BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/7/2022 6:34:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

If you think we don't have rednecks and hillbillies up here, you would be mistaken.

A guy up the road from my dad's place lives in what is essentially a shack. I'm talking plywood over a dirt floor. I got to witness someone pull his last tooth at a party one night, said it was bothering him so they got some pliers and yanked it out.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/7/2022 6:35:30 PM EDT
[#2]
I'd correct them that I'm a Chink or Slope
Link Posted: 9/7/2022 6:35:59 PM EDT
[#3]
I have thankfully moved past my redneck upbringing.

Link Posted: 9/7/2022 6:37:02 PM EDT
[#4]
I prefer cracker
Link Posted: 9/7/2022 6:37:34 PM EDT
[#5]
What is this insult thing you speak of?
Link Posted: 9/7/2022 6:40:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I have thankfully moved past my redneck upbringing.

View Quote

I tried my best. Farming wasn't for me, nor was taking pride in making my truck as loud as possible.

Ironically, I now make a good chunk of my money from farms and the work they need done.
Link Posted: 9/7/2022 6:40:42 PM EDT
[#7]
My city friends think I’m a redneck, but my redneck friends think I’m a city boy. I don’t give a shit.
Link Posted: 9/7/2022 6:45:37 PM EDT
[#8]
I'd be a little confused, but I wouldn't care.
Link Posted: 9/7/2022 6:48:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Better be another Redneck calling me that, that's OUR word.
Link Posted: 9/7/2022 6:53:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Been called a Redneck all my life and worse, could care less.

Much better that being call a Yankee.
Link Posted: 9/7/2022 7:35:55 PM EDT
[#11]
I’m a blue collar worker with 5 kids (oldest is 7!) a bunch of crap in my yard, an above ground pool, and my favorite beer is natural light. I’d argue that I’m not white trash just because I have a high school diploma and don’t receive any government benefits, but I’d have a damn hard time making a case that I’m not a redneck.
Link Posted: 9/7/2022 7:40:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Neutral
Link Posted: 9/7/2022 7:41:59 PM EDT
[#13]
I voted all 6.

Link Posted: 9/7/2022 7:43:41 PM EDT
[#14]
My long hair just can't cover up my redneck.

-DAC-
Link Posted: 9/7/2022 7:49:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I've been called a redneck, a hippie, a liberal, a communist, and a Nazi all on this forum.

I don't care.
View Quote

Kommiefornian!
Link Posted: 9/7/2022 7:56:38 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

This. Rednecks around here drive rotted out lifted trucks with glass packs or straight pipes lol
View Quote

So? Sounds better than EV faggotry. And absolutely better than flowmaster.
Link Posted: 9/7/2022 8:02:21 PM EDT
[#17]
One more feckin poll fail.

I was a Pa mountainwilliam that moved to the NC outer banks and then the coastal plain.

The correct term for us is Swamp Billy or Estuary William.
Link Posted: 9/7/2022 8:03:45 PM EDT
[#18]
I would consider it an astute observation on their part

I don't get all upset over words since I'm not an emotionally challenged individual with a room temp IQ and zero impulse control.

"sticks and stones may break my bones but names will never hurt me" - elementary school kids everywhere
Link Posted: 9/7/2022 8:04:09 PM EDT
[#19]
If im called redneck , id take it as a compliment. But when i use it , its as insult.. as in redneck hates longhair,rocknroll, ear rings on dudes tupe shit.
Link Posted: 9/7/2022 8:04:57 PM EDT
[#20]
I am a redneck, what would I care. Entire industry I work in for the last 30+ years is rednecks and coon asses.
Link Posted: 9/7/2022 8:06:01 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Well, I am
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/7/2022 8:06:44 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

If you think we don't have rednecks and hillbillies up here, you would be mistaken.

A guy up the road from my dad's place lives in what is essentially a shack. I'm talking plywood over a dirt floor. I got to witness someone pull his last tooth at a party one night, said it was bothering him so they got some pliers and yanked it out.
View Quote

When I was a boy, I helped take Christmas food baskets from church, to the poor side of town. I was in houses with dirt floors... this was in a town of 22,000 or so in the'60s. I watched a fellow at work use his Leatherman tool to pull his OWN tooth in the breakroom.
Link Posted: 9/7/2022 8:08:04 PM EDT
[#23]
Depends on the AH talking…….

On the other hand……

https://youtu.be/3cQNkIrg-Tk
Link Posted: 9/7/2022 8:08:20 PM EDT
[#24]
I just stated earlier that my redneck has multiple layers of sophistication so throw the sticks and stones IDGAF ??
Link Posted: 9/7/2022 8:09:34 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I prefer cracker
View Quote

That's what my very dark Jamaican friend calls me.
Link Posted: 9/7/2022 8:13:22 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

This. Rednecks around here drive rotted out lifted trucks with glass packs or straight pipes lol
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
as a hillbilly, I'd be insulted.

Move to Florida before road salt hits.
Run glasspacks/straight pipes here too.
Link Posted: 9/7/2022 8:29:33 PM EDT
[#27]
I could give a shit what someone else says or thinks about me.  Been that way since high school (or before).  It has served me well over the last 5 decades.
Link Posted: 9/7/2022 8:32:44 PM EDT
[#28]
Insult.

I’m country. Not redneck. Redneck is wannabe country.
Link Posted: 9/7/2022 8:50:14 PM EDT
[#29]
You might be a redneck if;

Rednex - Cotton Eye Joe (Official Music Video) [HD] - RednexMusic com

Link Posted: 9/7/2022 8:54:04 PM EDT
[#30]
Johnny Russell "Rednecks White Socks and Blue Ribbon Beer"
Link Posted: 9/7/2022 8:56:28 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
If its coming from a liberal, I'd be disappointed that they didn't call me a Nazi.
View Quote

For most people, including the BSC here in GD, isn't it the same thing?
Link Posted: 9/7/2022 9:01:48 PM EDT
[#32]
I’m a hillbilly.  Grew up around the hollers of east KY and SE Ohio.

That being said I wouldn’t consider redneck an insult.  I’m also not concerned in the slightest if I’m called a bigot, racist, asshole, dick, etc.

Link Posted: 9/7/2022 9:02:14 PM EDT
[#33]
I'd have to polish myself up a little bit to qualify as a redneck
Link Posted: 9/7/2022 9:04:17 PM EDT
[#34]
My family has been in Tennessee for nearly 200 years. Calling us rednecks is like calling fat people fat.
Link Posted: 9/7/2022 9:06:15 PM EDT
[#35]
Well, if the work boot fits...
Link Posted: 9/7/2022 9:06:58 PM EDT
[#36]
I'd be insulted, I am clearly a hillbilly from the place that is the trope originator
Link Posted: 9/7/2022 9:07:03 PM EDT
[#37]
I prefer Coonass.    I’m neither redneck nor hillbilly.   But yes i take coonass as a compliment.
Link Posted: 9/7/2022 9:09:23 PM EDT
[#38]
It’s all in the context and who it’s coming from. Friends or a fellow blue collar guy, it’s a compliment. Anyone else it’s an insult.
Link Posted: 9/7/2022 9:13:26 PM EDT
[#39]
Can rednecks operate pvs and dbals??? My neck might be red but that’s because of 10k elevation herding sheep.
Link Posted: 9/7/2022 9:41:02 PM EDT
[#40]
Buddies used to call me Dr. Redneck. Seemed appropriate.
Link Posted: 9/7/2022 9:47:46 PM EDT
[#41]
Insult since redneck is a convenantor.  

In Scotland in the 1640s, the Covenanters rejected rule by bishops, often signing manifestos using their own blood. Some wore red cloth around their neck to signify their position, and were called rednecks by the Scottish ruling class to denote that they were the rebels in what came to be known as The Bishop's War that preceded the rise of Cromwell. Eventually, the term began to mean simply "Presbyterian", especially in communities along the Scottish border. Because of the large number of Scottish immigrants in the pre-revolutionary American south, some historians have suggested that this may be the origin of the term in the United States.

https://www.liquisearch.com/redneck/historical_scottish_covenanter_usage

I'm non-denominational.
Link Posted: 9/7/2022 9:48:20 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I think the people who used to use redneck as an insult now jump right to racist
View Quote

Easy one to deal with

Just tell em you hate everyone equal

It fucks em clear up. They don’t know what to say AR do at that point
Link Posted: 9/7/2022 9:52:59 PM EDT
[#43]
The Racially Challenged (TM) can call me whitey, honkey, cracker, redneck, dipshit, and dickwad. I don't care because my persona isn't wrapped up in all of that.
Link Posted: 9/7/2022 10:05:09 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
It’s all in the context and who it’s coming from. Friends or a fellow blue collar guy, it’s a compliment. Anyone else it’s an insult.
View Quote

you guys have collars?
lucky.
Link Posted: 9/7/2022 10:17:56 PM EDT
[#45]
This is why we are losing, because we can’t fight like they fight with us. We should all agree that a redneck is a racist term because it’s a white person that is stupid because of the color of their skin. If we did that to a black person and made a name that referred to them as being dumb and reflected the color of their skin it would be called racist. So as we put our tail between our legs and let them pull all their shit that they do and we let them get away with this. Redneck is racist, many are too feeble minded to see it that way even though it could be used to fight the liberals.
Link Posted: 9/7/2022 10:32:12 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
This is why we are losing, because we can’t fight like they fight with us. We should all agree that a redneck is a racist term because it’s a white person that is stupid because of the color of their skin. If we did that to a black person and made a name that referred to them as being dumb and reflected the color of their skin it would be called racist. So as we put our tail between our legs and let them pull all their shit that they do and we let them get away with this. Redneck is racist, many are too feeble minded to see it that way even though it could be used to fight the liberals.
View Quote

Shit is way past that at this point

Most are just waiting for the shooting to start

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top