Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/26/2018 7:18:38 PM EDT
I thought I'd pass this on.  It's a moire fringe technique to check for front/back focus.  Pull the 1000x1000 image up on your screen, center your camera on a tripod looking at the screen, and adjust your fine tune until the pattern looks correct.  Front/back focus will look weird, and if you're high/low/sideways you'll get odd patterns showing you to adjust the centering of your camera vs display.

http://www.northlight-images.co.uk/camera-af-microadjustment/#AF_test_image

Correct focus and then front focus:

Link Posted: 11/26/2018 8:55:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 10:38:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Here I was thinking you took those shots and wondering how the sun could possibly be lighting up those curtains.

But I'll have to try this out.
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 10:56:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Looks interesting.  I've always used the focus ramp test.  At the fastest aperture it's pretty darned effective.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top