Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/21/2019 7:47:53 PM EDT
I was reading on here and someone had posted an old GI shave kit.

For $25 it is really awesome!

However, if we cant get it because of short supply, i found This!

I showed it to my wife and daughter and said that for my daughters extra curricular activities (homeschooled) they can make this if they so choose.

I will have a replica of a really cool piece, it will be better than the zip-lock I carry, and it is made by my family! That is worth much more than $25!
Link Posted: 1/23/2019 1:18:50 PM EDT
[#1]
The Razor Emporium had something very similar, but some reviews said the elastic was weak.

I like the concept.
Link Posted: 1/23/2019 8:00:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The Razor Emporium had something very similar, but some reviews said the elastic was weak.

I like the concept.
View Quote
What did the regular GI's use? I am wondering if an elastic band of better quality can be had.
Link Posted: 2/3/2019 2:05:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
What did the regular GI's use? I am wondering if an elastic band of better quality can be had.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I like the concept.
The regular khaki sets had nothing more than strips of canvas.  No elastic.  They also had a small polished metal mirror that slid into the cover.

A few threads down has an actual khaki set: https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/How-much-should-I-expect-to-spend-on-a-Doughboy-shaving-kit-/179-1993609/

Truthfully I have gotten some of SOS's stuff in the past and been less than impressed.
Link Posted: 2/3/2019 11:54:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

The regular khaki sets had nothing more than strips of canvas.  No elastic.  They also had a small polished metal mirror that slid into the cover.

A few threads down has an actual khaki set: https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/How-much-should-I-expect-to-spend-on-a-Doughboy-shaving-kit-/179-1993609/

Truthfully I have gotten some of SOS's stuff in the past and been less than impressed.
View Quote
Thank you.

I may not like it but it will help teach my daughter several things. Planning, cost, hard work, patience and perservereance.

Plus I get an awesome gift from my daughter !
Link Posted: 2/4/2019 12:30:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Thank you.

I may not like it but it will help teach my daughter several things. Planning, cost, hard work, patience and perservereance.

Plus I get an awesome gift from my daughter !
View Quote
Truthfully that is great!  

I have a couple of originals in my millitaria collection and the canvas straps work just fine and don't know why the elastic was used by SOS and the other vendor since it will wear out.  Plus theirs is glued over cardboard.  Which neither of the originals I own have any cardboard, just stiff or double thickness canvas.  You should get the portable razor and blade box so she can fit the strapping to the one you'll use.

Can she use a sewing machine?  If so it should be an easy project.
Link Posted: 2/4/2019 12:40:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Truthfully that is great!  

I have a couple of originals in my millitaria collection and the canvas straps work just fine and don't know why the elastic was used by SOS and the other vendor since it will wear out.  Plus theirs is glued over cardboard.  Which neither of the originals I own have any cardboard, just stiff or double thickness canvas.  You should get the portable razor and blade box so she can fit the strapping to the one you'll use.

Can she use a sewing machine?  If so it should be an easy project.
View Quote
Thanks. I do love my little girl. We almost lost her when she was born. Had the life flight been postponed another hour she would have never lived to see 2 days old.

I will send this to her so she can start on this one with the cloth straps instead.

I will also give her my stuff for proper fit as well. That is a great idea. Thanks fort the heads up about the double canvas.

She can. My wife and I have moved her up to a little kids size sewing machine. Not a full size but it is a real one.

She it's also learning from some ladies at church about knitting and crocheting (sp?)

My MIL is here now and she also loves sewing. So my daughter will get some guidence and help. That love bypassed my wife. LOL!

So, it is neat to see my daughter learning from others. We homeschool so this helps her to learn how to work with and whether follow and or communicate with others besides her immediate family.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top