Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 11:22:49 AM EDT
[#1]
I can see teats in the dark....?  tell me more.   I'm in the market for entry level night vision as well.
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 11:33:24 AM EDT
[#2]
My hunger.  Can only be satisfied through more inexpensive NV info
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 11:34:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

It would be funny, if things actually go to shit and there's a bunch of people with IR illum devices showing everybody else with the same stuff, where they are.
View Quote

Theoretically, if one were using relatively cheap digital NV that needs IR to work best, and were up against some other users of similar cheap digital NV, if you were first to turn off your own IR, would you still have an advantage seeing the still-active IR of the others?

In Minecraft, of course.
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 11:48:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Theoretically, if one were using relatively cheap digital NV that needs IR to work best, and were up against some other users of similar cheap digital NV, if you were first to turn off your own IR, would you still have an advantage seeing the still-active IR of the others?

In Minecraft, of course.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It would be funny, if things actually go to shit and there's a bunch of people with IR illum devices showing everybody else with the same stuff, where they are.

In Minecraft, of course.

It would look like they were shining a flashlight around.
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 11:54:41 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm semi interested.   I already have a cheap mono that my son would LOVE.  Got if for like $120.
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 12:05:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Range finder?
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 12:07:28 PM EDT
[#7]
If things go bad, and it looks like they are, it seems like even the cheap stuff would be a huge step up over nothing.
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 12:12:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

In Minecraft, of course.
View Quote

Yeah and lots of outdoor security cameras have constant IR. Looks like a damn spot of daylight. Sticks out like nipples in a wet white shirt
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 12:20:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
If things go bad, and it looks like they are, it seems like even the cheap stuff would be a huge step up over nothing.
View Quote

Most people are Kyle Rittenhouse.

Maybe in GD the operator competition is tight but out in the real world half the gun owners own a basic sling and red dot and nothing more.

To deck out a person with less than $1000 in equipment would be a great idea going forward.
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 12:32:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

I am far from an expert on NV or fighting day or night.

I know just enough to know that having the stuff is a small part of the equation. Getting out and practicing with it is a big deal. Otherwise you're a fumbling, bumbling, goofball, stumbling around in the dark with some gadgets and guns.

Competent training, then practice/experience. I'm still learning shit I didn't know that I didn't know.
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 12:50:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I just got this exact unit under another brand for $130.  Checkout out 704 Tactical on YT, he did a review and may still have a discount code.
View Quote

Found the video. For the price, I think it's worth the gamble on them.  Thanks
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 1:13:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Someone with cheap digital night vision who practices ir discipline can upgrade from the person with expensive nv who doesn't. If you have patience, you can see others without being seen.
scope
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 1:17:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

@Underscore20

Link?

Is it the 1x, 75 yd one?

Really like 200-300 yds, predator calling

Thx
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 1:37:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I just got this exact unit under another brand for $130.  Checkout out 704 Tactical on YT, he did a review and may still have a discount code.

Link please?
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 1:39:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I’ve got one of the SiOnyx...tagged for interest.
View Quote

Heh!
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 1:55:40 PM EDT
[#16]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I’ve got one of the SiOnyx...tagged for interest.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/14562/20200318_213241-1322358.jpg

Heh!

Opinions?

Durability?
Usability?
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 7:52:17 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I just wanted to share some info that may be useful.  My wife got me some night vision bino's for Christmas and I have been really impressed with them.  They are from Creative XP, called the Glass Owl Pro.
Look them up, they have good ratings, almost 800 5 star reviews.  I thought they were going to be some cheesy gimmick but wow, these things work great and can be had for $299.
I have used them around my farm and watched cows and coyotes walking thru the pasture at almost 400 yards.  At 200 yards I watched pigs eating the hay right along with the cows.  The clarity was surprising, I could see them clear enough that I saw the spots on the pigs and saw that one sow had big full teats hanging down.
They are certainly worth their price IMO and cheap enough to buy as an extra set if you already have night vision.

https://creative-xp.com/products/creativexp-digital-night-vision-binoculars-for-100-darkness-save-photos-videos-with-audio

https://blog.dealoutdoors.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/CreativeXP-Glass-Owl.jpg

YouTube review showing it in action

View Quote

You think they could be helmet mounted to go hands free
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 8:07:58 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Link please?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link please?

For the poors....two affordable new digital NV tech options:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DYLU4kp6n4M
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 10:03:34 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I quoted it for you so you can see it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

In the videos posted they are filming in the country in a dark ass area...or indoors with no light

Quoted:

Um its digital i needs lots of IR

no one is saying it doesn't.

I quoted it for you so you can see it.

If you cant figure it out when we say no light we are talking about regular day to day light not IR light which is normally not being described when we talk about turning on the lights....
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 11:21:24 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Someone with cheap digital night vision who practices ir discipline can upgrade from the person with expensive nv who doesn't. If you have patience, you can see others without being seen.
scope
View Quote

@lorazepam
Do you have any experience with that scope?  I have wondered how good it is.
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 11:31:50 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link please?

$253 for a cheap bump helmet, mount, mount hardware and night vision....

I might fo
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 11:37:29 PM EDT
[#22]
I have an ATN X-sight. There seems to be a lot of hate for it here but it works pretty well. The Sightmark as the same features, but is lighter. They work well for what they are, a scope that allows you to hunt at night or day.
They really are the future, but not there yet.
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 11:38:53 PM EDT
[#23]
Ill just get a pair of PVS-7 if my stocks pan out well.
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 11:59:24 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

I have a pvs-14 I use at work....

need something at the house...
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 12:15:59 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I have an ATN X-sight. There seems to be a lot of hate for it here but it works pretty well. The Sightmark as the same features, but is lighter. They work well for what they are, a scope that allows you to hunt at night or day.
They really are the future, but not there yet.
View Quote

Same here.  I like the X-sight I have.  

I also have a ruskie NV weapon sight that is surprisingly good.  Pawn shop find... 20 bucks.  
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 12:16:36 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I like the PVS 7's with a good tube.  

Link Posted: 1/10/2021 2:18:28 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I just wanted to share some info that may be useful.  My wife got me some night vision bino's for Christmas and I have been really impressed with them.  They are from Creative XP, called the Glass Owl Pro.
Look them up, they have good ratings, almost 800 5 star reviews.  I thought they were going to be some cheesy gimmick but wow, these things work great and can be had for $299.
I have used them around my farm and watched cows and coyotes walking thru the pasture at almost 400 yards.  At 200 yards I watched pigs eating the hay right along with the cows.  The clarity was surprising, I could see them clear enough that I saw the spots on the pigs and saw that one sow had big full teats hanging down.
They are certainly worth their price IMO and cheap enough to buy as an extra set if you already have night vision.

https://creative-xp.com/products/creativexp-digital-night-vision-binoculars-for-100-darkness-save-photos-videos-with-audio

https://blog.dealoutdoors.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/CreativeXP-Glass-Owl.jpg

YouTube review showing it in action

if someone could make an adapter to attach to the tripod attachment point on the bottom, they probably could
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 3:20:18 PM EDT
[#28]
Can any of these helmet mounted units be used while wearing glasses?
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 3:29:15 PM EDT
[#29]

Link Posted: 1/10/2021 10:40:53 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

if someone could make an adapter to attach to the tripod attachment point on the bottom, they probably could
View Quote

Good Idea!
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 10:43:43 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
scope
View Quote

This looks like a decent purchase.  Does anyone have any firsthand experience they can share?
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 2:12:24 PM EDT
[#32]
Can you use them to look through a window or must they be used outside?
I have IR lights all around my house so can I just look through the glass with these and see?
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 3:19:29 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I have IR lights all around my house so can I just look through the glass with these and see?
View Quote

night vision will look through glass (but you can see some reflections). Thermal will 100% be stopped by glass
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 5:18:47 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

night vision will look through glass (but you can see some reflections). Thermal will 100% be stopped by glass
View Quote
Thanks.  Thermal is what I was thinking of.  GD always has the answer.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 5:24:33 PM EDT
[#35]
Bit off topic but what about a quadcopter equipped with a thermal camera? Would be very useful for hunting in minecraft right?

Link Posted: 1/11/2021 5:45:08 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Can any of these helmet mounted units be used while wearing glasses?
View Quote

I can't see shit without reading glasses up close but was able to focus both NV and thermal so I could see.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 4:42:59 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Unless that glass is a mirror and reflecting the image off of it. Thermal can see reflections in a mirror.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 12:10:18 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I might fo
View Quote
I just did.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 9:53:52 AM EDT
[#39]
I fo'ed on the Glass Owl Pro. Should be here today.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 12:14:54 AM EDT
[#40]
I have the nightfox 110R cost me about $140.00  Works pretty good for what it is. Comes with the GoPro type mount on top and a tripod mount on the bottom. It has 7X magnification + up to 2 times digital zoom. With the 7x mag it isnt really good for walking around though
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 9:15:18 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I have the nightfox 110R cost me about $140.00  Works pretty good for what it is. Comes with the GoPro type mount on top and a tripod mount on the bottom. It has 7X magnification + up to 2 times digital zoom. With the 7x mag it isnt really good for walking around though
View Quote

That's my only complaint with the Glass Owl.  You can alternate between about 3x and 7x.  Neither is really great for walking around, but they're binoculars, not goggles.

I got it yesterday and took it out for a bit. It worked incredibly well outside.  I get it that there are better options for a lot more money, but I'm very pleased with my purchase.  I was able to clearly see things like a shed and a boat that I couldn't even see the outline of with the naked eye.  Very nice.  Hopefully my days of wandering in circles trying to find my deer stand are over.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 9:18:31 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

That's my only complaint with the Glass Owl.  You can alternate between about 3x and 7x.  Neither is really great for walking around, but they're binoculars, not goggles.

I got it yesterday and took it out for a bit. It worked incredibly well outside.  I get it that there are better options for a lot more money, but I'm very pleased with my purchase.  I was able to clearly see things like a shed and a boat that I couldn't even see the outline of with the naked eye.  Very nice.  Hopefully my days of wandering in circles trying to find my deer stand are over.
View Quote

NightFox Cape or Swift is way better and with way better customer support. The company replies on Youtube comments on 704tactical usually when he reviews them.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 9:23:23 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Bit off topic but what about a quadcopter equipped with a thermal camera? Would be very useful for hunting in minecraft right?

https://www.wideopenspaces.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/Stalk-Final-630x339.jpg
View Quote

this is what I am thinking.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 9:26:41 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

this is what I am thinking.
View Quote

Will have to dish out 5k or more for a DJI with a FLIR or like 2k for a shittier drone. Will be useful for recon in minecraft though for findings creepers and zombies.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 9:27:32 AM EDT
[#45]
Guys these use a solid state camera detector with the infrared filter removed.  In essence a less well made variant of the Bushnell Equinox series.  

You are much, much better off buying a Sionyx sport, Black, Aurora or if you want to stretch out a bit a Pro.  All of these can operate at 1x - essential if you want to walk around looking through them.  The Black, Aurora and Pro are 5.56 rated.  The Aurora and Pro have additional features such as built in GPS.  The Pro can operate passively at much lower light than the Sport, Black and Aurora.  

The above is an example of the Pro in use without any form of illuminator and on a no moon night - the images on the right are from a Gen2+ device taken at the same time.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 9:48:12 AM EDT
[#46]
I got the same set for Christmas from my girlfriend OP.
I am also in SWOK.
I need to confirm that my gf is not your wife.

They do work well for what they are.
My gf and your wife did good.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 10:43:56 AM EDT
[#47]
About 10 years ago, my wife and I bought my son one of the SpyNet night vision binoculars for his birthday.  I think they were $40-ish.

I figured they would be junk, but they were honest to goodness IR digital night vision.  Using the built in IR illuminator, I could easily see everything in my backyard with no other illumination.  I bought an IR filter for a Streamlight Scorpion (incandescent, not LED) and with that light also throwing more illumination, I could see into the neighbors back yard easily.  Yes, its a toy, but it works.  You can see in the dark with it.

Yes, I'm a poor.  I'm not an afrcom millionaire.  I drive a 17 year old Honda, my wife isn't a supermodel and work for a living.  There's no way I can afford PVS-14 or even PVS-7 NV.  I might be able to swing $200, but I would have to save for it.  Until I can do that, this junky kids toy is going to have to do.

Switching gears slightly, video security systems with IR illuminators are exponentially growing in my neighborhood.  More and more of my neighbors are getting systems and cameras every day.  Looking through the toy NV binos, you can see the IR illuminators on many of the houses on my street.  So what I'm saying is that someone with IR night vision, looking at one area and not swinging the IR back and forth has a good chance of blending into the IR background "noise."
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 11:00:33 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 11:38:24 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I might fo
View Quote

Where are you seeing that combo deal?
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 2:31:16 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I just did.
View Quote

Where did you see that combo deal?
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top