Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/18/2020 3:19:26 PM EDT
Attempted to group investing suggestions from a couple of arfcom threads.  I thought a poll might provide a quick and easy glimpse into which way arfcom investors were leaning for the tldr crowd, multiple choices allowed. Disclaimer: I'm new to investing and I am NOT attempting to offer advice.  I plan to continue to DCA into about 65% Equities/35% Bonds while looking for opportunities for potentially larger gains.

Please comment on why you believe any area or stock will perform better going forward if you care to share.
Link Posted: 3/18/2020 3:49:05 PM EDT
[#1]
A diversified index fund like VTSAX is a no brainer if you don't want to think about specific companies or take risk on a single stock.

I just bought CCL, RCL, NCLH, and DAL. They are being hit hard and with the president saying they will be bailed out it seems like a safe bet. Ive read thet also have access to a significant amount of loans, up to billions if needed and are normally very profitable, I just cant imagine all cruise lines just deciding to just throw in a towel because they had to dock their boats for 6 months.
Link Posted: 3/18/2020 4:04:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Energy and especially oil.  There was a perfect storm to drive oil prices down.  Oil wars between the Saudi's and Russia.  $22 a barrel now.    Unheard of.  XOM, COP, etc..  Also look at DTE, lots of natural gas.  WEC, LNT.
Link Posted: 3/18/2020 4:51:33 PM EDT
[#3]
I usually stay away from single stock and stick to Total Stock Market/Bond/International- Lazy Portfolio.

But looking at OneOK (OKE) and Disney.
Link Posted: 3/19/2020 12:15:44 AM EDT
[#4]
I've always been an index fund guy but had a stack of cash prior to this and I think if you pick the right single stocks your going to make a killing. With that said I'm picking one company from each sector. Goal of 4 or 5 originally but I'm watching

Shell Oil.
Carnival Cruise Lines
Delta Air Lines
Link Posted: 3/19/2020 2:17:11 AM EDT
[#5]
tag
Link Posted: 3/19/2020 2:28:11 AM EDT
[#6]
you need pharmaceuticals on that list
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top