budget that doesn't.  

The only thing I think we need to do that will come out of my paycheck in taxes is bring back the mental institutions.  It would save me more in the long run and preserve my freedoms instead of Karen's scared to death of their own shadows.  The other thing might be to eliminate the FDA, CDC and other organizations to take money from the same people they are regulating.  Probably save us more in healthcare cost alone by the shit the FDA has authorized crap to be in our food and water supplies.

...and as a bonus they need to NUKE all the scammer sites......just to make sure.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 5:35:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Jarcese:

The common denominator between Gold standard and post-Gold is fractional reserve banking.  I'm sure you know this, just throwing it out there that FRB is more of a problem than Fiat vs Gold.  Either way, everything will end up being built almost entirely on debt when FRB has very loose restrictions.   It doesn't really matter what you use for currency, someone will always figure out a way to degrade it or loan out more notes than whatever backs it.  It seems to be human nature.
View Quote

@Jarcese

Fractional reserve banking was zeroed out in March 2020. The FDIC insures up to $250,000 per depositor, per FDIC-insured bank, per ownership category. It is a moot point if the Fed collapses. No money means no money. In the Great Depression, 9,000 banks failed and over $7 Billion in deposits evaporated. A repeat depression would be far more catastrophic. A global collapse would be beyond the imagination. Back then banks didn't have nearly enough gold to remain solvent. There was no FDIC until 1934. Everyone was SOL one way or the other. Today it would be different. The govt. holds over 8134 tons of gold in reserve. Russia holds 2332 tons, China has 2264 tons. Germany, Italy, and France hold more than Russia and China. All told there isn't a Trillion dollars worth of gold in the whole world. The global economy is way too large to ever go back to the gold standard. You could not even float the price of gold. No government would give up their gold to save the world. In a scramble to survive, the have-not countries would cease to exist. To state there would be a NWO is an understatement.

I'm no economist but I can't see how to recover except for governments and banks to write off a huge amount of debt. Even then chaos will reign for decades. People being people, will look for easy roads to take and fail. FDR took some solutions that worked and others that made things worse.

In reality, there is no foolproof economic system. Look back in history as far as you like, every system has an Achilles heel. The USSR is a model to study in catastrophic stupidity. From the day the USSR was founded, it was a ticking time bomb. Monkeys could have managed their economy better. Thirty years later, they still haven't learned crap. If the war continues, the corruption will make it happen again. The word is out,  Russia and China are bad investments.

https://www.madisontrust.com/information-center/visualizations/which-world-countries-have-the-most-gold/
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 6:09:11 AM EDT
[#8]

I am not any more delusional than thinking the national debt will be under 33 trillion ever again.  I want the people who put us in this position to pay, now look at FNP net worth though...over 100 million.  A few of these assholes might pay off the interest for a year though.  

It is going to take slashing the Gov.  The FBI, EPA, Dept of Education, and a bunch of others could be 90% gutted or completely wiped out.  The rest probably cut by 50% with a few remaining at 75%.  You are going to have to totally revamp SSI and SS (plan to phase it out - only fair that everyone will get bent over somehow on this).  SSI only available to the people really in need: extreme downs syndrome, completely paralyzed and the like.  Maybe have companies with specific jobs for people that are functioning less than "normal."  The only budget that might remain is the DoD but there will be extreme measures to insure we don't spend extravagant money on BS.  We are going to have to bring manufacturing back to this country to employ all these extra people, probably should start with essential medications and computer chips and go from there.  The products produced here will be more $$$ than what we are used to and could be an inferior product in the first few years, we will have to get over it.  

On top of that they need to put that law in place that every 5 years if a law isn't valid it is removed.  Then every new law from now on is consist of one page/topic in plain english and not some lawyer shit.  I want to the average Joe to understand EXACTLY what the bill will do and not have to become a legal scholar at the same time.  If they create a law that directly violates the US Constitution they will be removed from office and never hold a federal Gov job again, no pension regardless of time they served.  They also will be under the same laws they make, no special health plan for them.  They need to fix the healthcare clusterfuck, this medical billing BS and hospitals charging different rates depending on insurance is horse shit.  All the illegals will have to go back, give them 5 months to leave and apply to the US legally.  If they don't leave and caught they are booted out to NEVER be able to set foot in the US again for any reason (unless they committed a crime and they get a televised death penalty).  Also no more "anchor babies."  You are going to have prisoners making shit again, prison shouldn't be a place you get to camp out and watch TV all the time in the A/C.  The catch and release program for criminals will be over, you do the crime you do the time.  Welfare will be limited to 2 years straight and a max of 7 years over your entire life.  I understand helping people get back on their feet but they need to have some motivation to get off of it sooner than later.

About taking taxes, either flat tax or no automatic payroll deductions.  You will make your tax payment the week before the general election.  The federal budget will also be posted a week before the election and you will be able to see the programs and cost that each of your congress critters voted for or didn't.  

No more big pots of money for campaign contributions, spend more than that and you are taken off the ballot.  You can have a nest egg of 300k, spend it how you want.  I want more options than the current loosers backed by Soros and crew.  If you can't make it beyond this point why would I want you to have infinite amount of money to do business with and then have control of a budget that doesn't.  

The only thing I think we need to do that will come out of my paycheck in taxes is bring back the mental institutions.  It would save me more in the long run and preserve my freedoms instead of Karen's scared to death of their own shadows.  The other thing might be to eliminate the FDA, CDC and other organizations to take money from the same people they are regulating.  Probably save us more in healthcare cost alone by the shit the FDA has authorized crap to be in our food and water supplies.

...and as a bonus they need to NUKE all the scammer sites......just to make sure.
View Quote

I want the people who put us in this position to pay, now look at FNP net worth though...over 100 million.  A few of these assholes might pay off the interest for a year though.  

I'm not so sure you grasp how things work. Look in a mirror. We the people are the problem. Govt. does what we want it to do (mostly) or lets them get away with. Yes, the government does a lot they really don't have constitutional authority to do but we the people want them to do it so they do. 55% of the budget goes to entitlements that are not authorized in the Constitution. It takes one heck of a stretch to justify them when the 10th A specifically gives that power to the states and the people. We all know the 10th A exists, we just want the Federal govt. to do it.

Campaign money has nothing to do with govt spending. People give money as they wish. The govt. may want to get their hands but that is a different discussion. You should be aware the money goes into the economy, don't you? That is capitalism at its finest. The one thing we should not tolerate is the govt. choosing winners and losers.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 6:21:29 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Hesperus:
Oh there's a variety of ways.

But most of them entail measures too horrifying for the average corn syrup fed voter to even begin to comprehend.
View Quote

TPNI
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 6:22:06 AM EDT
[#10]
1.  Stop borrowing

2.  Cut every agency’s budget by 10%, and apply that as a direct payment against the debt

Link Posted: 5/12/2024 7:26:34 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By FredMan:
1.  Stop borrowing

2.  Cut every agency’s budget by 10%, and apply that as a direct payment against the debt

View Quote

You don't have the votes. I'm right.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 9:54:56 AM EDT
[#12]

View All Quotes

FJB just requested a 7.3T dollar budget...you need to take that time machine back to like 2007 before FBHO gave the banks the bailout and added almost a trillion a year to the budget since then.  

All the dumbass shit we wasted money on needs to go....like congressional pay should eliminated first since they put us in this position, this goes for current and past members that are getting retirement pay.  Then confiscate their investments as they used insider trading to get there.  The go back and see how many of them took bribes and then go after the party that bribed them.

You could nuke every agency but Social Security and CMS and you might break even. Might.

There is no resolution until we address the elephant in the room and austerity arrives. The big problem is all that spending is into the economy, which means we see a depression. Rather than take our medicine in 208, we doubled down. Now we are going into sepsis.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 10:18:37 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By FredMan:
1.  Stop borrowing

View Quote

If we cut spending 10%, we still have to create / borrow money.

2023 federal spending was 6.2 Trillion.

We "borrowed" 1.7 Trillion to do it.

The spending would have to be cut 27%  to not "borrow" money.

It isn't going to happen.

We are riding this train to the massive global financial collapse.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 10:49:41 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By exponentialpi:

You could nuke every agency but Social Security and CMS and you might break even. Might.

There is no resolution until we address the elephant in the room and austerity arrives. The big problem is all that spending is into the economy, which means we see a depression. Rather than take our medicine in 208, we doubled down. Now we are going into sepsis.
View Quote

The US economy is simply too being and complex for central planners like yourself to be able to say austerity would result in a depression. Since people would have saved more money, we'd probably go into a new golden age. Remember, it was only because the government interfered that the Great Depression lasted until they could goad Japan into attacking our ships so they could enforce multicultural globohomo around the world.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 10:50:18 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Mach:

It isn't going to happen.

We are riding this train to the massive global financial collapse.
View Quote

Correct.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 12:14:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Missilegeek] [#16]

View All Quotes

To fix things relatively quickly, we just have to go after social security, and all gov spending with the same zeal that they went for COVID and stealing elections.

Alternatively, we could unravel it, about as quickly and easily (80ish years) as the Socialist bullshit was unrolled and allowed to creep in. On that sort of timetable, even just a balanced budget, basically renders the debt meaningless (minimum of 200+ % inflation)
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 12:19:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By grendelbane:

You will never solve the problem of increasing debt by increasing taxation.  So your point is also moot. Or, moot².
View Quote

I believe I stated that in my original post.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 12:24:17 PM EDT
[#18]
We can do it easily. Freeze spending and let inflation take care of it.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 12:37:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Scoobysmak] [#19]
Originally Posted By Chisum:

I want the people who put us in this position to pay, now look at FNP net worth though...over 100 million.  A few of these assholes might pay off the interest for a year though.  

I'm not so sure you grasp how things work. Look in a mirror. We the people are the problem. Govt. does what we want it to do (mostly) or lets them get away with. Yes, the government does a lot they really don't have constitutional authority to do but we the people want them to do it so they do. 55% of the budget goes to entitlements that are not authorized in the Constitution. It takes one heck of a stretch to justify them when the 10th A specifically gives that power to the states and the people. We all know the 10th A exists, we just want the Federal govt. to do it.

Campaign money has nothing to do with govt spending. People give money as they wish. The govt. may want to get their hands but that is a different discussion. You should be aware the money goes into the economy, don't you? That is capitalism at its finest. The one thing we should not tolerate is the govt. choosing winners and losers.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Chisum:

I vote for the person I think is the best option usually out of the two bad choices, doesn't mean they do what I think is the best for this country.  Do you understand the money it takes to get elected to a national office?

According to Maplight, a non-profit, non-partisan research organization that tracks money in politics, House candidates who won in 2012 raked in an average of $1,689,580 in campaign contributions. That’s about $2,315 each day.

Those numbers climb substantially if you’re running for Senate. Candidates who won a seat in Congress’ upper chamber each raised an average of $10,476,451. That's $14,351 per day.

Of course, not all seats are created equally.

Sen. Elizabeth Warren of Massachusetts hauled in the most money—$42,506,349—to win in a tough race against Republican Scott Brown.

I want more people to have the option to run, I want better candidates.  Until you sell your soul to the devil and make deals before you take office the odds of winning are low.

Half the problems with this country is they don't look behind the mirror.  I would love for everyone to be in a decent house and not be living pay check to pay check.  I would love for there to be no crime either.  The fact is neither of these are reality, just like some of the bills like paying off student loans these (usually) kids have no clue the recourse but the D's are buying votes paying with my tax dollars.  If this was put on a budget that 13% of your federal taxes went to pay for the bullshit there would be more outrage.  Just like if this was done most likely more people would see how much paying into FICA taxes their entire lives won't pay out in the long run and get pennies on the dollar.  The fact the bastards elected now are on a pedestal by being able to collect bribe money, doing insider trading, and have the best healthcare for life with the odds of anything happening to them even if caught is really slim is a HUGE problem.  It takes so much money to win anyone with morals can't compete.  

You need to reach the lowest common denominator for us to succeed in the long run, otherwise we will be screwed....just like we are today

ETA...

Nikki Haley’s presidential campaign had $11.5 million in the bank at the end of February, just days before the former U.N. ambassador dropped out of the Republican primary, according to a report filed with the Federal Election Commission late Wednesday.

Then you have the rules

Permissible Uses
The contributions can be used in the following ways:

Donations to charities as long as the candidate does not receive any compensation from the organizations before it is spent and the donation is not used by the charity to benefit the candidate.
A donation of a maximum of $2,000 to another federal candidate, and donations to state or local candidates subject to state law.
Gift or donations of nominal value on special occasions to anyone besides the candidate's family.
Unlimited transfers to a local, state, or national political party committee like the Democratic or Republican National Committees.
Transfer to a future election campaign committee of the same candidate. For example, Bernie Sanders transferred $12.7 million from previous campaigns to his 2020 presidential committee.
Creation of a leadership PAC to back other candidates and a political agenda. Critics say these can be used as slush funds since there are few restrictions on this kind of spending.

Federal Election Committee. "Transfers between a candidate's committees."

Personal Use Is a No-No
Candidates are not allowed to use any remaining funds for personal use after all campaign-related debts are settled. Personal use is defined as “a commitment, obligation or expense of any person that would exist irrespective of the candidate’s campaign or responsibilities as a federal officeholder.”

In other words, campaign funds may not be used for an expense that exists independent of the campaign. Expenses that are automatically considered personal use include:

Household items
Mortgage or rent for a personal residence
Salary payments to the candidate's family unless they provide a bona fide service to the campaign and the payment reflects the value for the service in the free market

Please tell me none of these has ever been abused.  I mean I guess when Mom's Demand Action gets donations from the other parties your cool with it.  

New York Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and Saikat Chakrabarti, the progressive firebrand's multimillionaire chief of staff, apparently violated campaign finance law by funneling nearly $1 million in contributions from political action committees Chakrabarti established to private companies that he also controlled, according to an explosive complaint filed Monday with the Federal Election Commission (FEC).

Brand New Congress LLC does not appear to be registered as an LLC in any state, according to the complaint, but is a registered 527 tax-exempt organization. Fox News confirmed that Brand New Campaign LLC is a registered Delaware corporation, but Brand New Congress LLC is not.

Ocasio-Cortez's office did not return a request for comment. But Chakrabarti defended the set-up on Twitter, saying, "We were doing something totally new, which meant a new set-up. So, we were transparent about it from the start."

Let me know when she is shit canned from congress but yet TrUmP_bAd is all she can say.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 12:39:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Scoobysmak] [#20]

View Quote

I agree, there has to be a plan to get rid of it.  I just don't agree with just cutting the cord and be done with it, needs to be a plan that doesn't totally screw one generation but every generation gets bent over a barrel.  I do agree the sooner we are beyond it the better.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 12:41:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Mach] [#21]
Originally Posted By crashburnrepeat:
They can inflate the fuck out of the currency and pay it off with much cheaper money
View Quote

no they cant

that is a myth. people believe it because their fixed rate mortgage works like that

the problem is none of the debt is ever paid off

all of the debt is refinanced when it comes due, so it would be refinanced at higher interest rates due to inflation  with ever increasing rates, service fees ( interest paid ) and the refinanced again and again

there is no way out of this except collapse of the economy and the currency.

we are currently  borrowing money to service the current debt. we borrow money to borrow money
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 12:43:47 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By iwouldntknow:

It's possible but nobody would go for it = impossible.
View Quote
We will eventually force a nuke into Northern China to get 15-20T in debt forgiveness.   Otherwise we will end up domicileing Apple,  Tesla and other valuable products to China in exchange for debt forgiveness.   These are most likely scenarios.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 12:45:39 PM EDT
[#23]
I have an idea.

We keep printing more money and get an even more badass military.

We invade all the other countries and take all their physical assets, impress them into service for the American Empire, then go to the next country.

Then use the stolen war money to pay off the debt.

OP btfo
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 12:46:23 PM EDT
[#24]

Starting to believe not one single forthcoming president will shutter even just a numerical majority of federal agencies and their respective contracts (for both clauses of convenience or default, doesn't matter). These fucks will just print more money or raise taxes more. Get ready for a rough ride, amigos.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 12:47:08 PM EDT
[#25]
The fastest/easiest way would be to mint a series of one trillion dollar coins.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 12:47:16 PM EDT
[#26]
I thought that every dollar created by the federal reserve was loaned to the government with interest. Meaning every single dollar that needs to be paid back actually costs $1.0x or whatever, meaning that more money would have to be created/borrowed in order to pay for the previous dollar.

That would mean it's actually impossible to pay it all back. I don't think that's the goal.

I think I remember reading somewhere that the federal reserve shoots for a certain amount of inflation, something like 3-4%

If I understand this all wrong, I wouldn't be surprised. I'm a poor but I'm trying to get better.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 12:47:31 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By WhiskersTheCat:
I have an idea.

We invade all the other countries and take all their physical assets, impress them into service for the American Empire, then go to the next country.

OP btfo
View Quote

if we just destroy the countries we owe money to, we dont have to pay them back

make nuclear weapons great again
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 12:49:54 PM EDT
[#28]

View All Quotes
I have an idea.

OP btfo

Yeah I mean that's even easier. A shame we don't get to impress Indians back into a colony for us though.

And we could have renamed South Korea "Samsung" since that's more honest.

But to your point Mexico is a crater
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 12:50:40 PM EDT
[#29]
I have an idea.

OP btfo
View Quote

Brother, I no longer agree with handing the keys to Ferraris over to retards. Until these fuck-head administrators, including Austin, Lloyd, Commandant E. Smith are dealt with administratively... Just no.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 12:54:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: flgfish] [#30]
Edit:  wrong thread
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 12:55:45 PM EDT
[#31]
In three easy steps:

1) Cut all government agencies by 10%, cut IRS and DOJ by 50%,  actually eliminate several of them (like Dept. of energy & education) -

2) Require all three branches of .gov (Executive, Judicial and Legislative) to cut their individual budgets by 50%.

3) eliminate all welfare to illegal aliens and deport the ones that are here now.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 1:10:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WhiskersTheCat] [#32]
Originally Posted By Scalped:

Brother, I no longer agree with handing the keys to Ferraris over to retards. Until these fuck-head administrators, including Austin, Lloyd, Commandant E. Smith are dealt with administratively... Just no.
View All Quotes
I have an idea.

OP btfo

No no, we're going to form some sort of temporary military based government.

Where each level elects the next highest level in an up front (not secret ballot).

Then this junta (warlord system) basically will hunt down all the beaurocrats because they're in the way of THE REPUBLIC

Basically both with the warlord system, and after people should be frightened to serve at a high level.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 1:13:17 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By snackle:
We can do it easily. Freeze spending and let inflation take care of it.
View Quote

Inflation created by the unconstitutional federal reserve printing worthless fiat, leading to depression and hyperinflation?
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 1:21:49 PM EDT
[#34]

View Quote

We owe most of the money to ourselves. US btfo.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 1:22:37 PM EDT
[#35]

View All Quotes
I have an idea.

OP btfo

Won't happen = impossible. Whiskers btfo
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 1:24:14 PM EDT
[#36]

Where each level elects the next highest level in an up front (not secret ballot).

Then this junta (warlord system) basically will hunt down all the beaurocrats because they're in the way of THE REPUBLIC

Basically both with the warlord system, and after people should be frightened to serve at a high level.
View Quote

How will you accomplish this plan before deflationary hyperinflation?
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 1:25:07 PM EDT
[#37]

View All Quotes

I have not figured that part out yet.

My secondary plan is to nuke everyone including us so that the debt becomes meaningless
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 1:27:19 PM EDT
[#38]
It's possible simply by locking the federal budget and stopping it from growing.  With inflation and growth of gdp it will eventually become a surplus. But programs will have to be cut or capped as well including social security and medicare.  Which means rationing and no more cola
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 1:28:45 PM EDT
[#39]
I welcome the coming hyperinflation wherein I pay off my house with a 1/10th ounce of silver.

Link Posted: 5/12/2024 1:33:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Square66] [#40]
I posted this before and I will post it again.  The politicians know the end game is nearing for our current system.  They are stealing as much as possible while they still can.  We are in the full on looting of the Treasury stage.  

The scumbag politicians are looting the last of the food and the booze at the Titanic buffet before they saunter on over to the lifeboats for which only they and their wealthy donors have a reservation.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 1:36:48 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By Square66:
I posted this before and I will post it again.  The politicians know the end game is nearing for our current system.  They are stealing as much as possible while they still can.  We are in the full on looting of the Treasury stage.  

The scumbag politicians are looting the last of the food and the booze at the Titanic buffet before they saunter on over to the lifeboats for which only they and their wealthy donors have a reservation.
View Quote
You nailed it.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 2:02:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Scoobysmak] [#42]

My secondary plan is to nuke everyone including us so that the debt becomes meaningless
View Quote

I need to dump my glass stocks, will be plenty of it around the world when all the sandy areas get it.....
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 2:17:16 PM EDT
[#43]
Friendly reminder the Federal Reserve is privately held. So there are a couple families and shareholders who are getting paid off the national debt.

Basically you work to provide, are taxed at force so the government can give your money to other elites who legit own the debt on our nation. The further in debt we get the more interest payments they get.

They should be shot in the street and money brought back under the US Treasury
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 2:18:11 PM EDT
[#44]
I wonder why my stamps take so long to get approved it can't be because I anti government post every day
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 2:21:00 PM EDT
[#45]

View All Quotes

Just reminded me to watch Threads on Shudder this week
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 2:21:04 PM EDT
[#46]
Paying off the debt would require significant austerity measures that last for a decade or more, putting it far too many election cycles beyond the whims of our lazy, undisciplined and uneducated society.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 2:36:32 PM EDT
[#47]
Never going to happen unfortunately, we would need a complete collapse before something is done.

The politicians keep spending and kicking the can down the road.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 2:55:36 PM EDT
[#48]

View Quote

And how will you convince people who have to ability to have the will?

=impossible.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 2:56:33 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By victorgonzales:
It's possible simply by locking the federal budget and stopping it from growing.  With inflation and growth of gdp it will eventually become a surplus. But programs will have to be cut or capped as well including social security and medicare.  Which means rationing and no more cola
View Quote

Who will vote for locking in the federal government?

=impossible.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 2:57:39 PM EDT
[#50]
Friendly reminder the Federal Reserve is privately held. So there are a couple families and shareholders who are getting paid off the national debt.

Basically you work to provide, are taxed at force so the government can give your money to other elites who legit own the debt on our nation. The further in debt we get the more interest payments they get.

They should be shot in the street and money brought back under the US Treasury
View Quote

You can't say that under the recent antisemitism laws.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top