Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/28/2021 2:10:25 PM EDT
….  That isnt xxl for giants or is $15K race spec?

Seems all the mid tier mountain bikes for avg sized riders are gone gone gone.  

Even all the direct to consumer brands im coming up with nada.  

Any help arfbros?
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 4:04:47 PM EDT
[#1]
A lot of bikes are oversold, sold just before, or as soon as they hit the floor.  Not to mention that there's apparently a component shortage as well.
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 4:30:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Facebook post from the owner of a small coffee roaster company that probably is relevant:

"Just wanted to pass a long a little information if you are looking to purchase products that require(d) importing such as coffee, coffee equipment, TVs, microwaves etc etc.. If you are considering a purchase buy now.
Understand steel is up 300%, copper is at it's highest ever, as are other commodities which will include coffee.
So all goods will potentially see sharp increases in costs.
The other key factor is freight via shipping lines.
Costs are going up as much as 600%. To move a container of goods in January was appx $2200. Today that same container will cost a whopping $13,100.
Getting containers is so difficult the freight lines know they can gouge. In one case a very large manufacturer signed an agreement for costs up to $13,000 per 40' container which caused a major ripple effect we are seeing today.
In their case they are in need of 450+ containers for goods already waiting to be loaded and can't get them
Merely a heads up... be prepared."
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 9:19:28 PM EDT
[#3]
I just ordered from here for my son. I hope it goes well, at least it was in stock. Supposed to show up tomorrow.

https://www.bikesonline.com/2022-polygon-premier-4-27.5-inch-mountain-bike
Link Posted: 5/29/2021 11:01:43 PM EDT
[#4]
What’s the budget?
There are bikes for sale in the Med and Lg sizes as long as your not stuck on only one brand/group set.
You said midrange so 4-6k for full suspension ?
Link Posted: 5/31/2021 9:51:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What’s the budget?
There are bikes for sale in the Med and Lg sizes as long as your not stuck on only one brand/group set.
You said midrange so 4-6k for full suspension ?
View Quote

more of hardtail kind of guy.    Old, slow, out of shape and will be on midwest forest preserve trails.   nothing fancy required.

want 1x drivetrain, hydraulic brakes, dropper seatpost.
Link Posted: 6/1/2021 11:06:12 PM EDT
[#6]
https://www.bikesonline.com/2021-polygon-xtrada-6-1x11-hardtail-mountain-bike

These are a good value.  I have a dirt jumper from them I ordered and it shipped in 10 days.
Doesn’t have a dropper post but that’s a simple fix.
Link Posted: 6/2/2021 1:59:57 PM EDT
[#7]
even parts are dry.

its pretty rough.

Link Posted: 6/21/2021 10:19:09 PM EDT
[#8]
I just went into a local small bike shop and they didn’t have any on hand but had some on order and I pretty much bought a Trek Fuel EX 5 sight unseen and without even riding it.  Only took about two weeks to get.  I was told to avoid the big chain bike shops as most of them cancelled orders during COVID and the small shop didn’t so you’ll have better odds of finding a bike.
Link Posted: 6/22/2021 12:43:01 AM EDT
[#9]
Check out Hardtail party if you're looking for hardtails. He has lots of good stuff on his channel. I got a Jamis Komodo last year a few months into covid. It was in my price range and they had it at my local bike shop. I mostly just ride it to work out but it bombs down single track with ease.

Check out FB market place and the Pinkbike classifieds, some gently used stuff out there. Prices are all over the place, some good deals and some not so good deals.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top