User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 11:38:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

After watching how cavalier the Japanese were in the thread about the guy who died of a massive radiation dose back in 1999, I would not be surprised if  both have been working secretly And jointly on a special weapons program.
View Quote

There’s a rumor that they could build a working nuclear missile in a week six months.

But I bet they’re faster than that.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 11:42:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Dumb thread.
View Quote

Great contribution.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 5:39:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
How long before Taiwan or Japan announce their fully functioning and deployed physics package?
View Quote

Isn't that the lesson any small county should learn from North Korea?
They just need several submarines and associated missiles.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 5:49:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

This would be very smart of the Japanese and Taiwanese. Might as well include Australia and South Korea. If I were in the government of any those countries, I’d be pressing that hard. Might entice India at this point in the same alliance...
View Quote

India has the H bomb. They can provide know how (if Israel or the US hasn't already.)
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 5:52:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I'm not up to speed on foreign relations, why do we give a fuck about Taiwan?
View Quote

Holy fucking shit.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 6:03:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Holy fucking shit.
View Quote

Agreed.
What just have to 7.5 million HK citizens sickens me.  I've been there and it is one very cool place. Given the belligerent behavior of China, I don't see myself ever going back.
We can't have another 23 million Taiwanese join them.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 6:10:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Gotta pay for the election favors granted.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/25/2021 9:56:40 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I'd also bet money that Japan either has nukes or has the parts kits sitting in a bunker (screw cap A into body B and insert entire device into rocket part C, face towards enemy and push red button marked launch)-
View Quote
Actually Japan alluded to that about 20 years ago in an interview with one of their top scientists. While they have been anti-nuclear, in terms of weapons, and have no weapons of their own, their scientist admitted they have the technology and resources to put them together rather quickly. Only problem with that is if they are waiting for a first strike in order to respond, it will be too late.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 10:03:07 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

There’s a rumor that they could build a working nuclear missile in a week six months.

But I bet they’re faster than that.
View Quote

I'm willing to bet China would eat a nuke just to take over Taiwan.

Link Posted: 1/25/2021 10:13:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Actually Japan alluded to that about 20 years ago in an interview with one of their top scientists. While they have been anti-nuclear, in terms of weapons, and have no weapons of their own, their scientist admitted they have the technology and resources to put them together rather quickly. Only problem with that is if they are waiting for a first strike in order to respond, it will be too late.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

https://apnews.com/article/cabinets-recycling-yoshihide-suga-energy-policy-japan-66218c8a44a498a1535380066da466e9

Japan now has 45.5 tons of separated plutonium — 8.9 tons at home, and 36.6 tons in Britain and France, where spent fuel from Japanese nuclear plants has been reprocessed and stored because Japan lacks a plant to produce MOX fuel containing plutonium at home. The amount is enough to make about 6,000 atomic bombs.

Link Posted: 1/25/2021 10:21:14 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'd also bet money that Japan either has nukes or has the parts kits sitting in a bunker (screw cap A into body B and insert entire device into rocket part C, face towards enemy and push red button marked launch)-

Yep, I've seen that said by several of their scientist over the years and as I said, I wouldn't be surprised if they have a couple packages sitting there ready to be loaded.  Plausible deniability- no, we have no nuclear missiles, only missiles that could carry them and warheads that could be swapped in place of the conventional warhead.  With the installation of xiden, Japan would be foolish not to have the parts sitting near each other- and I don't think the Japanese are fools at all. Unlike most of America they, like every other country in the region, understands that the Chinese would love to steamroll them.  I wouldn't be surprised at all if South Korea has done the same while keeping their mouths shut about it; both definitely have the technical ability.  

I also expect countries in the region to increase the number of diesel electric boats in the region and the number that are deployed at any given time.  As China increases the size of their blue water navy in a push for projection, subs are probably the least expensive bang for the buck in deterrence (not a navy guy so I'm probably wrong).  Note that I have zero idea how good China's sub hunting tech is (even though they're constantly trying to steal or buy ours) although I'd bet all of the countries in the region along with us, the Soviets, probably India, maybe Australia, etc, have hydrophones and other listening gear littering the sea around China and the South China Sea area.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 10:25:05 AM EDT
[#12]
If what analysts are saying is true about China's increasingly aging population...

Then China has a time crunch.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 11:11:54 AM EDT
[#13]
Voodoo, what are they saying and got links for me to read?
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 11:58:24 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://apnews.com/article/cabinets-recycling-yoshihide-suga-energy-policy-japan-66218c8a44a498a1535380066da466e9

Japan now has 45.5 tons of separated plutonium — 8.9 tons at home, and 36.6 tons in Britain and France, where spent fuel from Japanese nuclear plants has been reprocessed and stored because Japan lacks a plant to produce MOX fuel containing plutonium at home. The amount is enough to make about 6,000 atomic bombs.

That's plutonium that has been bred in commercial light water reactors.  It is ill-suited for weapons because of the every building quantities of Pu240 as the cycle operates.  While plutonium is relatively easy to extract and separate from the uranium oxides in spent fuel via chemical processes, trying to separate the isotopes of Pu239 (neutron fissile) from the Pu240 (neutron poison) is very difficult, much more so than the separation of U235 from natural uranium stocks.  While it may not seem like much, a 3 neutron weight difference is mechanically much easier to separate than something with a mere 1 neutron difference.  And then there is the additional activity of the plutonium, which makes the would-be process even more involved.

It's great for commercial reactor use, but not what one would want for weapons use.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 1:10:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Could you make effective dirty bombs from it?
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 1:40:33 PM EDT
[#16]
I think ALL our traditional allies are getting worried, or should be.  I read n GEN Horner's book about Desert Storm that he told the Saudi Defense Minister to always remember that the last country that relied on the US for 100% of their defense had their capital city renamed Ho Chi Minh City right after we had a change of administrations.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 9:43:07 AM EDT
[#17]
One thing to note is that there are a number of ASEAN countries that don't like China. Especially after the WuFlu killed a number of their population.  It would be interesting to see if INDIA, the Thais, Vietnamese, Philippines, Japan, S. Korea, Singapore, Malaysia and the Aussies join together in a mutil-front "Oh No You Don't"
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 10:55:52 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
One thing to note is that there are a number of ASEAN countries that don't like China. Especially after the WuFlu killed a number of their population.  It would be interesting to see if INDIA, the Thais, Vietnamese, Philippines, Japan, S. Korea, Singapore, Malaysia and the Aussies join together in a mutil-front "Oh No You Don't"
View Quote

China already has enormous bribery and influence operation in each of these countries to prevent a coalition from happening.

In Australia they push the muh rascisms card,

In South Korea they push anti Americanism, America is dragging Kora into this type stuff.

In Singapore its the economy and that China will just keep letting Singapore do business if they shut the American navy out.

Malaysia's and the Philippines      they just bribe different factions to fight each other.

Other than us there is no one to pull them all together.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 12:55:21 PM EDT
[#19]
That’s what the word is from Beijing.
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top