Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 11:50:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Arfcom GD defeatism thread.
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 11:51:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

This. It's inexcusable that Trump did not get any major legislation passed with control of both houses of Congress for two years. Make all the excuses you want, it's still a major failure. His job is to get shit done, and legislation is a huge part of it. To be fair, Trump has overall done a good job on the executive side where he personally wields most of the control.
View Quote
You are not grasping what is happening. Trump does not control the Senate and House, the RINOs do. Mr. "Weasel" Ryan, as Speaker of the House couldn't even campaign for his own party for fear of Trump benefiting. McDonnell at least was willing to work part time with the President but even with that McStain kept screwing his own party to the bitter end. The Republicans are more fractured than the voters and that is why the Dims won the House. A party united behind Trump would have increased our lead in both houses but the RINOs had more backstabbing to do. I expect they will do their best to keep the water muddied for the next 2 years and the Dims will still be shooting themselves in both feet.
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 11:52:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

And it will be his own fault why he doesnt win in 2020. He made promises to the american people and hasnt followed through with any of them. In fact has cause a firearm accessory to now be banned. He hasnt built the wall yet. He hasnt done anything in all actuality except make daily tweets.

Have i missed anything....
View Quote
So I guess you believed the corrupt media when they told you that Trump was a dictator. Candidates for POTUS make promises all of the time, but unless they are trying to do something via EO they have to have the votes in the both houses to get things passed, and the wall needs money to be built. Trump's failure was thinking the RINO scum like Ryan and others would get on board with his agenda. Look at what the POS McCain did regarding the repeal of ObamaCare.
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 11:57:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
The Dem's are trying to turn a nothing burger into a big deal - trying to tie the sex payoffs to campaign finance.  It's laughable.  Otherwise, that would have been their claim when the payouts first came to light.

1. Keeping the news from his wife, and away from his business dealings, were the reasons for the payoffs.

2. He's done this many times over the years.  So these payoffs aren't new.

3. His "motivations" are impossible to prove in court.  They'd have to prove that he paid these women for the express reason of manipulating the election.

4. The payouts were reimbursed directly by Trumps own money from what I understand.  To which there's no limit as to how much may be spent.

All this being said, Republicans are spineless, waffling pussies. So he'll probably get impeached.  But...  just like when Schumer invoked the nuclear option on voting for judges (which came back to bite them with Kavanaugh)  This impeachment thing is going to be the next bad precedent they set for when their guy is in office.
View Quote
Pecker and Cohen testified that was his exact motivation and as I mentioned in another thread if you go back and listen to the Cohen tape that Lanny Davis played on Chris Cuomo's show Trump was heard mentioning the election as part of the reason for the payoff.
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 11:57:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
As much as I appreciate and like Trump, his salvation lies in the Dems fucking up again.
If Bernie takes the nomination, I can't see Trump winning.

It'll definitely be a popcorn show either way.
View Quote
I kinda thought Bernie's momentum burned out after he lost to Hillary, and he's going to be 80 or something like that.  Is he still a thing?
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 11:59:33 AM EDT
[#6]
I was not surprised when Obama won in 2008. I was astounded when he won in 2012. There's a lot of truth in the saying that it's hard to beat the incumbent.
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 12:00:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I am also in a similar or maybe even same field. Sure a few sectors are slow, but the vast majority can't keep up. Those that are slow often refuse to go outside their preferred sector to find the work that is there.  Many manufacturers have stopped taking orders into mid next year. They are buying machines and automation due to labor force issues. I think everyone knew tariffs would hurt some short term - but should help long term if handled correctly. Look at China moving already.

Your doom and gloom does not paint an accurate picture.
View Quote
Not sure which manufacturing sector you supply, but our company deals primarily with companies that get contracts yhrough the automotive industry. Companies that we regularly do 7 figures with yearly have barely crossed the 6 figure threshold. There's not a labor shortage, rather many companies have been laying off skilled tradesmen for the last several months.

The big 3 have been sitting on their hands since the beginning of July, to wait and see how the US/Canada/Mexico trade deal turned out. As well as a ton of companies looking elsewhere for cheap steel to manufacture fasteners, and other materials. Taiwan is basically working passed their manufacturing capability to try and keep up with demand.

While I'm not convinced this is going to be a long term reduction in manufacturing capacity, I am convinced that in the short term, aka 2019-2020, will be rough on a lot of companies.
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 12:00:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Nope, he’ll be impeached in March or April. He’ll prevail in the Senate but it will take them 6 months to hear the case and there will be a lot of dirt.

There will be 4-5 run against him in primaries, plus about 15 Democrats that run.

People here will turn their backs on Trump because no “good” gun laws were passed and the wall isn’t built. They won’t support the GOP nominee because they don’t meet their definition of conservative.

2020 - Democrats will keep the House, get the White House but Republicans will hold Senate.

Universal background checks will pass, more stringent immigration laws will pass and the debt will explode.
View Quote
This guy has a crystal ball.
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 12:03:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

The Democrats did not "sweep the House". By historical standards they did very badly for a midterm.

The Democrats lost 3 in the Senate, and gained about 40 seats in the House.

Of those House seats gained, 5 were from a bogus Court-ordered redistricting in PA, and another 7 were from ballot harvesting shenanigans in CA. So they actually gained only about 28 seats.

Contrast that with Obama's first midterm where the Democrats lost 63 seats in the House and lost 6 in the Senate.

Trump is doing much better at this point in his first term than Obama or GW Bush.

His approval rating is higher than Obama's was at the two year mark.

He can definitely win a 2nd term if he avoids pissing off gun owners any further.
View Quote
That read great but the reality is the dems have the house and they will most likely try to impeach even though they know he will never be convicted in the senate. They will do it solely to have the historic record show Trump was impeached in the house. The dems and the corrupt media will do what they always do 24/7 bashing of anything Trump and how it is wrecking America despite all the good news Trump has brought about for this nation.
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 12:07:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Is it legal for a campaign to pay a spokesman to say nice things about a candidate?
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 12:08:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Six more years, count on it.  100%, believe me.
View Quote
this right here and Pence follows
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 12:09:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Trump will win again(if he runs) easily again.

Lock your wagers in early if you think he won’t.
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 12:11:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
As of right now I am not 100% sure he will make it through this term, much less get re-elected.

The left is going for the throat right now. Will he get impeached and removed from office? Not sure.

Will there be an ever growing chorus on the left (and in some circles on the right) for him to resign? I think so.
An offer he cannot refuse might be made for him to gracefully step aside (health reasons perhaps).

"Want one or more of your kids to die in prison? Step down now or we will ensure that happens."
View Quote
We are building a Wall, and there are three detention camps going up for the tenants who qualify for one of the 66,000 indictments.

Huber will testify about CF, Pelosi/Schumer have been worked into a corner to force a Government shut down, Congress creatures are then subject to arrest. Why do you think they are still in DC? They could have already recessed and gone home shutting down Trumps agenda.

But, no, they are still hiding in plain sight trying a last ditch stand to stop him before the arrests. And he can't make recess appointments. They have to keep on keepin on or they face US Marshalls.

Which is going to happen just as soon as Mueller is forced to step down. That is in the next few days. Then he gets arrested for his U1 courier duties handing over a yellowcake sample to the Russians.

There is the real Russia Collusion.

It's going to be epic. But NOOOOOooooooooo, we can't possibly believe all this open source information is factual, nope nope nope nope, repeat the narrative, Trump is just a few short weeks of impeachment, Ocasio Cortez herself will place the noose around DTJr's neck and pull the lever.

Projection dude, they see what is coming and it's all they can talk about. They just can't accept it will happen TO THEM. They are the anointed elite family of World Control who cannot possibly lose control, ever. They are TOO BIG TO FAIL.

yeah sure.
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 12:16:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Jesus Christ.

There are several NeverTrumpers in this thread and some posters who just watch too much CNN.  The same ones saying "no second term" are the ones who said he wouldn't win the first time.  It's a combination of pessimistic defeatists and asshats who don't WANT Trump to win at anything, ever.

Trump will be reelected.  No doubt.

I called the 2016 election after the first Republican primary debate when 95% of ARFCOM was convinced Hillary was a shoe-in.  You guys really have to stop letting the media control your outlook.
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 4:12:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

We are building a Wall, and there are three detention camps going up for the tenants who qualify for one of the 66,000 indictments.

Huber will testify about CF, Pelosi/Schumer have been worked into a corner to force a Government shut down, Congress creatures are then subject to arrest. Why do you think they are still in DC? They could have already recessed and gone home shutting down Trumps agenda.

But, no, they are still hiding in plain sight trying a last ditch stand to stop him before the arrests. And he can't make recess appointments. They have to keep on keepin on or they face US Marshalls.

Which is going to happen just as soon as Mueller is forced to step down. That is in the next few days. Then he gets arrested for his U1 courier duties handing over a yellowcake sample to the Russians.

There is the real Russia Collusion.

It's going to be epic. But NOOOOOooooooooo, we can't possibly believe all this open source information is factual, nope nope nope nope, repeat the narrative, Trump is just a few short weeks of impeachment, Ocasio Cortez herself will place the noose around DTJr's neck and pull the lever.

Projection dude, they see what is coming and it's all they can talk about. They just can't accept it will happen TO THEM. They are the anointed elite family of World Control who cannot possibly lose control, ever. They are TOO BIG TO FAIL.

yeah sure.
View Quote
You have been saying this stuff for over a year now but yet, none of it has come to pass in any way.
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 4:25:38 PM EDT
[#16]
If everyone would turn off CNN then there would only positives to discuss in Trump.
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top