Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/1/2021 8:36:17 AM EDT
Is this actually legit and legal to purchase and own? (AS LONG AS I DO NOT INSTALL IT)  https://www.gunbroker.com/item/916702898
Link Posted: 11/30/2021 8:56:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Should be fine.
Link Posted: 11/30/2021 9:32:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Get both.
Link Posted: 11/30/2021 9:45:12 PM EDT
[#3]
it's a tarp!

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 11/30/2021 10:58:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Is this actually legit and legal to purchase and own? (AS LONG AS I DO NOT INSTALL IT)  https://www.gunbroker.com/item/916702898
View Quote

Would not recommend using the full auto selector. If your disco malfunctions for any reason and it happens to slam fire, you could get dinged
Link Posted: 11/30/2021 10:59:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

I way overpaid for mine in 1990, $800.
Link Posted: 11/30/2021 11:26:54 PM EDT
[#6]
What's the worse could happen?
In a land where putting a dot close to where the auto sear pin would be makes it a machine gun I'm sure it will be ok.
Link Posted: 12/1/2021 4:40:46 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Should be fine.
View Quote

LMAO   should be fine???     meanwhile I am in the Feds doing 5 years...   hahahhaha

seriously, none of you have a black and white answer?
Link Posted: 12/1/2021 8:33:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

LMAO   should be fine???     meanwhile I am in the Feds doing 5 years...   hahahhaha

View Quote

A year or two ago I ordered an SOLGW Blaster LPK from a vendor that is highly respected on arfcom.  When I opened it up to build out my lower, the parts didn’t look right. Pretty quickly figured out that instead of getting the standard Blaster LPK (as labeled) the kit had full auto parts.  I looked around on the internet and never found a good answer on legality.  When contacted, the vendor quickly refunded the cost, shipped me a replacement LPK from a different manufacturer for free with a shipping label to return the FA LPK. I don’t know if it was just excellent CS or if it was concerned about legalities as well.
Link Posted: 12/1/2021 8:54:18 AM EDT
[#9]
Federally legal own, illegal to install without paying the toll.

I was told that storage of these items away from receivers capable of hosting such items would help isolate the constructive intent possibility if you are not a 07/SOT
Link Posted: 12/1/2021 9:01:39 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

Free room and board?

Count me in!
Link Posted: 12/1/2021 9:08:16 AM EDT
[#11]
possibly illegal under state laws, in WA there's a prohibition on "machine gun parts", which is vague enough some vendors wouldn't ship anything MG related to WA .
Link Posted: 12/1/2021 9:12:32 AM EDT
[#12]
Assuming you are referring to the auto sear OP?

As there are many parts in that listing.
Link Posted: 12/1/2021 9:46:12 AM EDT
[#13]
NO,   NO,  NO.

If you own the auto sear,  and no rifle to attach it to,  you're OK.

Owning both gets into a shady legal area... which BATFE will willingly interpret it's own way.
Link Posted: 12/1/2021 10:20:09 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Would not recommend using the full auto selector. If your disco malfunctions for any reason and it happens to slam fire, you could get dinged
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_v._Olofson

Quoted:

I way overpaid for mine in 1990, $800.

Huge difference in supply:demand in 1990 vs 1985, or even earlier when we thought we could buy them without a tax stamp.

Link Posted: 12/1/2021 10:45:18 AM EDT
[#15]
Highly doubt they'd ship it thru the commie curtain.  
Link Posted: 12/1/2021 11:26:29 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I was told that storage of these items away from receivers capable of hosting such items would help isolate the constructive intent possibility if you are not a 07/SOT
View Quote

If I have a legal shotgun laying on my work bench next to a hacksaw, is that constructive intent?
Link Posted: 12/1/2021 11:29:33 AM EDT
[#17]
Gambling on what the ATF may do is risky at best.
Link Posted: 12/1/2021 11:51:09 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

If I have a legal shotgun laying on my work bench next to a hacksaw, is that constructive intent?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ask the agents who slung up Randy Weaver.
Link Posted: 12/1/2021 11:58:12 AM EDT
[#19]
I am not a lawyer and I did not stay at a Motel 8 last night....

Bet the answer is - you can own it as long as you do not have an AR....

If you have an AR it shows intent....

Of Course - YMMV

Red

Hell I think that I even schooled the guy that is making the forced reset triggers - he did not know that they are not legal in Florida thanks to Gov Scott and the Parkland Shooter....

Link Posted: 12/1/2021 1:11:47 PM EDT
[#20]
His feedback shows somebody has been buying them.
Link Posted: 12/1/2021 11:13:55 PM EDT
[#21]
Literally the thread above yours right now.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/The-legality-of-an-M16-part-in-your-AR-the-short-version-/6-739614/
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 8:34:51 PM EDT
[#22]
I think there is no black and white answer, I will just pass..  leave it to the AFT to literally fkking make something like this a meta physics 180 IQ required math problem... PLUS, I am sure that guys  'customer list' will wind up sooner or later in the Feds hands anyways...  at the very least one day, the way this country is going, that list will be a 'visit' list..
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 11:58:29 PM EDT
[#23]
Is $110 really the going price for an FA lower parts kit?
It starts to make the $300 for an SSF look a little less like surprise buttsex
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 3:23:44 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Is $110 really the going price for an FA lower parts kit?
It starts to make the $300 for an SSF look a little less like surprise buttsex
View Quote

I dont think so...  the standard price is ~40 last I saw        BCM, I think it is, has some kinda custom super duper lower kit for 100 bucks
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 4:16:43 AM EDT
[#25]
Constructive "intent" isn't a thing.  People should stop saying it.

People always get it mixed up with Constructive possession.

I don't know if having a FA LPK would qualify as Constructive possession.  If you have a receiver which could readily accept that LPK and be converted to Full Auto, the yeah, maybe you'd be in Constructive Possession of an unregistered machinegun.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 11:23:57 PM EDT
[#26]
The only FA part I see on the BCM site is an ambi selector.
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 12:13:42 AM EDT
[#27]
Hello fellow gun enthusiast...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top