Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/19/2021 1:37:15 PM EDT
What is your investment mix for high inflation?

Gold/silver/plat ETFs for starters.....

Dump realestate if interest rates take off....

Yours?
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 2:00:17 PM EDT
[#1]
In b 4 bitcoin bros.

Seriously though not sure I'd dump real estate just because interest rates went up,  I'm also of the mind they won't ever go up again beyond 2 pts.

Personally I am mostly hedging inflation in home prices and rent because I am between homes.  I have some REITS to hedge the rental side, some home builder funds for the purchase side and some general commodity for the overall.

If you don't think rates will ever go up some Ibonds might not be totally stupid either and for deflation I still have some spending cash.

Also have stocks. I feel gold could be undervalued too and if crypto pops I see gold skyrocketing if inflation is going.

However nobody knows where the world is going and what can change the trajectory. We could just as easily hit a major deflation patch as soon as the stimmie bucks stop and all those bums have to pay their mortgages again.

Physical real estate would have been my preferred vehicle before the prices ran into crazy town but I did not forsee that. I did get a great return on buying mid / small cap dip but right now I wish I had a lot more RE but I also think it's a fools game at this point to try to get in.

For the average guy without a big portfolio I'd say refi your home on a 30 year and never pay it off if possible .
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 2:40:51 PM EDT
[#2]
I’m all in on physical silver, yeah it can take up space and you can be robbed but historically it’s a awesome metal and keeps getting better.

Silver ETFs are a scam and has the potential of collapsing.
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 2:50:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I’m all in on physical silver, yeah it can take up space and you can be robbed but historically it’s a awesome metal and keeps getting better.

View Quote

Physical metal is very limiting.  I'm not saying it's bad,  but.... like you said it can be stolen very easily and it's heavy.
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 2:54:36 PM EDT
[#4]
diverse. Most of my real stuff is in ETFs and mutual funds that match historically good companies and get adjusted, so companies that rise during this time will make up more of the % of holdings.
Real estate, primary and REITs.
Some Stonks/crypto but that's more seen as a gamble than hedge
some physical metals cause I thought they were cool
made major purchases recently (cars/appliances/home renovations) so not locked into buying at higher prices
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 10:56:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Lets game this a little.

What's the best move if

1) Serious inflation hits and nothing else changes.

2)Serious inflation hits and interest rates are raised.

3)Serious inflation hits and the govt decides to take money with taxes.

And I'm trying to figure out what is my best move day to day. Gas prices, food prices, etc.
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 11:21:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Cases of liquor.

JK.

We've been using ETH. Worked out very well for us since Jan.
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 11:45:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Anything I can lock in, like mortgages or leases, I’m trying to get long term at lower rates. Of course leases will expire and then I’ll be in for sticker shock next term and I’ll have to prepare.

The purchasing and financing assets at lower rates might also be an option.

Some staple items might require bulk purchases today.

I’m investigating bonds. Trying to decide if purchasing some at a discount might be something to look at. Right now with stocks going crazy, higher interest rates may make bonds more attractive. It may bump up the price of any discount bond I have. Of course it will lower yield but that’s ok since my payouts are locked.
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 2:01:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

The Sprott ETFs are 100% physically backed. They don't take deposit receipts.

PSLV is what you want if you don't want to deal with physical or pay the current insane premiums.
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 7:03:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Olin
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top