Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/22/2021 1:48:09 PM EDT
I work in areas where my verizon service will drop out and the phone will show no service. Issue is that it will not automatically reconnect even if I move to an area with full 5g. I have to activate airplane mode and then turn it off to get cellular back? Anyone know why? I have never had this problem with my XS or previous models.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 2:00:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Have you tried messing with the voice and data settings in the cellular and data options?

That is all I have got. Mine has not had a similar issue.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 2:01:27 PM EDT
[#2]
I haven't had a similar issue with my 12 mini
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 2:10:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Have you tried messing with the voice and data settings in the cellular and data options?

That is all I have got. Mine has not had a similar issue.
View Quote

Nothing in the settings looks like anything I should/want to change.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 2:14:42 PM EDT
[#4]
You may have to do that because the cellular modem does not auto connect at the same time/frequency of the cell your trying to connect to.

restarting/airplane mode makes a new request of the network instead of using old configurations.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 2:17:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Your XS had 5g?
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 2:39:07 PM EDT
[#6]
My 8x just started losing cellular connection, don’t know why.  Internet goes off and on all day if not connected to wi-fi.  And jumps from lte to 3g.  I turned off my phone and restarted and it’s sticking for now.  Try that.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 2:41:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Signal instability issues have been reported

Reseat sim

Replace sim

Restore via itunes

Retest
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 2:47:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Your XS had 5g?
View Quote

No. Just saying multiple previous iphones did not have this problem.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 2:48:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Reseat sim

Replace sim

Restore via itunes

Retest
View Quote

I will try that. Do you have a link of reported issues? I have found none searching.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 2:53:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 2:54:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Nothing in the settings looks like anything I should/want to change.
View Quote
Do you have the Wifi option selected? Sounds like when you lose cell signal it goes to Wifi and overrides reacquisition of the cell signal...maybe.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 3:27:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I will try that. Do you have a link of reported issues? I have found none searching.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Reseat sim

Replace sim

Restore via itunes

Retest

I wouldn't restore just yet for this issue. Reset network settings may make a difference.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 3:34:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

No. Just saying multiple previous iphones did not have this problem.
View Quote

We have the same new phone with the same problem.  We are sending it back to Apple.  We bought a 11 standard size, it works perfectly as has my previous 15+ iphones over the years with 4-5 lines at a time.

Apple is going to shit...
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 3:38:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Reseat sim

Replace sim

Restore via itunes

Retest
View Quote

I did all this and Apple ended up replacing entire phone. New one had same issue and they replaced that. Now, number 3 is working
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 3:48:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 4:28:31 PM EDT
[#16]
Did you switch SIM cards from another phone? My wife's 11 Pro had connection issues
after she took the old SIM from her iPhone X and installed it in the 11 Pro. She ordered a
new SIM from Verizon for free and it works great now.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 5:36:57 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I did all this and Apple ended up replacing entire phone. New one had same issue and they replaced that. Now, number 3 is working
View Quote

Was Apple pretty good at replacing it or did it require pulling some teeth. Usually they are really really really good on honoring repairs
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top