Flatten the science!!

Trust the curves....

Link Posted: 12/4/2021 1:53:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/4/2021 6:03:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The soundbite is crucial because of how it can be used.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/4/2021 6:12:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
No, it isn't that.

And it isn't something completely MIND-BLOWING on that level. But it is a very important thing and tied with a few others. It will be crucial for the overall fight.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lemme guess

Due to the Florida Guard being in the news lately. Now all Floridians will be declared guard members or Florida militia thus authorized to carry open or concealed

No, it isn't that.

And it isn't something completely MIND-BLOWING on that level. But it is a very important thing and tied with a few others. It will be crucial for the overall fight.

Well damn. Would be a good idea anyway
Link Posted: 12/4/2021 6:14:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
https://c.tenor.com/5Liyf8zsSyUAAAAd/oh-boy-is-this-great.gif

From anybody BUT Miami_JBT, I would call

View Quote

He is short and ugly. So there's that. He definitely married up.
Link Posted: 12/4/2021 6:17:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I'm in FL too. Palm Beach to be exact. Can you PM me some details or something? I would give anything to have CC in Florida. Man O Man what I wouldn't give to walk around Palm Beach island or Boca, or Wellington with an AR15 slung around my body just to rub it in their stupid faces.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/4/2021 6:23:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
No clue what you have going on Miami, but keep fighting the good fight Brother!
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/4/2021 6:23:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Tell them to work on repealing the red flag law
Link Posted: 12/4/2021 6:30:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/4/2021 6:34:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Looking forward to some hopefully good news.

Thanks for the heads up!
Link Posted: 12/4/2021 6:38:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Are we getting binary triggers?????
Link Posted: 12/4/2021 6:40:37 PM EDT
[#12]
If we can't get Constitutional carry with a super Republican majority in the Legislature and a Republican Governor then we will never get it.  Of course the Tourist Industry lobby will fight it tooth and nail and they own both parties.
Link Posted: 12/4/2021 6:41:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Are we getting binary triggers?????
View Quote

Nope a soundbite.  But it's strongly worded, so there's that.
Link Posted: 12/4/2021 6:51:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Not happening until the Cat Lady is pushing up daisies.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/4/2021 6:59:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
This soundbite is crucial to achieve Constitutional Carry in FL.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
This soundbite is crucial to achieve Constitutional Carry in FL.

Quoted:
Tell them to work on repealing the red flag law
I ain't picky choosy at this point. We lose our rights a lot quicker than we ever get anything back. Constitutional carry would FINALLY be something back.
Link Posted: 12/4/2021 7:46:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Good, let’s get ONE advancement of our Rights under this ‘republican’ domination. I trust Desantis to do everything he can. Everyone else… : (
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 11:44:49 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Good, let’s get ONE advancement of our Rights under this ‘republican’ domination. I trust Desantis to do everything he can. Everyone else… : (
View Quote

Has it dropped yet?  I can only hold my beath in anticipation for so long.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 12:45:30 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

Gov. Ron DeSantis Supports Constitutional Carry
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 12:56:21 PM EDT
[#19]

Cool
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 12:58:50 PM EDT
[#20]

Thanks, I had missed it.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 12:58:50 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
A soundbite!  If it were accompanied by a carefully worded memo, I might be more inclined to get my hopes up.
View Quote
Maybe even a strongly worded letter.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 12:58:58 PM EDT
[#22]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jhJlR0LU-g

The bigger question is… Will it ever get to his desk?!
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 1:05:29 PM EDT
[#23]
If a frog had wings, it wouldn't bump its ass when it jumped.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 1:09:52 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

The bigger question is Will it ever get to his desk?!
View Quote
There's a reason why I was in Tallahassee this past Friday.

We now have the Governor, the RPOF Chair, and the Senate Majority Leader openly backing Constitutional Carry.

There will be a multi prong media blitz on this, along with a Gun Owners Lobby Day to outright out pressure on the Legislature and others.

Through coordination and hard work, it can happen.

There is a lot of movement behind the scenes right now, movement that never happened before.

The old days of Gun Owners being silent is done and gone. We're building a coalition in FL of like minded groups.

The gentleman that got that is Matt Collins of FL Gun Rights.

We're "industry rivals". We represent two different orgs, yet we were at the same event, working together for a reason.

The cat lady is going to be pissed. She didn't even show up.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 1:19:03 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/122381/Screenshot_20211202-094311_Office-2189389.jpg

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/122381/Resized_20211203_195202-2191591.jpg

We now have the Governor, the RPOF Chair, and the Senate Majority Leader openly backing Constitutional Carry.

There will be a multi prong media blitz on this, along with a Gun Owners Lobby Day to outright out pressure on the Legislature and others.

There is a lot of movement behind the scenes right now, movement that never happened before.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/122381/Resized_20211203_210547-2195411.jpg

The old days of Gun Owners being silent is done and gone. We're building a coalition in FL of like minded groups.

We're "industry rivals". We represent two different orgs, yet we were at the same event, working together for a reason.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The bigger question is Will it ever get to his desk?!

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/122381/Screenshot_20211202-094311_Office-2189389.jpg

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/122381/Resized_20211203_195202-2191591.jpg

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/122381/Resized_20211203_210547-2195411.jpg

I’m excited to see this come to fruition. Thank you for being in the trenches for us.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 1:22:43 PM EDT
[#26]
Good job.
Outta all the things CC is what I'd want fl to pass....

Link Posted: 12/7/2021 1:28:42 PM EDT
[#27]
Great to see!

How can I help?

Unfortunately I don’t live in Tallahassee anymore but I can still make it up there with a little heads up.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 1:37:46 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I'd really like to say more but I can't at the moment. But keep your eyes and ears open. This soundbite is crucial to achieve Constitutional Carry in FL.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Thanks for the details
I'd really like to say more but I can't at the moment. But keep your eyes and ears open. This soundbite is crucial to achieve Constitutional Carry in FL.
The Rs that keep blocking it are retiring?
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 1:41:09 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
The Rs that keep blocking it are retiring?
View Quote
Simpson is term limited. DeSantis wants to run in 2024 and his 2A record sucks. Things are moving behind the scenes. But the end result will only happen if gun owners get involved.

There cannot be a repeat of 2018 again where no one showed up.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 1:51:55 PM EDT
[#30]
Damn this whole time I thought Constitutional Carry and Open Carry were the same.  Guess that is what I get for assuming anything. There goes my plans to take me  AR out for a walk. Apparently Constitutional Carry does not apply to non handguns is that right?

for any other morons like me who assume too much, Read about the differences here.

For the impatient, I can cliff it:

Open Carry: Refers to the legal right to carry a holstered handgun or a long gun in a manner which is visible to those around the carrier. (Generally refers to the right to do so without a license.)

Concealed Carry: Refers to the legal right to carry a handgun in a manner which conceals its presence from those around the carrier. (Generally refers to the right to do so only with a license.)

I guess it's a step forward for Florida and many thanks for that but I don't see why this had to be posted with such a dramatic way and kept secret from us.

Link Posted: 12/7/2021 2:05:30 PM EDT
[#31]
DeSantis will sign a Constitutional Carry bill if it makes it to his desk?

FWIW I always figured he would, if it made it to his desk. For that matter I think Youngkin could be persuaded to so as well.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 2:08:02 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Damn this whole time I thought Constitutional Carry and Open Carry were the same.  Guess that is what I get for assuming anything. There goes my plans to take me  AR out for a walk. Apparently Constitutional Carry does not apply to non handguns is that right?

for any other morons like me who assume too much, Read about the differences here.

For the impatient, I can cliff it:

Open Carry: Refers to the legal right to carry a holstered handgun or a long gun in a manner which is visible to those around the carrier. (Generally refers to the right to do so without a license.)

Concealed Carry: Refers to the legal right to carry a handgun in a manner which conceals its presence from those around the carrier. (Generally refers to the right to do so only with a license.)

I guess it's a step forward for Florida and many thanks for that but I don't see why this had to be posted with such a dramatic way and kept secret from us.

View Quote
In FL, Constitutional Carry is permitless carry, both openly and concealed.

You can actually read the legislation.

Carrying of Firearms Without Licenses: Removes requirement that license to carry concealed firearm is required in order to carry such firearm; limits areas in which concealed carrying of firearm is prohibited; revises criminal penalties; revises provisions relating to carrying of concealed weapons or firearms by nonresidents; provides for issuance of concealed carry licenses for reciprocity purposes; specifies person not otherwise prohibited by law from possessing firearm or other weapon may own, possess, & lawfully use firearms & other weapons, ammunition, & supplies for lawful purposes.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 2:09:04 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
DeSantis will sign a Constitutional Carry bill if it makes it to his desk?

FWIW I always figured he would, if it made it to his desk. For that matter I think Youngkin could be persuaded to so as well.
View Quote
We haven't been able to publicly lock him down on this. Same with the Senate Majority Leader and the Party Chair.

Link Posted: 12/7/2021 2:09:50 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 2:22:53 PM EDT
[#35]
I can hear the Krazy Kat Lady of the NRA screeching from here
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 2:42:22 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Simpson is term limited. DeSantis wants to run in 2024 and his 2A record sucks. Things are moving behind the scenes. But the end result will only happen if gun knees get involved.

There cannot be a repeat of 2018 again where no one showed up.
View Quote

Keeping my eyes peeled for more info! Thanks for all you're doing Miami!
Link Posted: 12/8/2021 7:08:40 PM EDT
[#37]
Rep. Sabatini just basically called out the Governor to put his money where his mouth is.

https://twitter.com/anthonysabatini/status/1468714024493797379?s=10

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top