Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/16/2021 9:20:25 AM EDT
Gun store has crates of this stuff for $680 each or if you buy two or more for $650. 1060 rounds a crate. Any issues in modern semiauto rifles or
suppressors ? Should I fo?

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 9:23:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Think that is Korean.

I remember a while ago it was the cheapest out there, never bought any.. Just looks like shit and sat in gunshops for years.

Heard it was corrosive as well.

Oops, S&B, not Korean.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 9:50:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 9:54:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It S&B mfg ammo. Berdan primed and corrosive.
View Quote

How would one properly clean a semi auto like a scar or tavor after shooting this stuff? They are partly plastic so you can’t dump boiling water down them like a dirty trash can AK.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 10:03:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Just clean the barrel out shortly after each trip to the range.  Wipe down plastics as you normally would.  My biggest concern would be the muzzle device.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 10:08:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Just clean the barrel out shortly after each trip to the range.  Wipe down plastics as you normally would.  My biggest concern would be the muzzle device.
View Quote

Muzzle device would be a suppressor. Bad idea?
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 10:09:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

How would one properly clean a semi auto like a scar or tavor after shooting this stuff? They are partly plastic so you can’t dump boiling water down them like a dirty trash can AK.
View Quote

I used Windex on my C&R stuff.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 10:28:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Muzzle device would be a suppressor. Bad idea?
View Quote

I am more worried about the threads under the flash hider/muzzle brake.  It tends to get nasty under the device with carbon buildup without the corrosive residue.  I would only use a suppressor on it that you can take apart and clean.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 10:40:46 AM EDT
[#8]
Soapy water to flush the shit out then blast with WD40 to displace water then normal cleaning.

Been cleaning corrosive for years that way with no issues. I’d just be worried about getting the can completely flushed of salts.

Link Posted: 1/16/2021 10:44:13 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 10:49:59 AM EDT
[#10]
Cheaper and better shipping quote online is wrong. Give them a call I ordered Friday and it will be here Sunday.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 10:52:09 AM EDT
[#11]
Probably better than nothing.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 10:52:41 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

Who told you that boiling water can’t be used on plastics? Hot water won’t hurt plastic unless your rifle is made out of styrofoam or something.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:00:40 AM EDT
[#13]
My main concern with semi would be the gas system.  A lot of places for salts to hide

The barrel is easy.  Flush and clean

And if the heat from the gun doesn't melt the plastic, would boiling water?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top