Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 5:51:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Magazine and holster interchangeability with the larger glocks were the determining factors and won the day for me.
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 5:51:30 PM EDT
[#2]
CZ sure seems to like the glock 26. They should offer a P365 style pistol, but instead they had another go at chopping the P10c.
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 5:53:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Double tap
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 6:15:50 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm going to give my HK P30SK or P2000 a go for a bit. Currently carrying a G43 with magguts +2 and a G43x. Occasionally I'll carry a G19 with RMR and TLR1
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 6:22:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Anybody here keep drifting back to, or never leaving the G26?
View Quote

The G26 (mine or anybody's I've ever shot or borrowed) has NEVER let me down.  My G26 has been just as dead-solid reliable as my G17/19/34's.

Cannot say the same thing with regards to my G48 & Shield Arms S15/steel mag catch/+10% spring combo.

After perusing the 60 page thread on the S15 mag in the Glock forum - I believe the issue I'm having is related to two things:

1. Tolerance stacking, balanced with

2. Internet opinions being worth exactly what you pay for them

Link Posted: 2/15/2022 6:47:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I thought about it, and checked out pretty much every single stack except the Hellcat now, but don't care for them the grips are too skinny.  26 already conceals very well under a T-shirt, and taking standard Glock double stack mags is a nice bonus.  Leave a bunch of them in the car, then doesn't matter if I carry a G26 or a G19 I got spares.
View Quote
That's a big one.  I have loaded g19 and 17 mags everywhere.
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 6:49:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Carry what you like. I’m fat. I need a thinner gun or it prints like crazy.
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 6:52:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Some Cops and old people seem to still like them but there are better choices now.
View Quote

Different, not better!
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 6:55:30 PM EDT
[#9]
My G26 is my dedicated travel gun when I fly (which isn’t often).  No big loss if it gets “lost” while in flight, bc it’s no longer in my carry rotation.

RMR as since been moved to another gun.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 2/15/2022 6:58:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
glock 19 master race checking in
View Quote

Here’s your master race!
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 6:59:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
No.  Too beaucoup.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 7:01:55 PM EDT
[#12]
I can't remember the last time my G26 has been out of the safe.  Nice, reliable gun though.

43X is my daily carry with factory mags.

42 if I need something smaller, which is pretty rare.
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 7:05:04 PM EDT
[#13]
I have a P365, and really like it.
But… I carry a J-frame or G19 most of the time.
I think it’s just a comfort/number of rounds issue.
Experience and comfort are real…
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 8:08:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Those 2 rounds could prove invaluable in the rare event you needed them. If you're planning on extending what you've got, remember that you can do that with the +2 version of the gun as well. Just saying!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm still carrying my original Shield 1.0 (with Apex parts).  I'd like a Shield Plus (or a P365X) but at almost twice what I paid for my Shield for two extra rounds it's hard to justify.  I can add a mag extension or another magazine a lot cheaper- or just carry a bigger gun.

Those 2 rounds could prove invaluable in the rare event you needed them. If you're planning on extending what you've got, remember that you can do that with the +2 version of the gun as well. Just saying!

I always carry at least one spare mag and usually two, if the problem isn't solved with what I'm carrying it's probably not going to make a difference if I had four or forty more rounds... or at least that's where it falls on my risk matrix.  To really get some folk's panties in a bunch, I still carry a revolver a lot of times in the woods and when fishing/kayaking, usually a 642 and one speedloader.  And the first round is usually a CCI shotshell.

ETA- If I were buying new I'd buy one of the newer guns, but what I have works and still falls within my "acceptable" range.  I also own a G26 (and a spare G27 upper assembly), just never carry it.
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 8:16:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I owned a 26 and a 43.

I read a lot of Hellcat info before I ended up with one.
I didn’t find anything about them having any issues.
If you believe SA, they have one with like 20k rounds through it supposedly.

Personally, mine hasn’t failed and I’ve tried to get it to fail purposely… nuthin.
It’s fed all sorts of fmj, and hps including steel case and some old weird foreign 9mm a buddy had.
I’ve used all 3 capacity mags without issues.

For me, I love it.

Of course you should always carry what you’re most comfortable with.
Your gun is always better than no gun.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Any widespread problems reported with Hellcats so far?

I owned a 26 and a 43.

I read a lot of Hellcat info before I ended up with one.
I didn’t find anything about them having any issues.
If you believe SA, they have one with like 20k rounds through it supposedly.

Personally, mine hasn’t failed and I’ve tried to get it to fail purposely… nuthin.
It’s fed all sorts of fmj, and hps including steel case and some old weird foreign 9mm a buddy had.
I’ve used all 3 capacity mags without issues.

For me, I love it.

Of course you should always carry what you’re most comfortable with.
Your gun is always better than no gun.

Excellent!

I had a chance to shoot one (friendly people at the gun club), and it was definitely a nice shooter. That's one thing about this new generation of CCW pistols; they are comfortable enough to shoot all day at the range. I try that with my 642, and I'll get hand-aids. Even my G27, fun as it is, gets a bit uncomfy after a while.
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 8:20:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Some Cops and old people seem to still like them but there are better choices now.

Shhhh.........he's in sales and marketing for a Glock competitor.
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 8:26:03 PM EDT
[#17]
I tried them all. I liked the Shield Plus the best, so I picked one up. The Glock 43x wasn't bad either, except for it's smaller mag capacity and weird grip angle. Of course you can get higher capacity aftermarket mags which solve that problem. But the Shield had a nicer grip angle and factory mags are preferable to aftermarket mags. The Sig P365 was too small, as was the Hellcat. But these aren't bad options for pocket carry if you're so inclined.
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 8:26:41 PM EDT
[#18]
I am in the process of that right now. I pocket carried the G26 for quite a while, then went to the G43 because I needed to not print at all. The G43 with a TLR-6 in a slightly modified DeSantis Nemesis fit the bill.

I no longer need to not print like I used to, and with the way things are deteriorating I find myself missing the capacity of the G26. I just installed a TLR-6 on my old G26, and I am waiting on the holster.
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 8:27:35 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Any widespread problems reported with Hellcats so far?
View Quote

Only have a couple thousand through mine. Zero stoppages thus far though.

People hate SAs. But I can't fault their guns. They run very very reliably.  I have 5 of them, with over 35k rounds collectively, with zero stoppages thus far.

Then again, I'm sure Glock and Smith can do that too, along with others. So I don't think they are magical by any means.  It's just that they are another solid choice.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 9:06:27 PM EDT
[#20]
I like the P365 moderately better.  It is a little slimmer and more compact.  I like the ergos and X-ray sights better.  I like having a manual safety option.  However, my G26 is a known factor reliability wise (2 misfires in over 7500 rounds).  The juice isn’t really worth the squeeze to go out and buy new holsters, mags, etc.  The G26 will get things done just fine.
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 9:12:46 PM EDT
[#21]
G26 master race checking in. Not the fat toothless kind either.

If I go smaller it’s an LCP Max.
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 9:18:07 PM EDT
[#22]
Hell no lol, I haven't even considered bringing mine to the range since getting a P365XL, let alone carrying it.

I ought to just get rid of it.
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 9:20:30 PM EDT
[#23]
I did build this off a stripped LEO trade in G19 frame.

Attachment Attached File

Currently only used for night stand duty.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 9:21:43 PM EDT
[#24]
A 365xl fits far better in my hand than a G26, but both work.
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 9:26:45 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Anybody here keep drifting back to, or never leaving the G26?

I want to like the new high capacity small 9s, but I just can’t shoot them as good as the subcompact G26.
View Quote

Bought a 365xl shot it and sold it. Went back to my MP2.0 subcompact. I just don’t shoot tiny guns well.
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 9:29:19 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

You could be carrying 15 in the gun with Mag Guts +2. I don't know how Sig got their OEM mags so wrong when there was that much more space available.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I can shoot the p365X like an absolute laser.  It is very ergonomic and I can’t seem to miss with it.  

I can carry 13 in the gun and a spare magazine with 15.  All in a package that is hard to believe how small yet comfortable it is.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/169488/C9D2EE6A-356A-4EFB-A974-026605F09315_jpe-2280736.JPG

You could be carrying 15 in the gun with Mag Guts +2. I don't know how Sig got their OEM mags so wrong when there was that much more space available.

Thank you!

I will look into ordering mag guts.
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 9:41:55 PM EDT
[#27]
In a nutshell......like most early Glock "subcompact" offerings, it FAILS in one key area:  it is just as wide as a bigger Glock model in the same caliber.

WIDTH is a KEY parameter in concealment, more than any other dimension.  And this is where Glock failed.   This is also why the early Kahrs and Shields had Glock beat, hands down.

Now that other higher capacity subcompacts exist (Sig 365, Hellcat, et. al.), the Glock is an "also ran"  

If you currently own/carry a G26, that's great.  If you are looking, as a first time buyer, for a subcompact 9x19 pistol, you would be scrounging the bottom of the barrel if you chose a G26 over many other newer, better, more compact pistols.
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 9:45:13 PM EDT
[#28]
I shoot a P365 noticeably better than a G26.  A P365 also seems like the biggest gun I can personally pocket carry with ease.

Carry whatever you like.
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 10:07:14 PM EDT
[#29]
Good replies all.
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 10:07:35 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
No.  Too beaucoup.
View Quote

That's why I carry an NAA 1-5/8" 22LR in my prison wallet.

Link Posted: 2/15/2022 10:09:05 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I could never get the 26 to conceal well. Like it doesn’t conceal horrible, it’s a smaller pistol after all not a surfboard, but it’s just so stubby and fat it always concealed like a softball.
View Quote

Come on, man. We live in Oklahoma.

Concealment is optional!

Link Posted: 2/15/2022 10:10:18 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
nope. the g26 was a no-go for me. way too short and snappy.

View Quote

I know, right? 9mm is quite the powerhouse.
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 10:11:17 PM EDT
[#33]
I like the Glock 26 and still own one.  When my agency switched to Sig’s, I picked up a P320 sub compact for the magazine compatibility between my full size duty gun and the sub-compact.  When I went to a plain clothes unit, I carried the sub-compact until I bought a 365XL.  I can conceal the XL a lot easier, as it’s thinner.  I feel the XL is better for me than a Glock 26 or the 320 SC as I’ve got more rounds in a more compact package. I added a Streamlight and have been super happy with the XL
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 10:12:29 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I'm still carrying my original Shield 1.0 (with Apex parts).  I'd like a Shield Plus (or a P365X) but at almost twice what I paid for my Shield for two extra rounds it's hard to justify.  I can add a mag extension or another magazine a lot cheaper- or just carry a bigger gun.
View Quote

MagGuts upgrade is ~$35/mag.
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 10:29:58 PM EDT
[#35]
My carry gun progression starting with G19 on left, S&W shield middle and Hellcat on right. The Hellcat checks a lot of boxes for me.
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 10:52:37 PM EDT
[#36]
Still have a couple G26s and they are solid guns...

My G43X and G48 have taken over as my off duty carry guns most of the time.

Tough to beat this with a small and light gun easily concealed.

25 yard Defoor hat quals are a breeze.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/16/2022 7:32:39 PM EDT
[#37]
My only real gripe with the G26 is no light rail.

It would really be a do it all pistol for me if it had one.
Link Posted: 2/16/2022 7:50:27 PM EDT
[#38]
In the same camp here
Link Posted: 2/16/2022 8:14:33 PM EDT
[#39]
Love my P80 SC, shoots like a full size to me and carries very easily, though I typically carry a full size XDM or 4" Service XD45 the majority of the time so don't see an issue with the smaller pistol. Also have a Shield 1.0 with Apex goodies that gets the nod at times . I've thought about the newer single stack compacts but they don't feel right compared the P80 SC which I also carry with Magpul 12 rounders that have been flawless through a few thousand rounds.

Link Posted: 2/16/2022 8:16:33 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

There’s more to a carry gun than which shoots better, otherwise we’d all carry open class comp guns.
View Quote

Wise words.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top