BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/6/2023 11:30:18 PM EDT
Even if it's a very early version

or lightroom
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 11:42:39 PM EDT
[#1]
My old versions of Photoshop/Premiere/AfterFX stopped working on anything after Windows 8 even in compatibility mode.  Will install but not run.  Tried everything.   They don't want me using the software I paid $600 for on a new computer.  Luckily for me I have plenty of old computers around.
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 11:59:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Just use Gimp or one of the other alternatives.
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 12:07:08 AM EDT
[#3]
My wife has an iMac that hasn’t been updated in about 3 years because she is still clinging to CS6.
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 12:13:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DayandNight1701] [#4]
I recently built a 486DX 66 with DOS 6 and window 3.1 just to run OG Doom, Descent, and some older games a few months ago....I could only assume you could do the same for Photoshop OG versions.
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 1:31:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Iirc you can download CS5 for free.
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 1:32:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By DayandNight1701:
I recently built a 486DX 66 with DOS 6 and window 3.1 just to run OG Doom, Descent, and some older games a few months ago....I could only assume you could do the same for Photoshop OG versions.
View Quote
I've had machines much newer than that running either win 8x or 10 maybe running a newer, right before cloud version of PS...

I'm wanting whatever the last version of Adobe Illustrator is myself.   For working with AIs and other Vector images.

Link Posted: 3/7/2023 1:57:27 PM EDT
[#7]

fwiw you can use something like pcem  https://www.pcem-emulator.co.uk/
to run older applications on newer crap.

you can also run wine on windows in the linux  subsystem with better compatibility for older applications than windows itself.

Link Posted: 3/7/2023 2:03:20 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm using CS2 on an air gapped Win 7 computer, I've never tried it on 10 I'll see if it works. Coincidentally that's the version that Adobe released the serial numbers on essentially making it free. Sure wish I'd have bought CS6 while it was still available.
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 3:18:50 AM EDT
[#9]
Worst case, there's always Photoshop Elements that has most of the options of photoshop, just not the pro level stuff.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top