Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/3/2023 7:12:15 PM EDT
I'm having some issues here with the jewels getting smashed at a couple points in the stroke.  I've got a couple pairs of compression shorts, Tesla and 2XU.  I'm thinking a bit more support is needed.  

Any recommendations for compression shorts or should I just stick with the 2XU.  It's been a while since I've bought these so I don't know what's good anymore.
Link Posted: 10/3/2023 7:19:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Sit more forward on the seat? Do you have a good cushion? I bought a gel filled one years ago that has worked well.
Link Posted: 10/3/2023 7:59:28 PM EDT
[#2]
long time rower here. basically get used to it
Link Posted: 10/5/2023 8:30:47 AM EDT
[#3]
I did pick up one of the gel cushions mentioned in another thread here.  I like it.  I feel like I've been pretty far forward on the seat.  I'll pay more attention to exactly where I am today.  

Or I'll just get used to it.  

Link Posted: 10/5/2023 5:49:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Wear a jock
Link Posted: 10/5/2023 8:53:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Your seat is on backwards.  

(Note, this depends on the particular brand or rower...)
Link Posted: 10/15/2023 2:09:10 PM EDT
[#6]
I think I've got this figured out.  

I was initially rowing with some boxer-briefs.  Those were awful.   I went rummaging through my drawers and found an old pair of Blue Seventy swim shorts (I call them my Ken doll shorts because they get everything smashed down pretty tight  ).  Those eliminated my problem.  

I also tried old pairs of bike shorts and tri shorts and those worked quite well.  I think I'd just wore out the shorts I was wearing.  

If you mash your balls around and want to stop that from happening, get some good compression shorts.  

I figured i Would share since I can't be the only one that's ever had this problem and I doubt I'll be the last.
Link Posted: 10/17/2023 5:31:11 PM EDT
[#7]
I just put my legs together close before sitting down and do a reach to pull the boys up. At least on a C2 my legs stay close enough together that balls stay up out of harm's way. Sometimes if I'm doing a HI circuit or something I'll forget, and then they get smashed, so I stop and adjust, then keep going.

Benefits of having a home gym :) Might get you arrested in a public one though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top