Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/24/2020 3:03:53 PM EDT
I was going to post some RC stuff in the EE, but not sure where to place it.
Link Posted: 8/24/2020 3:14:52 PM EDT
[#1]
I think it would just go in the everything else bucket.
Link Posted: 8/24/2020 3:22:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/18/2020 3:28:12 AM EDT
[#3]
I put up a SCX10 II in the Everything Else section.
Link Posted: 11/24/2020 7:28:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/24/2020 7:35:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If there were (subjunctive) a dedicated EE slot for hobbies, what would we call it?  

Somehow, 'hobby' seems like it could be a problem because almost everything is a hobby, even shooting.  
Precious Metals / Coins could almost be rolled into a hobby forum.

View Quote

I don’t think people go to “hobby shops” looking for guns or coins.

Hobby shops pretty much universally have R/C, trains, and models. Usually little else, but maybe one has puzzles/trading cards, or board games.

I don’t see why reapplying the same logic would be an issue?
Link Posted: 11/24/2020 7:42:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/24/2020 11:35:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I don’t think people go to “hobby shops” looking for guns or coins.

Hobby shops pretty much universally have R/C, trains, and models. Usually little else, but maybe one has puzzles/trading cards, or board games.

I don’t see why reapplying the same logic would be an issue?
View Quote

Not too long ago I saw a r/c hobby shop that shared a building with a gun store.

Thank goodness it isn't local.  
Link Posted: 11/25/2020 8:28:22 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
If there were (subjunctive) a dedicated EE slot for hobbies, what would we call it?  

Somehow, 'hobby' seems like it could be a problem because almost everything is a hobby, even shooting.  
Precious Metals / Coins could almost be rolled into a hobby forum.

View Quote
Probably the same kind of stuff that's discussed in this "hobby shop" forum

And it would probably be one of the lesser used EE places I guess stuff like collectibles and coins would be OK. I guess you'd have to see if it gets too cluttered or not.

I think it's a good idea though.
Link Posted: 11/25/2020 9:05:10 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Probably the same kind of stuff that's discussed in this "hobby shop" forum

And it would probably be one of the lesser used EE places I guess stuff like collectibles and coins would be OK. I guess you'd have to see if it gets too cluttered or not.

I think it's a good idea though.
View Quote

I do think it’s a good idea. I also don’t see a problem expanding the definition of what could be considered hobby items.  Nothing else, get one set up and see how it goes.
Link Posted: 11/25/2020 9:18:52 AM EDT
[#10]
Funny, I was perusing the EE not long ago and looked for some RC stuff, kinda thought the same thing. "Everything Else" was a bit of a broad brush, but guess you can't have special sections for every little thing.
Link Posted: 11/27/2020 4:17:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Funny, I was perusing the EE not long ago and looked for some RC stuff, kinda thought the same thing. "Everything Else" was a bit of a broad brush, but guess you can't have special sections for every little thing.
View Quote

If they do make a dedicated area I have a bunch of old school planes and glow motors Id post up.
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 11:02:57 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

If they do make a dedicated area I have a bunch of old school planes and glow motors Id post up.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Anything cool?

I already have what would have been considered a "well stocked hobby shop" 20 years ago, no reason to not add to the mess.
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 6:30:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Anything cool?

I already have what would have been considered a "well stocked hobby shop" 20 years ago, no reason to not add to the mess.
View Quote

Pending on what you call cool , Most of my stuff is old school glow planes and motors .

Great planes .
Hangar9
kyosho.
world models.

engines
OS
YS
Webra
Saito
Dub Jett

I also have several Swanny slabs kits ...Mojo and premo ...most of the stuff isnt made anymore because everyone seems to want "bind n fly" crap rather then doing a little work building one.
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 9:57:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Pending on what you call cool , Most of my stuff is old school glow planes and motors .

Great planes .
Hangar9
kyosho.
world models.

engines
OS
YS
Webra
Saito
Dub Jett

I also have several Swanny slabs kits ...Mojo and premo ...most of the stuff isnt made anymore because everyone seems to want "bind n fly" crap rather then doing a little work building one.
View Quote

All cool stuff.  Since GP is no more some of those kits are going for crazy prices now.  Motors can be hit or miss, YS tends to have a dedicated following and you can still get parts for them.  The Dub Jett.  

I still miss the Hangar 9 Aresti, wish they would bring that one back.
Link Posted: 12/5/2020 1:29:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

All cool stuff.  Since GP is no more some of those kits are going for crazy prices now.  Motors can be hit or miss, YS tends to have a dedicated following and you can still get parts for them.  The Dub Jett.  

I still miss the Hangar 9 Aresti, wish they would bring that one back.
View Quote

I do wish tower and GP was still around "like the old days" the GP reactor is very close to the Aresti and I have one of these NIB I need to build someday

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 12/5/2020 1:34:24 PM EDT
[#16]
I see in your sig you have what looks like a sail plane . I have one of the old sunracer race planes ...super fast little plane .
Link Posted: 12/8/2020 2:05:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I see in your sig you have what looks like a sail plane . I have one of the old sunracer race planes ...super fast little plane .
View Quote

It is an old molded sailplane.  Find airplane, built like a brick outhouse.
Link Posted: 12/16/2020 10:28:35 AM EDT
[#18]
I've had a new, vintage 1/16 1977 Tamiya RC Leopard 2 Tank kit in the Everything Else catagory with only one interested party, and that person seemed to be a chin scratcher more than anything.

Would love to know where besides eBay to get its true value

Link Posted: 12/16/2020 8:02:28 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I've had a new, vintage 1/16 1977 Tamiya RC Leopard 2 Tank kit in the Everything Else catagory with only one interested party, and that person seemed to be a chin scratcher more than anything.

Would love to know where besides eBay to get its true value

View Quote
Facebook?

Lots of buy/sell groups on Facebook.

Link Posted: 2/4/2021 12:57:21 AM EDT
[#20]
I think I'd have to burn it all before going on Facebook. ??
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 1:14:12 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 1:35:40 AM EDT
[#22]
I was looking to post in the GI Joe and or Lego EE thread but I couldn't find one.

What gives?
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 8:24:09 PM EDT
[#23]
RC Groups has a good and very active classified section.  Multiple categories.   I don’t believe there is any charge for listing.  I’ve never sold anything there yet, but bought a bunch of stuff.
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 4:29:17 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
It'd go in EE/Everything Else right now because there is no correct forum.  

Do we want a dedicated EE forum?        
View Quote

Maybe label it Hobby Items?
Link Posted: 2/13/2021 11:40:05 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It'd go in EE/Everything Else right now because there is no correct forum.  

Do we want a dedicated EE forum?        

Agreed. It'd be a lot easier to locate and identify RC, modeling, and scale (trains) items in a dedicated Hobbies section, than digging through "Everything Else". If it doesn't work out, just lock it, leaving an instruction to post back in Everything Else and remove it.

It'd be nice to have a little place here to buy/sell.
Link Posted: 3/11/2021 5:11:31 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 3/11/2021 5:47:18 PM EDT
[#27]
Awesome. Now I need to start digging through my RC stuff after the gun stuff sell-off.
Link Posted: 3/11/2021 6:08:20 PM EDT
[#28]
Awesome.  Ill definitely be keeping an eye out even though I dont need to spend any money.
Link Posted: 3/11/2021 10:04:39 PM EDT
[#29]
Can we post WTB ads? I'm looking for some 2000-2200mAh 6S batteries.
Link Posted: 4/2/2021 3:26:22 PM EDT
[#30]
Great! I posted some radio equipment.
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 1:05:16 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Well it took a while, but we have one now!  

ar15.com/forums/Equipment-Exchange/Hobbies
View Quote

Awesome , thanks for getting this done . JW
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top