Page / 2
Posted: 2/23/2021 10:04:24 AM EDT
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 10:06:55 AM EDT
[#1]
A step in the right direction

Having to have a permit is gay
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 10:10:20 AM EDT
[#2]
I totally read that wrong.  I thought eliminated meant “won’t allow you to obtain one anymore”.  Now what do I do with my outrage?
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 10:10:23 AM EDT
[#3]
I had an option to transfer to Indiana too.

Good on you guys!
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 10:15:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
The Indiana House voted Monday to eliminate the license to carry a handgun in the state -- an apparent victory, at least temporary, for supporters of Second Amendment gun rights.

House Bill 1369, which passed the House by a 65-31 vote and now heads to the Senate, repeals a law that requires a person to obtain a license to carry a handgun in Indiana, according to the Indianapolis Star

It allows for any person who is lawfully able to carry and possess a firearm to do so without a government-issued permit or license, reports said. The bill specified that certain offenders still could be prohibited from carrying handguns.

Police, however, argued that eliminating screening processes would put more guns on the streets, making communities less safe.

"I think we are all very strong supporters of the second amendment," said Lafayette Police Chief Patrick Flannelly with the Indiana Association of Chiefs of Police. "By repealing processes like this that are good screening mechanisms, we are going to put more guns out on the street, and there are going to be people that should not be carrying them will be carrying them."

Currently, to apply for a new Indiana license to carry a handgun, you have to be 18 or older, register online, schedule an appointment to have your fingerprints taken, and complete local law enforcement agency processing within 180 days.

Out of the more than 120,000 handgun license applicants in 2020, nearly 4% were denied, according to state data. Flannelly said his department denied 55 people from getting carry permits last year based on their background check.

"We are going to remove a tool from our law enforcement officers to help make communities safer and actually help keep our police officers safer," he told the station.

The licenses raise $5.3 million per year to train local law enforcement officers, and taxpayers will be forced to partially pick up the bill, the paper reported.

Critics also argue that it won't be easy for police to check if someone is allowed to carry a firearm. or check on those who try to carry when they aren't supposed to, according to the Indianapolis Star.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/indiana-house-votes-to-repeal-need-for-gun-permits

I really wish they would just come out and say, 1) permit systems allows us to easier bust gang members we catch carrying guns when we don't have any other charges, 2) that sweet permit money is used for funding our pet projects.
View Quote

That bolded part....
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 10:16:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 10:19:18 AM EDT
[#6]
My only gripe is how this would impact reciprocity for those traveling without an LTCH.  But that probably won't impact those of us with a lifetime LTCH.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 10:20:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My only gripe is how this would impact reciprocity for those traveling without an LTCH.  But that probably won't impact those of us with a lifetime LTCH.
View Quote

You can still get a permit for that reason if this bill passes
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 10:20:13 AM EDT
[#8]
About time, and we'll see if it gets past the next step.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 10:20:58 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well then... awesome-sauce!
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 10:23:24 AM EDT
[#10]
This needs to be every state. Had our chance a few years ago when we controlled everything...

How nice it would be to carry wherever, whenever
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 10:24:57 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So their headline and wording in the article is bullshit. The license wasn't eliminated, the requirement of a license to carry concealed was removed.  
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 10:25:19 AM EDT
[#12]
Now only if gov hot wheels would get this done Texas.  I do wonder what the implications will be for background checks with valid CHL?
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 10:26:26 AM EDT
[#13]

Why do Indiana police hate freedom?

Link Posted: 2/23/2021 10:26:35 AM EDT
[#14]
South Carolina votes today for open carry. Open carry is dumb but *fingers crossed*.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 10:27:56 AM EDT
[#15]
The Senate split is 39R/11D. No reason this shouldn't pass.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 10:29:46 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

So their headline and wording in the article is bullshit. The license wasn't eliminated, the requirement of a license to carry concealed was removed.  
View Quote

That would be more correct yes

They also eliminated the cost associated with the shorter term permits already. The only permit that costs money is the 'lifetime' permit. Then again I guess if youre going to get a pistol permit why wouldnt you get a lifetime to begin with.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 10:31:08 AM EDT
[#17]
Police, however, argued that eliminating screening processes would put more guns on the streets, making communities less safe.
View Quote

They trot out the same old talking points every single time and they end up not only not being true, but often times the opposite happens.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 10:32:25 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
This needs to be every state. Had our chance a few years ago when we controlled everything...

View Quote

Good ol' Lyin' Ryan.

Fucking shitstain RINO bastard.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 10:32:30 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

We could have had it here if Cuchinelli had been elected but too many low info voters believed the left’s talking points about banning blow jobs.

Now VA is going to opposite direction.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 10:35:46 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
The Senate split is 39R/11D. No reason this shouldn't pass.
View Quote

How many of these state senators aspire to be like Mittens "Rimjob" Romney or Mcshitstain?
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 10:36:03 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 10:38:03 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 10:38:51 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 10:39:18 AM EDT
[#24]
There will be BLOOD in the streets!®
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 10:42:58 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
A step in the right direction

Having to have a permit is gay
View Quote

Yup. Hopefully one day, my state will de-FUDD itself enough to get constitutional carry passed.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 10:48:51 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 10:49:42 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 10:59:21 AM EDT
[#28]
Indiana license fees have been cut several times over the past few years, 5 year carry is free and you can get a lifetime carry license for cheap.  There can't really be that much income from them.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 2/23/2021 10:59:55 AM EDT
[#29]
I don't care about "communities being less safe," I only care about me and mine. So I carry a gun.

Total bullshit talking point.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 11:02:12 AM EDT
[#30]
...   "I think we are all very strong supporters of the second amendment," said Lafayette Police Chief Patrick Flannelly with the Indiana Association of Chiefs of Police. "By repealing processes like this that are good screening mechanisms, we are going to put more guns out on the street, and there are going to be people that should not be carrying them will be carrying them."   ...
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/23/2021 11:11:00 AM EDT
[#31]
LOL Permits
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 11:16:43 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Why do American police hate freedom?

View Quote

Fixed it for ya.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 11:19:06 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup.  A CCL is still a good idea to get too.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 11:57:44 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I totally read that wrong.  I thought eliminated meant “won’t allow you to obtain one anymore”.  Now what do I do with my outrage?
View Quote

Me too!

I was already re-routing my travel plans!
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 11:59:33 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This, and the 5 year permit is free to obtain
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 12:03:46 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

This quote caught my attention.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 12:04:01 PM EDT
[#37]
Good. It’s coming up for a vote here soon as well but I suspect the city dweller votes will undermine it. That’s racist of course but they won’t admit it.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 12:05:53 PM EDT
[#38]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
...   "I think we are all very strong supporters of the second amendment," said Lafayette Police Chief Patrick Flannelly with the Indiana Association of Chiefs of Police. "By repealing processes like this that are good screening mechanisms, we are going to put more guns out on the street, and there are going to be people that should not be carrying them will be carrying them."   ...

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/bubbles_zps5bf5952f_GIF-110.gif...

And who are those people to this guy?

I say let every legal person go armed all day long. I do like that  training was part of the permit process here but shall not be infringed.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 12:09:14 PM EDT
[#39]
Good job IN!

MI you're slacking.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 12:10:43 PM EDT
[#40]
Lived in IN for a few years.  Had a permit there too.  They requires zero training, just submit you paperwork and pay the fee.  Also had a lifetime permit option.

I think this is why IN had a low reciprocity rate with other states.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 12:10:55 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

"I think we are all very strong supporters of the second amendment," said Lafayette Police Chief Patrick Flannelly with the Indiana Association of Chiefs of Police. "By repealing processes like this that are good screening mechanisms, we are going to put more guns out on the street, and there are going to be people that should not be carrying them will be carrying them."

View Quote

OH NOES!!!!!!! BLOOD WILL RUN LIKE A RIVER IN THE STREETS!!!!!   IT"S GOING TO BECOME THE WILD WEST!!!!

not this crap again.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 12:11:22 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

You can still get a LTC for this purpose.

It didnt do away with it.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 12:11:50 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Lived in IN for a few years.  Had a permit there too.  They requires zero training, just submit you paperwork and pay the fee.  Also had a lifetime permit option.

I think this is why IN had a low reciprocity rate with other states.
View Quote

This is true

My KY permit reached much further
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 12:13:08 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Why do Indiana police hate freedom?

View Quote

They probably had to shop around to find a douche like that in Indiana.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 12:13:37 PM EDT
[#45]
KY did the same a few years ago. I keep mine up to date just to make purchasing easier/quicker.

No blood in the streets yet.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 12:19:25 PM EDT
[#46]
I'm moving to Indiana in a couple months and was worried about going through the process of getting a permit all over again so this is good news.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 12:19:56 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I'm moving to Indiana in a couple months and was worried about going through the process of getting a permit all over again so this is good news.
View Quote

If passed wont go into effect until 3/2022
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 12:20:03 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Indiana license fees have been cut several times over the past few years, 5 year carry is free and you can get a lifetime carry license for cheap.  There can't really be that much income from them.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/172926/Untitled_png-1837911.JPG
View Quote

They have been refusing to process them lately because of 'covid'.....
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 12:20:37 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

If you want those benefits you can still apply for or keep a LTCH.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 12:20:45 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
KY did the same a few years ago. I keep mine up to date just to make purchasing easier/quicker.

No blood in the streets yet.
View Quote

The three Safest States in the U.S. all are constitutional carry.  ME, VT, NH

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2020/01/13/most-dangerous-states-in-america-violent-crime-murder-rate/40968963/

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top