Warning

 

Close
Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Cancel Confirm
AR15.COM

Interesting Ruski stuff (Page 12 of 95)

Previous Page
/ 95
Next Page
10/6/2020 10:39:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Quote History
Originally Posted By CIE:


Just because you can doesn't mean you should.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Originally Posted By CIE:


Just because you can doesn't mean you should.

Hmm... Commie version of Puff the Magic Dragon?
I got my degree in English at UOP. - gene5
OMG Aimless please, please, please do me do me do me do me do me! - Bob_Steele
F*ck you, I'm Millwall!
10/6/2020 11:31:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Quote History
Originally Posted By Maccrage:

Hmm... Commie version of Puff the Magic Dragon?
View Quote



Not really, way way before, the US version used Thompson's, mounted some type of aircraft during the 1920's.

As far as I know, it was strictly a one-off, and was never used in combat.
"I assure you, Mr. Mowry, that I am quite serious when I ask you to oblige by walking bow-legged."
10/7/2020 3:22:32 PM EDT
[#3]


Mi-8AMTSh-VN









Nerpa anti-diver UUV, from Talisman Design Bureau



Ilyushin Il-20M ELectronic signals INTelligence ELINT



A Kamov Ka-27PS search and rescue helicopter being loaded into the hangar of Udaloy-class destroyer Admiral Panteleyev during SAREX 2019
10/7/2020 4:14:30 PM EDT
[#4]
That digital camo is pretty awesome.
I got my degree in English at UOP. - gene5
OMG Aimless please, please, please do me do me do me do me do me! - Bob_Steele
F*ck you, I'm Millwall!
10/7/2020 6:10:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Quote History
Originally Posted By Maccrage:
That digital camo is pretty awesome.
View Quote



True. Imagine how many man hours went into getting it look that sharp.
"I assure you, Mr. Mowry, that I am quite serious when I ask you to oblige by walking bow-legged."
10/11/2020 6:54:11 AM EDT
[#6]


Polish tank training simulator SJ-01
10/12/2020 4:29:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4xGM300m][Edited] [#7]




Hey Ivan, how low can you fly?

Da!

An-12

10/12/2020 4:41:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Quote History
Originally Posted By 4xGM300m:
https://i.imgur.com/YJQCnzX.png

Mi-8AMTSh-VN

https://i.imgur.com/cE053fB.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/d7EtrHj.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/XAkVg1U.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/RXamAOw.jpg

Nerpa anti-diver UUV, from Talisman Design Bureau

https://i.imgur.com/lCjsHd4.jpg

Ilyushin Il-20M ELectronic signals INTelligence ELINT

https://i.imgur.com/NbaDXgE.jpg

A Kamov Ka-27PS search and rescue helicopter being loaded into the hangar of Udaloy-class destroyer Admiral Panteleyev during SAREX 2019
View Quote
That hanger looks like a clusterfuck that only the Russians and Rube Goldberg could love.
<**Me:**> I just spent 95% of my paycheck on LaRue stuff, within 30 minutes of getting paid. < **mfingar:**> For what it's worth, Dillo Dust is great on Ramen. </**mfingar:**></**me:**>
10/12/2020 6:32:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Quote History
Originally Posted By 4xGM300m:
https://i.imgur.com/YJQCnzX.png

Mi-8AMTSh-VN

https://i.imgur.com/cE053fB.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/d7EtrHj.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/XAkVg1U.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/RXamAOw.jpg

Nerpa anti-diver UUV, from Talisman Design Bureau

https://i.imgur.com/lCjsHd4.jpg

Ilyushin Il-20M ELectronic signals INTelligence ELINT

https://i.imgur.com/NbaDXgE.jpg

A Kamov Ka-27PS search and rescue helicopter being loaded into the hangar of Udaloy-class destroyer Admiral Panteleyev during SAREX 2019
View Quote


I want to take that UAV catfishing.  
Originally Posted By Rex_Allen:
I’ve ate strawberry ice cream from my wife’s ass.
10/12/2020 6:32:47 PM EDT
[#10]


IS-3

10/12/2020 10:31:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Quote History
Originally Posted By 4xGM300m:
https://i.imgur.com/0ugTpK5.jpg



Hey Ivan, how low can you fly?

Da!

An-12

View Quote
No one ever wins that contest...you can only tie
10/14/2020 4:05:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4xGM300m][Edited] [#12]


I don't know why, but I want one.

SBA-60K2 Bulat




Listva
A mine clearing and EOD vehicle, fitted with mine detection and disposal equipment. The Listva is intended to clear routes for the Topol, Topol-M and Yars road mobile intercontinental ballistic missiles. It entered service with the Strategic Missile Troops in 2014.
10/14/2020 7:55:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Quote History
Originally Posted By 4xGM300m:
https://i.imgur.com/ili5zXH.jpg

I don't know why, but I want one.

SBA-60K2 Bulat
View Quote


I have wanted a BTR-40 or 60 for years. Who makes it?
You only have power over people so long as you don't take everything away from them. But when you've robbed a man of everything, he's no longer in your power, he's free again.-Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
10/14/2020 11:03:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Quote History
Originally Posted By 4xGM300m:
https://i.imgur.com/ili5zXH.jpg

I don't know why, but I want one.

SBA-60K2 Bulat


https://i.imgur.com/MNBnOJP.jpg

Listva
A mine clearing and EOD vehicle, fitted with mine detection and disposal equipment. The Listva is intended to clear routes for the Topol, Topol-M and Yars road mobile intercontinental ballistic missiles. It entered service with the Strategic Missile Troops in 2014.
View Quote


If you can tolerate the RT propaganda, here’s a pretty decent vid of these.


10/15/2020 6:10:52 AM EDT
[#15]
Nice vid. THX.  90% from Russian sources is propaganda, I just enjoy the crazyness.



Object 19



Object 757, ATGM tank based on the T-10.

10/15/2020 11:27:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Tranquility][Edited] [#16]
This is a Soyuz launch abort in 1983. In a very Soviet way of doing things the crew could not actuate an abort themselves and relied on the ground crew to do that.

Soyuz Launch Escape Tower System


I like how at 0:38 seconds into the video you can see an officer casually scratching his ear as if he was completely unfazed by the explosion happening in front of him.
10/15/2020 11:30:09 AM EDT
[#17]
Damn, shot in the '80s, looks like the '50s.
I got my degree in English at UOP. - gene5
OMG Aimless please, please, please do me do me do me do me do me! - Bob_Steele
F*ck you, I'm Millwall!
10/15/2020 12:16:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Doug_262][Edited] [#18]
Object 279



10/15/2020 12:19:28 PM EDT
[#19]
Quote History
Originally Posted By Troutman84:
The Russians sure do make some ugly shit.
View Quote


A lot of them are ugly, but that just makes them more interesting in my eyes. I like all the ships and tanks and shit all covered in sponsons and blisters and antennae and guns.

A lot of their fighter aircraft are not ugly at all, very nice looking.


Trying to be an incarnation of Poe's Law.
10/15/2020 12:38:24 PM EDT
[#20]
Quote History
Originally Posted By Spearweasel:


A lot of them are ugly, but that just makes them more interesting in my eyes. I like all the ships and tanks and shit all covered in sponsons and blisters and antennae and guns.

A lot of their fighter aircraft are not ugly at all, very nice looking.


View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Originally Posted By Spearweasel:
Originally Posted By Troutman84:
The Russians sure do make some ugly shit.


A lot of them are ugly, but that just makes them more interesting in my eyes. I like all the ships and tanks and shit all covered in sponsons and blisters and antennae and guns.

A lot of their fighter aircraft are not ugly at all, very nice looking.





I've always found it interesting. They make some of the most god awful ugly shit, then some of the most beautiful arcitecture you've ever seen...and if you're into watches, some of the Soviet and Russian watches are extremely nice looking. I guess they just go straight function over form with many things.
So great a loss can we still be redeemed? When we have failed to sow our father's seeds. For hill and wood, for oak and ash and thorn- for ways of life now gone forever more.
10/15/2020 2:50:05 PM EDT
[#21]
Quote History
Originally Posted By RolandofGilead:



I've always found it interesting. They make some of the most god awful ugly shit, then some of the most beautiful arcitecture you've ever seen...and if you're into watches, some of the Soviet and Russian watches are extremely nice looking. I guess they just go straight function over form with many things.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Originally Posted By RolandofGilead:
Originally Posted By Spearweasel:
Originally Posted By Troutman84:
The Russians sure do make some ugly shit.


A lot of them are ugly, but that just makes them more interesting in my eyes. I like all the ships and tanks and shit all covered in sponsons and blisters and antennae and guns.

A lot of their fighter aircraft are not ugly at all, very nice looking.





I've always found it interesting. They make some of the most god awful ugly shit, then some of the most beautiful arcitecture you've ever seen...and if you're into watches, some of the Soviet and Russian watches are extremely nice looking. I guess they just go straight function over form with many things.



I took a contining education class on the Soviet problem solving method called TRIZ, it helps explain the "straight function over form" you see in many of the designs.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TRIZ
Never follow anyone shorter than you; they can walk under things that you can't.
10/15/2020 2:50:13 PM EDT
[#22]
Quote History
Originally Posted By RolandofGilead:

Soviet and Russian watches
View Quote


They often copied old German or Swiss designs. I own a couple of them, some are 1:1 copies from outdated German or Swiss mechanical clockworks.  



10/15/2020 3:27:40 PM EDT
[#23]
Quote History
Originally Posted By 4xGM300m:


They often copied old German or Swiss designs. I own a couple of them, some are 1:1 copies from outdated German or Swiss mechanical clockworks.  



View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Originally Posted By 4xGM300m:
Originally Posted By RolandofGilead:

Soviet and Russian watches


They often copied old German or Swiss designs. I own a couple of them, some are 1:1 copies from outdated German or Swiss mechanical clockworks.  






I didn't know that, but it makes sense....one more thing Peter the Great brought to Russia from Europe (he established the Rocket watch factory in like 1770 something...I actually just ordered one)

So great a loss can we still be redeemed? When we have failed to sow our father's seeds. For hill and wood, for oak and ash and thorn- for ways of life now gone forever more.
10/15/2020 4:12:01 PM EDT
[#24]
The Russians bought a bankrupt American watch factory and shipped it to the Motherland, along with some American workers.

https://www.cantonrep.com/article/20160328/NEWS/160329321
10/15/2020 4:25:19 PM EDT
[#25]
Quote History
Originally Posted By pivoproseem:
The Russians bought a bankrupt American watch factory and shipped it to the Motherland, along with some American workers.

https://www.cantonrep.com/article/20160328/NEWS/160329321
View Quote



Very cool, thanks for sharing. The Poljot brand is still around too

So great a loss can we still be redeemed? When we have failed to sow our father's seeds. For hill and wood, for oak and ash and thorn- for ways of life now gone forever more.
10/15/2020 4:28:34 PM EDT
[#26]
I've always wanted a T-55.
I got my degree in English at UOP. - gene5
OMG Aimless please, please, please do me do me do me do me do me! - Bob_Steele
F*ck you, I'm Millwall!
10/15/2020 4:58:26 PM EDT
[#27]
Quote History
Originally Posted By pivoproseem:
The Russians bought a bankrupt American watch factory and shipped it to the Motherland, along with some American workers.

https://www.cantonrep.com/article/20160328/NEWS/160329321
View Quote



Digging into more history...interesting stuff. The Rocket brand was a Gagarin commemerative brand and the pic I posted above was the Sturmanski he wore in space, then also worn by Tereshkova went she went up. This will be a nice addition to my Omega moon watch.

Turns out the Rocket factory is at Peterhof (the summer palace). I've been there, but didn't realize the watch factory was there too. I will need to get a tour next time I'm there.
So great a loss can we still be redeemed? When we have failed to sow our father's seeds. For hill and wood, for oak and ash and thorn- for ways of life now gone forever more.
10/18/2020 7:42:35 PM EDT
[#28]
Quote History
Originally Posted By springermania:


If you can tolerate the RT propaganda, here’s a pretty decent vid of these.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsL2RPZkCFg
View Quote


Pretty neat look at their Tech. Also their use of their EMP generator in their own cities mounted in a "civilian" SUV too.
RIP CPT Mike Medders and SGT Cory Spates
OIF 07-09
Diyala, Iraq
10/20/2020 5:38:49 AM EDT
[#29]





Tankmen of the 7th Guards Airborne Assault (Mountain) Division of the Airborne Forces at the Rayevsky training ground in Novorossiysk
View Quote


10/20/2020 10:34:11 AM EDT
[#30]
Quote History
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Originally Posted By 4xGM300m:
https://i.imgur.com/G4lE2nD.jpg


https://i.imgur.com/IVSNmR6.jpg

Tankmen of the 7th Guards Airborne Assault (Mountain) Division of the Airborne Forces at the Rayevsky training ground in Novorossiysk



I'd love to see those tanks conduct an airborne assault.
I got my degree in English at UOP. - gene5
OMG Aimless please, please, please do me do me do me do me do me! - Bob_Steele
F*ck you, I'm Millwall!
10/20/2020 11:06:33 AM EDT
[#31]
Quote History

Our version:


FreeKyle!
https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/The-offical-Kyle-Rittenhouse-thread-fund-raiser-link-in-OP-/5-2362752/
10/20/2020 11:16:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Maccrage][Edited] [#32]
Quote History

Let's take the same engine as our medium tanks and stick it in a super heavy! Brilliant!

ETA: outer tracks removed for rail transport. It would tow them like a trailer.
I got my degree in English at UOP. - gene5
OMG Aimless please, please, please do me do me do me do me do me! - Bob_Steele
F*ck you, I'm Millwall!
10/20/2020 11:28:36 AM EDT
[#33]
Quote History
Originally Posted By 4xGM300m:
https://i.imgur.com/YJQCnzX.png

Mi-8AMTSh-VN

https://i.imgur.com/cE053fB.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/d7EtrHj.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/XAkVg1U.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/RXamAOw.jpg

Nerpa anti-diver UUV, from Talisman Design Bureau

https://i.imgur.com/lCjsHd4.jpg

Ilyushin Il-20M ELectronic signals INTelligence ELINT

https://i.imgur.com/NbaDXgE.jpg

A Kamov Ka-27PS search and rescue helicopter being loaded into the hangar of Udaloy-class destroyer Admiral Panteleyev during SAREX 2019
View Quote


How about that 5-barreled handgun in the 4th pic?
10/20/2020 11:31:48 AM EDT
[#34]
Quote History
Originally Posted By slicknick:


How about that 5-barreled handgun in the 4th pic?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Originally Posted By slicknick:
Originally Posted By 4xGM300m:
https://i.imgur.com/YJQCnzX.png

Mi-8AMTSh-VN

https://i.imgur.com/cE053fB.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/d7EtrHj.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/XAkVg1U.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/RXamAOw.jpg

Nerpa anti-diver UUV, from Talisman Design Bureau

https://i.imgur.com/lCjsHd4.jpg

Ilyushin Il-20M ELectronic signals INTelligence ELINT

https://i.imgur.com/NbaDXgE.jpg

A Kamov Ka-27PS search and rescue helicopter being loaded into the hangar of Udaloy-class destroyer Admiral Panteleyev during SAREX 2019


How about that 5-barreled handgun in the 4th pic?

SPP-1 underwater pistol.
I got my degree in English at UOP. - gene5
OMG Aimless please, please, please do me do me do me do me do me! - Bob_Steele
F*ck you, I'm Millwall!
10/20/2020 12:21:37 PM EDT
[#35]
Quote History
Originally Posted By Maccrage:

SPP-1 underwater pistol.
View Quote



Yes, and if I recall correctly from the article and photos many years ago in SOF, it's 4 barrels, the center is just the cavity where the tubes are connected, left hollow to reduce weight.
"I assure you, Mr. Mowry, that I am quite serious when I ask you to oblige by walking bow-legged."
10/20/2020 12:25:57 PM EDT
[#36]
Quote History
Originally Posted By kozaki:



Yes, and if I recall correctly from the article and photos many years ago in SOF, it's 4 barrels, the center is just the cavity where the tubes are connected, left hollow to reduce weight.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Originally Posted By kozaki:
Originally Posted By Maccrage:

SPP-1 underwater pistol.



Yes, and if I recall correctly from the article and photos many years ago in SOF, it's 4 barrels, the center is just the cavity where the tubes are connected, left hollow to reduce weight.

Yep.
I got my degree in English at UOP. - gene5
OMG Aimless please, please, please do me do me do me do me do me! - Bob_Steele
F*ck you, I'm Millwall!
10/20/2020 12:26:41 PM EDT
[#37]
Quote History
Originally Posted By 4xGM300m:
https://i.imgur.com/0ugTpK5.jpg



Hey Ivan, how low can you fly?

Da!

An-12

View Quote


Yuri- hold vodka (don’t drink this time) and watch
Not fly enough to be halal....
10/20/2020 12:42:42 PM EDT
[#38]
Quote History
Originally Posted By RolandofGilead:



I've always found it interesting. They make some of the most god awful ugly shit, then some of the most beautiful arcitecture you've ever seen...and if you're into watches, some of the Soviet and Russian watches are extremely nice looking. I guess they just go straight function over form with many things.
View Quote


I'm not sure I'd use the word ugly.   Very utilitarian with a dash of not giving a fuck.  
Originally Posted By Rex_Allen:
I’ve ate strawberry ice cream from my wife’s ass.
10/20/2020 12:45:04 PM EDT
[#39]
Quote History
Originally Posted By MshakeMO:


I'm not sure I'd use the word ugly.   Very utilitarian with a dash of not giving a fuck.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Originally Posted By MshakeMO:
Originally Posted By RolandofGilead:



I've always found it interesting. They make some of the most god awful ugly shit, then some of the most beautiful arcitecture you've ever seen...and if you're into watches, some of the Soviet and Russian watches are extremely nice looking. I guess they just go straight function over form with many things.


I'm not sure I'd use the word ugly.   Very utilitarian with a dash of not giving a fuck.  



That's fair....maybe more than a dash of not giving a fuck tho
So great a loss can we still be redeemed? When we have failed to sow our father's seeds. For hill and wood, for oak and ash and thorn- for ways of life now gone forever more.
10/20/2020 3:33:03 PM EDT
[#40]
Quote History
Originally Posted By Maccrage:

Let's take the same engine as our medium tanks and stick it in a super heavy! Brilliant!

ETA: outer tracks removed for rail transport. It would tow them like a trailer.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/145185/19bd7207a67de6821d3c74035e6914af-1645211.jpg
View Quote


Pretty sure I saw that at the Armor museum (Ft. Knox) in 2005.

It was neat
Panem et Circenses
10/20/2020 4:37:32 PM EDT
[#41]
Quote History
Originally Posted By Maccrage:

Let's take the same engine as our medium tanks and stick it in a super heavy! Brilliant!

ETA: outer tracks removed for rail transport. It would tow them like a trailer.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/145185/19bd7207a67de6821d3c74035e6914af-1645211.jpg
View Quote


THX! I never realized this!

10/21/2020 3:42:42 PM EDT
[#42]


FSB Special Purpose Center officers with an Italian ADC Custom Competition 3Gun + Schmidt & Bender 1-8x24 PM II ShortDot CC scope, PMAGs, Glock sidearm, 5.45 Design Spartanets-3 helmet, Peltor ComTac, EOTech G33 + red dot sight
View Quote
10/21/2020 3:44:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4xGM300m][Edited] [#43]


545design.ru

10/22/2020 5:51:26 AM EDT
[#44]


Tu-22M3 and Kh-32, supersonic air-launched cruise missile that has a range of 600 to 1000km.



A Kh-47M2 Kinzhal ALBM being carried by a Mikoyan MiG-31K interceptor. 2018 Moscow Victory Day Parade.

It has a claimed range of more than 2,000 km (1,200 mi), Mach 10 speed, and an ability to perform evasive maneuvers at every stage of its flight.
View Quote


10/23/2020 10:57:51 AM EDT
[#46]
Quote History
Originally Posted By Finslayer83:


Pretty sure I saw that at the Armor museum (Ft. Knox) in 2005.

It was neat
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Originally Posted By Finslayer83:
Originally Posted By Maccrage:

Let's take the same engine as our medium tanks and stick it in a super heavy! Brilliant!

ETA: outer tracks removed for rail transport. It would tow them like a trailer.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/145185/19bd7207a67de6821d3c74035e6914af-1645211.jpg


Pretty sure I saw that at the Armor museum (Ft. Knox) in 2005.

It was neat

It was at Ft. Knox until 2010-2011 when they moved most of the tanks from FTK to Ft. Benning along with the Amour School.  I don't know if Ft. Benning ever opened their Tank Museum or not.  It's been 9 years FFS.
FreeKyle!
https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/The-offical-Kyle-Rittenhouse-thread-fund-raiser-link-in-OP-/5-2362752/
10/23/2020 11:03:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Maccrage][Edited] [#47]
Quote History
Originally Posted By Merlin:

It was at Ft. Knox until 2010-2011 when they moved most of the tanks from FTK to Ft. Benning along with the Amour School.  I don't know if Ft. Benning ever opened their Tank Museum or not.  It's been 9 years FFS.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Originally Posted By Merlin:
Originally Posted By Finslayer83:
Originally Posted By Maccrage:

Let's take the same engine as our medium tanks and stick it in a super heavy! Brilliant!

ETA: outer tracks removed for rail transport. It would tow them like a trailer.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/145185/19bd7207a67de6821d3c74035e6914af-1645211.jpg


Pretty sure I saw that at the Armor museum (Ft. Knox) in 2005.

It was neat

It was at Ft. Knox until 2010-2011 when they moved most of the tanks from FTK to Ft. Benning along with the Amour School.  I don't know if Ft. Benning ever opened their Tank Museum or not.  It's been 9 years FFS.

They're saying 2025.

https://history.army.mil/museums/TRADOC/fortBenning_natArmor/index.html

The U.S. Army Armor & Cavalry Collection is raising funds to build the National Armor and Cavalry Museum. We want to create a world-class museum to honor all our mounted warriors--past, present, & future--and their families. The site is on land adjacent to the National Infantry Museum and Soldier Center. When completed, this site will be the U.S. Army's largest museum complex. We are projecting a 2025 opening.

In the interim, part of the US Army Armor and Cavalry collection can be seen at Pattons' Park which displays nine armored vehicles representing WWII-Desert Storm. The vehicles on display are the M4 Sherman, M26 Pershing, M48, M60A3, M1 Abrams, M3 Bradley, M113 ACAV, M114 and the M551 Sheridan. This is an open air walking trail located just outside the Fort Benning, GA entry gate on Benning Blvd (future site of the National Armor and Cavalry Museum and adjacent to the National Infantry Museum). The main collection is housed at a restoration and storage facility and is not opened to the public. Pattons Park will also see some much needed enhancements over the next 18 months that will include improved trails, vehicle pads and spaces for additional monuments. Please consider donating to our Pattons Park and Monument Walk Project.
I got my degree in English at UOP. - gene5
OMG Aimless please, please, please do me do me do me do me do me! - Bob_Steele
F*ck you, I'm Millwall!
10/23/2020 11:05:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Tranquility][Edited] [#48]
Quote History
Originally Posted By kozaki:



Yes, and if I recall correctly from the article and photos many years ago in SOF, it's 4 barrels, the center is just the cavity where the tubes are connected, left hollow to reduce weight.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Originally Posted By kozaki:
Originally Posted By Maccrage:

SPP-1 underwater pistol.



Yes, and if I recall correctly from the article and photos many years ago in SOF, it's 4 barrels, the center is just the cavity where the tubes are connected, left hollow to reduce weight.


Do you think one of those, or the rifle version, has ever been fired at anyone?

Attached File
10/23/2020 11:14:36 AM EDT
[#49]
Quote History
Originally Posted By Maccrage:
Damn, shot in the '80s, looks like the '50s.
View Quote



Bleeding Edge Socialist Cinematography...
LIFE'S JOURNEY IS NOT TO ARRIVE AT THE GRAVE SAFELY IN A WELL PRESERVED BODY,
BUT RATHER TO SKID IN SIDEWAYS, TOTALLY WORN OUT SHOUTING "HOLY $H!T...WHAT A RIDE"!!
10/23/2020 11:16:21 AM EDT
[#50]
Quote History
Originally Posted By Maccrage:

They're saying 2025.

https://history.army.mil/museums/TRADOC/fortBenning_natArmor/index.html

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Originally Posted By Maccrage:
Originally Posted By Merlin:
Originally Posted By Finslayer83:
Originally Posted By Maccrage:

Let's take the same engine as our medium tanks and stick it in a super heavy! Brilliant!

ETA: outer tracks removed for rail transport. It would tow them like a trailer.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/145185/19bd7207a67de6821d3c74035e6914af-1645211.jpg


Pretty sure I saw that at the Armor museum (Ft. Knox) in 2005.

It was neat

It was at Ft. Knox until 2010-2011 when they moved most of the tanks from FTK to Ft. Benning along with the Amour School.  I don't know if Ft. Benning ever opened their Tank Museum or not.  It's been 9 years FFS.

They're saying 2025.

https://history.army.mil/museums/TRADOC/fortBenning_natArmor/index.html

The U.S. Army Armor & Cavalry Collection is raising funds to build the National Armor and Cavalry Museum. We want to create a world-class museum to honor all our mounted warriors--past, present, & future--and their families. The site is on land adjacent to the National Infantry Museum and Soldier Center. When completed, this site will be the U.S. Army's largest museum complex. We are projecting a 2025 opening.

In the interim, part of the US Army Armor and Cavalry collection can be seen at Pattons' Park which displays nine armored vehicles representing WWII-Desert Storm. The vehicles on display are the M4 Sherman, M26 Pershing, M48, M60A3, M1 Abrams, M3 Bradley, M113 ACAV, M114 and the M551 Sheridan. This is an open air walking trail located just outside the Fort Benning, GA entry gate on Benning Blvd (future site of the National Armor and Cavalry Museum and adjacent to the National Infantry Museum). The main collection is housed at a restoration and storage facility and is not opened to the public. Pattons Park will also see some much needed enhancements over the next 18 months that will include improved trails, vehicle pads and spaces for additional monuments. Please consider donating to our Pattons Park and Monument Walk Project.



They're actually moving the T28 into their new display building any day now.



The new building:

"I awaken each day in a mood not of happiness or confidence, but in one of barely-concealed irritation and foreboding at what foolishness, knavery and hokum I’m about to see in the world about me." - KDT

Sign up to continue the discussion

Create a free account to share your thoughts, follow topics, and connect with the AR15.COM community.

Already a member? Sign In

Previous Page
/ 95
Next Page

Interesting Ruski stuff (Page 12 of 95)