Warning

 

Close
Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Cancel Confirm
AR15.COM

Interesting Ruski stuff (Page 13 of 95)

Previous Page
/ 95
Next Page
10/23/2020 11:18:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Quote History
Originally Posted By XeroSygnal:



They're actually moving the T28 into their new display building any day now.



The new building:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Originally Posted By XeroSygnal:
Originally Posted By Maccrage:
Originally Posted By Merlin:
Originally Posted By Finslayer83:
Originally Posted By Maccrage:

Let's take the same engine as our medium tanks and stick it in a super heavy! Brilliant!

ETA: outer tracks removed for rail transport. It would tow them like a trailer.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/145185/19bd7207a67de6821d3c74035e6914af-1645211.jpg


Pretty sure I saw that at the Armor museum (Ft. Knox) in 2005.

It was neat

It was at Ft. Knox until 2010-2011 when they moved most of the tanks from FTK to Ft. Benning along with the Amour School.  I don't know if Ft. Benning ever opened their Tank Museum or not.  It's been 9 years FFS.

They're saying 2025.

https://history.army.mil/museums/TRADOC/fortBenning_natArmor/index.html

The U.S. Army Armor & Cavalry Collection is raising funds to build the National Armor and Cavalry Museum. We want to create a world-class museum to honor all our mounted warriors--past, present, & future--and their families. The site is on land adjacent to the National Infantry Museum and Soldier Center. When completed, this site will be the U.S. Army's largest museum complex. We are projecting a 2025 opening.

In the interim, part of the US Army Armor and Cavalry collection can be seen at Pattons' Park which displays nine armored vehicles representing WWII-Desert Storm. The vehicles on display are the M4 Sherman, M26 Pershing, M48, M60A3, M1 Abrams, M3 Bradley, M113 ACAV, M114 and the M551 Sheridan. This is an open air walking trail located just outside the Fort Benning, GA entry gate on Benning Blvd (future site of the National Armor and Cavalry Museum and adjacent to the National Infantry Museum). The main collection is housed at a restoration and storage facility and is not opened to the public. Pattons Park will also see some much needed enhancements over the next 18 months that will include improved trails, vehicle pads and spaces for additional monuments. Please consider donating to our Pattons Park and Monument Walk Project.



They're actually moving the T28 into their new display building any day now.



The new building:


That's a biiiig building.
I got my degree in English at UOP. - gene5
OMG Aimless please, please, please do me do me do me do me do me! - Bob_Steele
F*ck you, I'm Millwall!
10/23/2020 12:29:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4xGM300m][Edited] [#2]
Quote History
Originally Posted By Roddy556:


Do you think one of those, or the rifle version, has ever been fired at anyone?

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/365646/PHOTO-2-APS-Underwater-Rifle_jpg-1649811.JPG
View Quote


At least tested on some poor dissidents.

10/23/2020 2:28:12 PM EDT
[#3]


"Academic Town"

Akademgorodok

I wonder what shady stuff is going on there.
10/23/2020 2:35:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Quote History
Originally Posted By 4xGM300m:
https://i.imgur.com/4hJL06t.jpg

"Academic Town"

Akademgorodok

I wonder what shady stuff is going on there.
View Quote

Almost looks like they were originally trying to spell something out with the buildings.
I got my degree in English at UOP. - gene5
OMG Aimless please, please, please do me do me do me do me do me! - Bob_Steele
F*ck you, I'm Millwall!
10/23/2020 4:31:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Quote History
Originally Posted By 4xGM300m:


At least tested on some poor dissidents.

View Quote



It's a good question.  Short of asking somebody who was in Spetsnaz and willing to talk about missions, it would be really hard to say with any certainty.  

I remember reading a mention of the carbine version in an article somewhere, and the writer used the adjective "quaint".  

Yeah, maybe.  Unless I was a combat-trained swimmer, and had experience with shooting at people/things underwater, I think I'd reserve judgement.

I certainly wouldn't bet against that thing working as expected, and I'd love to have some of the carbine ammo for my collection.
"I assure you, Mr. Mowry, that I am quite serious when I ask you to oblige by walking bow-legged."
10/23/2020 5:25:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Quote History
Originally Posted By Stonecutter6:


Pretty neat look at their Tech. Also their use of their EMP generator in their own cities mounted in a "civilian" SUV too.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Originally Posted By Stonecutter6:
Originally Posted By springermania:


If you can tolerate the RT propaganda, here’s a pretty decent vid of these.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsL2RPZkCFg


Pretty neat look at their Tech. Also their use of their EMP generator in their own cities mounted in a "civilian" SUV too.


they have a unique way of looking at COTS solutions, some of their early antenna shrouds for a recent campaign were actually just plastic roof-top luggage carriers
Beware; for I am fearless, and therefore powerful.
10/23/2020 5:38:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Tranquility][Edited] [#7]
Quote History
Originally Posted By kozaki:



It's a good question.  Short of asking somebody who was in Spetsnaz and willing to talk about missions, it would be really hard to say with any certainty.  

I remember reading a mention of the carbine version in an article somewhere, and the writer used the adjective "quaint".  

Yeah, maybe.  Unless I was a combat-trained swimmer, and had experience with shooting at people/things underwater, I think I'd reserve judgement.

I certainly wouldn't bet against that thing working as expected, and I'd love to have some of the carbine ammo for my collection.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Originally Posted By kozaki:
Originally Posted By 4xGM300m:


At least tested on some poor dissidents.




It's a good question.  Short of asking somebody who was in Spetsnaz and willing to talk about missions, it would be really hard to say with any certainty.  

I remember reading a mention of the carbine version in an article somewhere, and the writer used the adjective "quaint".  

Yeah, maybe.  Unless I was a combat-trained swimmer, and had experience with shooting at people/things underwater, I think I'd reserve judgement.

I certainly wouldn't bet against that thing working as expected, and I'd love to have some of the carbine ammo for my collection.


I have no doubt that it works as intended, I'm more wondering if they ever had a chance to put it to work.

How often do combat divers encounter enemy combat divers under water? I figured if they suspected there were enemy frogmen nearby they would just throw some grenades in the water or something instead of sending guys to fight them like a scene from Octopussy.

The pistol I can kind of see being handy but a big rifle like that seems almost like a solution looking for a problem. Kind of like the cannon they mounted on a space station. Very cool but pretty useless.

Here's another picture of one of the pistols:

Attached File
10/23/2020 6:27:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Quote History
Originally Posted By Roddy556:


I have no doubt that it works as intended, I'm more wondering if they ever had a chance to put it to work.

How often do combat divers encounter enemy combat divers under water? I figured if they suspected there were enemy frogmen nearby they would just throw some grenades in the water or something instead of sending guys to fight them like a scene from Octopussy.

The pistol I can kind of see being handy but a big rifle like that seems almost like a solution looking for a problem. Kind of like the cannon they mounted on a space station. Very cool but pretty useless.

Here's another picture of one of the pistols:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/365646/mm5mnf9u00g41_jpg-1650433.JPG
View Quote


I guess it depends on how badly you want to keep things quiet.
"I assure you, Mr. Mowry, that I am quite serious when I ask you to oblige by walking bow-legged."
10/25/2020 8:56:08 AM EDT
[#9]






Object 781

10/25/2020 9:35:48 AM EDT
[#10]
Quote History
Originally Posted By Maccrage:

They're saying 2025.

https://history.army.mil/museums/TRADOC/fortBenning_natArmor/index.html

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Originally Posted By Maccrage:
Originally Posted By Merlin:
Originally Posted By Finslayer83:
Originally Posted By Maccrage:

Let's take the same engine as our medium tanks and stick it in a super heavy! Brilliant!

ETA: outer tracks removed for rail transport. It would tow them like a trailer.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/145185/19bd7207a67de6821d3c74035e6914af-1645211.jpg


Pretty sure I saw that at the Armor museum (Ft. Knox) in 2005.

It was neat

It was at Ft. Knox until 2010-2011 when they moved most of the tanks from FTK to Ft. Benning along with the Amour School.  I don't know if Ft. Benning ever opened their Tank Museum or not.  It's been 9 years FFS.

They're saying 2025.

https://history.army.mil/museums/TRADOC/fortBenning_natArmor/index.html

The U.S. Army Armor & Cavalry Collection is raising funds to build the National Armor and Cavalry Museum. We want to create a world-class museum to honor all our mounted warriors--past, present, & future--and their families. The site is on land adjacent to the National Infantry Museum and Soldier Center. When completed, this site will be the U.S. Army's largest museum complex. We are projecting a 2025 opening.

In the interim, part of the US Army Armor and Cavalry collection can be seen at Pattons' Park which displays nine armored vehicles representing WWII-Desert Storm. The vehicles on display are the M4 Sherman, M26 Pershing, M48, M60A3, M1 Abrams, M3 Bradley, M113 ACAV, M114 and the M551 Sheridan. This is an open air walking trail located just outside the Fort Benning, GA entry gate on Benning Blvd (future site of the National Armor and Cavalry Museum and adjacent to the National Infantry Museum). The main collection is housed at a restoration and storage facility and is not opened to the public. Pattons Park will also see some much needed enhancements over the next 18 months that will include improved trails, vehicle pads and spaces for additional monuments. Please consider donating to our Pattons Park and Monument Walk Project.

Used to be 2021 IRC.  
FreeKyle!
https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/The-offical-Kyle-Rittenhouse-thread-fund-raiser-link-in-OP-/5-2362752/
10/25/2020 3:20:31 PM EDT
[#11]


A little quiz for today. What is this?

10/25/2020 9:51:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Quote History
Originally Posted By 4xGM300m:
https://i.imgur.com/XVzeCIL.jpg

A little quiz for today. What is this?

View Quote



Whatever and wherever, it seems pretty luxurious by Soviet standards!



"I assure you, Mr. Mowry, that I am quite serious when I ask you to oblige by walking bow-legged."
10/26/2020 2:26:44 PM EDT
[#13]













9M730 Burevestnik

10/26/2020 2:31:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Nuclear powered cruise missile spewing radioactive exhaust? Didn't we already try that?
I got my degree in English at UOP. - gene5
OMG Aimless please, please, please do me do me do me do me do me! - Bob_Steele
F*ck you, I'm Millwall!
10/26/2020 3:39:31 PM EDT
[#15]
Quote History
Originally Posted By Maccrage:
Nuclear powered cruise missile spewing radioactive exhaust? Didn't we already try that?
View Quote



Project Pluto - SLAM.
Never built, but engines were tested at the NTS

10/28/2020 6:45:05 AM EDT
[#16]
Quote History
Originally Posted By kozaki:



Whatever and wherever, it seems pretty luxurious by Soviet standards!



View Quote


It's the interior of a tank.




Protection for "Ladoga"

10/29/2020 6:01:52 AM EDT
[#17]
BMPT Terminator: The Real Life Terminator (Revised)



10/29/2020 6:08:41 AM EDT
[#18]
Demining installation UR-15 "Meteor"






UR-77 Meterorit





The vehicle is armed with a launcher and two mine-clearing line charges. When launched, a charge causes a shock wave that destroys or disables all the shells or mines along the area of the line charge. (with a width of 6 metres and length up to 90 metres).[4]

The vehicle has also been used offensively, where its line charge has been used to destroy entire streets in urban combat.[3]
View Quote


10/29/2020 11:14:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Infamous][Edited] [#19]
nevermind i suck at html
Audentes Fortuna Iuvat
10/29/2020 11:59:12 AM EDT
[#20]
Quote History
Originally Posted By 4xGM300m:
https://i.imgur.com/XVzeCIL.jpg

A little quiz for today. What is this?

View Quote



Concorde-ski?
10/29/2020 2:57:20 PM EDT
[#21]
Tank interior, link above.  

10/29/2020 3:13:26 PM EDT
[#22]
Quote History
Originally Posted By 4xGM300m:


It's the interior of a tank.


https://i.imgur.com/25anQsd.jpg

Protection for "Ladoga"

View Quote



Gotta have something reasonably comfy for the general to sit in while he cruises through the clouds of nerve-agent.

"I assure you, Mr. Mowry, that I am quite serious when I ask you to oblige by walking bow-legged."
10/29/2020 5:50:09 PM EDT
[#23]



Various mission armored vehicles  based on the VPK-7829 Bumerang modular wheeled platform:

0 - Source vehicle

1 - IFV

2 - Mobile Gun System

3 - Air Defence System

4 - Self-Propelled Mortar

5 - Command and Control Vehicle

6 - NBC Reconnaissance Vehicle

7 - Armoured Recovery Vehicle

8 - Armored Medical Evacuation Vehicle

9 - APC
10/31/2020 8:25:58 PM EDT
[#24]
11/1/2020 4:19:51 PM EDT
[#25]
11/2/2020 4:42:37 AM EDT
[#26]


T-64
11/2/2020 8:12:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: anothermisanthrope][Edited] [#27]




The Bella-1
https://www.aviaru.net/english/articles/bellaEng.shtml





An 14SH and VVA-14
Accept the terrible responsibility of life with eyes wide open.
11/2/2020 4:03:00 PM EDT
[#28]
Russian cursive

Holy shit.

11/3/2020 6:43:47 PM EDT
[#29]
Quote History
Originally Posted By 4xGM300m:
Russian cursive

Holy shit.

https://i.imgur.com/GD5Y9v1.jpg
View Quote



There's some interesting examples there. Most are completely unintelligible, but some are really striking and aesthetically pleasing handwriting. Still can't read it, even though I understand the alphabet though.

Speaking of neat Russian things, this came in the mail today. Will be a nice companion to my moon watch, if about 1/30th the price

Attached File
So great a loss can we still be redeemed? When we have failed to sow our father's seeds. For hill and wood, for oak and ash and thorn- for ways of life now gone forever more.
11/4/2020 12:00:52 AM EDT
[#30]
Quote History
Originally Posted By RolandofGilead:



There's some interesting examples there. Most are completely unintelligible, but some are really striking and aesthetically pleasing handwriting. Still can't read it, even though I understand the alphabet though.

Speaking of neat Russian things, this came in the mail today. Will be a nice companion to my moon watch, if about 1/30th the price

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/45602/PXL_20201103_224250972_jpg-1667945.JPG
View Quote



Ahh, Raketa.  I have four, various types.
"I assure you, Mr. Mowry, that I am quite serious when I ask you to oblige by walking bow-legged."
11/4/2020 12:04:03 AM EDT
[#31]
Worked on some Russian made stuff last sunday



nothing of value here
11/4/2020 12:53:28 AM EDT
[#32]
Quote History
Originally Posted By kozaki:



Ahh, Raketa.  I have four, various types.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Originally Posted By kozaki:
Originally Posted By RolandofGilead:



There's some interesting examples there. Most are completely unintelligible, but some are really striking and aesthetically pleasing handwriting. Still can't read it, even though I understand the alphabet though.

Speaking of neat Russian things, this came in the mail today. Will be a nice companion to my moon watch, if about 1/30th the price

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/45602/PXL_20201103_224250972_jpg-1667945.JPG



Ahh, Raketa.  I have four, various types.



Nice. I got a couple others too, but not raketa.
So great a loss can we still be redeemed? When we have failed to sow our father's seeds. For hill and wood, for oak and ash and thorn- for ways of life now gone forever more.
11/4/2020 3:59:54 AM EDT
[#33]
Quote History
Originally Posted By MBentz:
Seeing an Mi26 in person is actually incredible.

Also, the MiG 15 is gorgeous.
View Quote


Is it literally actually incredible?

I have actually been actually inside one and it actually is actually incredible... actually.
11/7/2020 9:51:53 PM EDT
[#34]



Reconnaissance sniper of the 16th Guards Brigade of the Special Forces of the GRU (Western Military District) armed with a SV-98M rifle.
11/8/2020 2:57:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2A373][Edited] [#35]
VKS

Attached File



12.7 X 55 mm

Attached File
11/8/2020 7:30:38 PM EDT
[#36]


I would love to shoot all these Russian guns.

11/11/2020 4:19:14 AM EDT
[#37]


MAZ-7310 carrying a tank for the Buran program.



11/11/2020 6:41:19 AM EDT
[#38]


Soviet interwar concept of an airborne tank: amphibious light tank T-37A attached under a Soviet TB-3 AM-34 bomber. October 1936
View Quote




Soviet interwar concept of an airborne tank: amphibious light tank T-37A the tank is dropped into the water from a TB-3 AM-34 bomber. Theoretically a tank was supposed to float, but it sank
View Quote


11/11/2020 9:08:11 PM EDT
[#39]
Quote History
Originally Posted By 4xGM300m:


I would love to shoot all these Russian guns.

View Quote


I'd love to try a VKS out.
11/11/2020 9:09:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2A373][Edited] [#40]
Quote History
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Originally Posted By 4xGM300m:
https://i.imgur.com/75CGIYx.jpg

Soviet interwar concept of an airborne tank: amphibious light tank T-37A attached under a Soviet TB-3 AM-34 bomber. October 1936


https://i.imgur.com/a3Qc5Bn.jpg

Soviet interwar concept of an airborne tank: amphibious light tank T-37A the tank is dropped into the water from a TB-3 AM-34 bomber. Theoretically a tank was supposed to float, but it sank




Need video!

Attached File
11/12/2020 6:03:34 AM EDT
[#41]
I wonder if the tank was manned.





BMP1
11/12/2020 1:53:25 PM EDT
[#42]
Quote History
Originally Posted By 4xGM300m:
I wonder if the tank was manned.



https://i.imgur.com/yWofzSz.jpg

BMP1
View Quote


Wow, those things look minty fresh. What's the story here?
11/12/2020 3:51:40 PM EDT
[#43]
No story, just a picture I found.

11/12/2020 3:55:57 PM EDT
[#44]
Quote History
Originally Posted By 4xGM300m:
https://i.imgur.com/ili5zXH.jpg

I don't know why, but I want one.

SBA-60K2 Bulat


https://i.imgur.com/MNBnOJP.jpg

Listva
A mine clearing and EOD vehicle, fitted with mine detection and disposal equipment. The Listva is intended to clear routes for the Topol, Topol-M and Yars road mobile intercontinental ballistic missiles. It entered service with the Strategic Missile Troops in 2014.
View Quote
Won't those things fry your organs if you stand on the wrong side of it?
<**Me:**> I just spent 95% of my paycheck on LaRue stuff, within 30 minutes of getting paid. < **mfingar:**> For what it's worth, Dillo Dust is great on Ramen. </**mfingar:**></**me:**>
11/12/2020 4:04:24 PM EDT
[#45]
Quote History
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Originally Posted By 2A373:
Originally Posted By 4xGM300m:
https://i.imgur.com/75CGIYx.jpg

Soviet interwar concept of an airborne tank: amphibious light tank T-37A attached under a Soviet TB-3 AM-34 bomber. October 1936


https://i.imgur.com/a3Qc5Bn.jpg

Soviet interwar concept of an airborne tank: amphibious light tank T-37A the tank is dropped into the water from a TB-3 AM-34 bomber. Theoretically a tank was supposed to float, but it sank




Need video!

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/54089/6cragyzdxooz_jpg-1680164.JPG


Ilyushin Il-76 Soviet strategic airlift



It looks like @3:43 they figured out how to drop a tank properly.

I don’t know why but I love the IL-76, it’s like a loud smoky 1970s semi-truck that flies.
11/12/2020 10:37:13 PM EDT
[#46]
Quote History
Originally Posted By elcope:
Here's how you rescue a cat stuck in a tree in Russia.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_Nr31Lv6H8

Make sure you have English subtitles on.
View Quote

I just watched that...I was busting laughing so loud the wife came in from another room.  I could barely tell her what happened.  That was hysterical.
In memory of my son Sean James, born 6/25/97. Died 9/16/13.

We will be reunited in heaven.
11/12/2020 11:17:19 PM EDT
[#47]
Nice smooth Russian roads....

In Russia the beat drops you


Everyone has probably seen this already but it still cracks me up.
11/12/2020 11:54:57 PM EDT
[#48]
Quote History
Originally Posted By 4xGM300m:
I wonder if the tank was manned.



https://i.imgur.com/yWofzSz.jpg

BMP1
View Quote



Those look like they are packed for transport on a ship maybe?
RIP CPT Mike Medders and SGT Cory Spates
OIF 07-09
Diyala, Iraq
11/18/2020 2:46:32 PM EDT
[#49]




A number of experimental turbine-powered tanks preceded the T-80, such as Uralvagon's Obiekt 166TM, powered by a GTD-3T helicopter engine
View Quote
11/18/2020 2:50:37 PM EDT
[#50]
Soviet GSP-11 automatic nerve agent detector teardown
nothing of value here

Sign up to continue the discussion

Create a free account to share your thoughts, follow topics, and connect with the AR15.COM community.

Already a member? Sign In

Previous Page
/ 95
Next Page

Interesting Ruski stuff (Page 13 of 95)