Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 8/11/2021 9:43:27 AM EDT
We have hood rats and other criminals leaving the hood and coming out to “ decent “ areas to rob, loot, etc. which has been increasing, burglaries, car ransacking, thefts, etc. now they are coming armed and  bringing armed wingmen who do armed over watch, to shoot home owners via ambush who might come out to confront them. Leo sucks at preventing this currently, I only expect it to get worse, easiest fix is regulating who enters neighborhoods, areas, or even entire counties if shtf, etc. to keep our hordes of city escapees.

I’m really only talking about normal crime in this thread though, and a neighborhood / subdivision etc.

If this continues, and gets much worse, would you personally volunteer to serve on a local defense force / armed neighborhood watch, to help protect your home, neighborhood or area ?  Manning check points, roadblocks, or entry points into your neighborhood to keep out non residents, or doing foot patrols, etc ? To ensure the safety of your family, your neighbors, and your home and possessions ?
Link Posted: 8/11/2021 9:46:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/11/2021 9:46:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Will there be beer there or do i need to bring my own?
Link Posted: 8/11/2021 9:47:43 AM EDT
[#3]
buck19delta thread thought exercise
Link Posted: 8/11/2021 9:50:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Would neighborhood defense force fund all my legal bills and all my liabilities?

No you say?  Then I stay at home and protect my family.
Link Posted: 8/11/2021 9:51:05 AM EDT
[#5]
I still remember a few things that I learned at the Ft Benning school for maladjusted boys
Link Posted: 8/11/2021 9:51:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Why do you say, "LEO sucks at preventing this"?

Do you expect response times and area coverage in rural areas to be the same as it is in cities?
Link Posted: 8/11/2021 9:51:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Yes, with gusto.
Link Posted: 8/11/2021 9:52:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Would have too. Only so many able bodied people in my neighborhood!

After reading Lights Out I gave the defense of my street a lot of thought. It would be a tough place to control with a railroad track on one flank and another neighborhood behind us. Can stop cars from getting in pretty easily but infiltration on foot would require effort and better fields of fire.
Link Posted: 8/11/2021 9:52:59 AM EDT
[#9]
If allowed to use deadly force to protect life, limb and/or property-sure.
Link Posted: 8/11/2021 9:53:12 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I still remember a few things that I learned at the Ft Benning school for maladjusted boys
View Quote

ETA : I finished reading the OP and you're talking about police work and in that case .....
Attachment Attached File

Edit to my edit : I really fucked that edit up, must've hit quote instead of edit . Don't taze me
Link Posted: 8/11/2021 9:54:04 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Why do you say, "LEO sucks at preventing this"?

Do you expect response times and area coverage in rural areas to be the same as it is in cities?
View Quote

I expect Leo to do less policing in the future because they want to avoid confrontations and the possible fucking they might get by messing with the wrong demographic, and I expect crime and violence to explode as the country crumbles and people get hard up, or just take advantage of the cops policing less and prosecutors dropping cases for diversity reasons.
Link Posted: 8/11/2021 9:54:15 AM EDT
[#12]
If my neighborhood ever gets to the point where citizens have to man Entry Control Points and conduct armed patrols, I'm moving.
Link Posted: 8/11/2021 9:54:38 AM EDT
[#13]
No. Lol.
Link Posted: 8/11/2021 9:54:53 AM EDT
[#14]
Do I get qualified immunity?
Link Posted: 8/11/2021 9:54:58 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Would neighborhood defense force fund all my legal bills and all my liabilities?

View Quote
This
Link Posted: 8/11/2021 9:55:03 AM EDT
[#16]
I've spent half a century on this planet so far,  and in that time I've learned that that there is exactly one person who is can always count on 100% of the time to get things done.  He will be the only person I continue to count on, regardless of what comes. I'll mind my business. It's what I'm best at.
Link Posted: 8/11/2021 9:55:22 AM EDT
[#17]
Im not going to have to worry about that out here

You big city folk have fun with all that tho
Link Posted: 8/11/2021 9:56:06 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

I’m talking much worse crime and armed home invasions becoming a sport.  Stopping them from entering the neighborhood is better than trying to stop them from entering your home when the doors kicked in at 2am.
Link Posted: 8/11/2021 9:57:49 AM EDT
[#19]
The problem I see with this is getting enough neighbors to agree with this tactic.  I live in a relatively easy neighborhood to defend, no through traffic, country living and only about 30 homes in the neighborhood total.  

For my situation I would need at least half of the homes to participate.  What do you do with the neighbors that are adamantly against doing this?

Link Posted: 8/11/2021 9:58:06 AM EDT
[#20]
Fuck no.

Maybe a little virtual chat group of neighbors to discuss things, but a physical force?

Fuck no.
Link Posted: 8/11/2021 9:58:38 AM EDT
[#21]
No, we got invaded a few years ago and I can't trust any of them to not stab me in the back. A neighborhood isn't a community. I'd rather die serving GD.
Link Posted: 8/11/2021 9:58:42 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

If my neighborhood ever gets to the point where citizens have to man Entry Control Points and conduct armed patrols, I'm moving.
View Quote

Where do you plan to go ?
Link Posted: 8/11/2021 9:59:01 AM EDT
[#23]
Yeah but I would be selectively protecting people.

Any home with a 'hate has no home here' sign out front is not getting one bit of protection from me. They're the ones that got us into this mess. Until they take the sign down and pick up a weapon they are on their own.
Link Posted: 8/11/2021 9:59:19 AM EDT
[#24]
No. It’s a honeypot.
It’s always a honeypot.

Lone wolf it... NODs cans and tight lips... this is the way.
Link Posted: 8/11/2021 9:59:40 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Do I get qualified immunity?
View Quote

We can probably wrangle up some “ we didn’t see anything officer “ with a side of “ he was coming right for us !,
Link Posted: 8/11/2021 10:00:08 AM EDT
[#26]
The less people that know you're hiding bodies the better.
Link Posted: 8/11/2021 10:00:18 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
 What do you do with the neighbors that are adamantly against doing this?
View Quote

Don't protect them.

Link Posted: 8/11/2021 10:01:42 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
The problem I see with this is getting enough neighbors to agree with this tactic.  I live in a relatively easy neighborhood to defend, no through traffic, country living and only about 30 homes in the neighborhood total.  

For my situation I would need at least half of the homes to participate.  What do you do with the neighbors that are adamantly against doing this?

View Quote

Wait until they have their minds changed by a break in, property theft, or other tragedy. Amazing how views can be changed when it hits home.
Link Posted: 8/11/2021 10:01:54 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote
That's 2019 thinking. Where this is headed those things won't matter and protecting your family will mean manning a chokepoint with your neighbors, not waiting at your house until you're surrounded. Look at the South Africa thread for clues where this is going.
Link Posted: 8/11/2021 10:02:06 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
We have hood rats and other criminals leaving the hood and coming out to “ decent “ areas to rob, loot, etc. which has been increasing, burglaries, car ransacking, thefts, etc. now they are coming armed and  bringing armed wingmen who do armed over watch, to shoot home owners via ambush who might come out to confront them. Leo sucks at preventing this currently, I only expect it to get worse, easiest fix is regulating who enters neighborhoods, areas, or even entire counties if shtf, etc. to keep our hordes of city escapees.

I’m really only talking about normal crime in this thread though, and a neighborhood / subdivision etc.

If this continues, and gets much worse, would you personally volunteer to serve on a local defense force / armed neighborhood watch, to help protect your home, neighborhood or area ?  Manning check points, roadblocks, or entry points into your neighborhood to keep out non residents, or doing foot patrols, etc ? To ensure the safety of your family, your neighbors, and your home and possessions ?
View Quote

any roadblocks or iD checking of residents will be deemed racist and civil rights violations
Link Posted: 8/11/2021 10:02:45 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

When you get a few home invasions complete with murder and rape, people suddenly change their tune.  

1. Neighborhood votes, and if enough votes, it passes.it will pass because lots of pussies want to be safe / feel safe but don’t want to actually protect themselves.  People will know they are in danger / not safe by then.

2. You either serve on the defense force, or you volunteer as support, to provide meals, coffee, etc, or donate money to buy gear / donate gear, or serve as look outside, report suspicious shit, etc.
Link Posted: 8/11/2021 10:03:45 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Yeah but I would be selectively protecting people.

Any home with a 'hate has no home here' sign out front is not getting one bit of protection from me. They're the ones that got us into this mess. Until they take the sign down and pick up a weapon they are on their own.
View Quote

Once Balkanization kicks off your free to run them out of your hood.
Link Posted: 8/11/2021 10:03:51 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
No. It’s a honeypot.
It’s always a honeypot.

Lone wolf it... NODs cans and tight lips... this is the way.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/11/2021 10:05:02 AM EDT
[#34]
Only if….
Link Posted: 8/11/2021 10:05:51 AM EDT
[#35]
Back in the seventies we had an armed neighborhood watch for criminal stuff. Somewhere I still have dad’s handheld CB they used for comms. The local popo monitored the band they used. They actually located an escaped prison inmate that murdered a State Trooper one night. We watched the chopper locate the guy after it was called in.
Link Posted: 8/11/2021 10:05:55 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
That's 2019 thinking. Where this is headed those things won't matter and protecting your family will mean manning a chokepoint with your neighbors, not waiting at your house until you're surrounded. Look at the South Africa thread for clues where this is going.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup. We’re heading towards chaos and mass violent crime like Brazil,  your not getting a choice, it’s gonna be protect your own home / hood via a armed group, or get mobbed,  robbed and raped by a armed group of criminals.
Link Posted: 8/11/2021 10:06:36 AM EDT
[#37]
I am transracial and identify as a roof top Korean
Link Posted: 8/11/2021 10:07:11 AM EDT
[#38]
No, but I'll be happy to help a couple of my neighbors because I know they'll do the same (we've briefly talked about it); most of the rest I don't know and a couple of them I doubt I'd even get out of my seat to see what was going on if the mob was in their yard.  
Link Posted: 8/11/2021 10:08:50 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

any roadblocks or iD checking of residents will be deemed racist and civil rights violations
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Local cops will turn a blind eye to the citizen defense forces, decent cops will. You might have to get creative. Billy bobs truck is not blocking the road as a road block, it just broke down earlier,  that’s not a group of armed militia in that house next to his truck, it’s a party, etc. lookouts report approaching cops, and you hide your shit by the time they arrive, etc.

The hood has areas where they do this already, mostly drug related, but the same. Various look outs from little kids to elderly porch sitters watching for approaching cops, ready to call in a alert, armed areas ready to respond violently to any occursion by the enemy into their hood, etc.
Link Posted: 8/11/2021 10:08:58 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Yup. We’re heading towards chaos and mass violent crime like Brazil,  your not getting a choice, it’s gonna be protect your own home / hood via a armed group, or get mobbed,  robbed and raped by a armed group of criminals.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

and afterwards local SWAT teams with their APCs and full stack will roll in to arrest all neighborhood watch members.
Link Posted: 8/11/2021 10:09:08 AM EDT
[#41]
If they manage to drag their asses all the way out here, they won't find the welcome mat rolled out to them.  I'm probably the least likely to shoot someone out of all of my neighbors, but only because I don't want to go through that shit again.  

That said, if needs must, I will make a mess in the front yard.  

Link Posted: 8/11/2021 10:09:32 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

When you get a few home invasions complete with murder and rape, people suddenly change their tune.  

1. Neighborhood votes, and if enough votes, it passes.
2. You either serve on the defense force, or you volunteer as support, to provide meals, coffee, etc, or donate money to buy gear / donate gear.
View Quote

3. If you did not vote for the armed defense of the neighborhood you are now on perpetual 6 foot deep hole digging duty.
Link Posted: 8/11/2021 10:09:39 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
We have hood rats and other criminals leaving the hood and coming out to “ decent “ areas to rob, loot, etc. which has been increasing, burglaries, car ransacking, thefts, etc. now they are coming armed and  bringing armed wingmen who do armed over watch, to shoot home owners via ambush who might come out to confront them.
View Quote

Any links to this actually happening? No straight to video movies please.
Link Posted: 8/11/2021 10:09:58 AM EDT
[#44]
I'm a solid maybe, but probably not if defending my moms neighborhood which is where I would probably wind up if SHTF. She lives in Central CA in a mid-sized town that used to be pretty conservative but is now a super lib UC town.  Several neighbors are LEO and provided they agree to look the other way on a few NFA violations, I'd gladly help out keeping the cul de sac safe but that's about it.
Link Posted: 8/11/2021 10:10:56 AM EDT
[#45]
More GD fantasy, your neighborhood is not going to do shit.
Link Posted: 8/11/2021 10:11:08 AM EDT
[#46]
Is there a good book, article, podcast or video out there that provides a structure of how to start something like this?

Link Posted: 8/11/2021 10:11:26 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

and afterwards local SWAT teams with their APCs and full stack will roll in to arrest all neighborhood watch members.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup. We're heading towards chaos and mass violent crime like Brazil,  your not getting a choice, it's gonna be protect your own home / hood via a armed group, or get mobbed,  robbed and raped by a armed group of criminals.

Well, I reckon they just picked their side, didn't they?
Link Posted: 8/11/2021 10:11:55 AM EDT
[#48]
The problem is when there’s an event and Five-O has to be involved the easiest arrest is the homeowner followed by huge lawyer bills and the perp suing.
Link Posted: 8/11/2021 10:13:08 AM EDT
[#49]
Exactly 3 people me included own guns in a 1 mile radius. Out of those people 1 has training. I will protect my home. If they started a neighborhood patrol I would do it but doubt it would ever happen
Link Posted: 8/11/2021 10:13:55 AM EDT
[#50]
Stated more directly,
“Would you help protect your neighborhood if it was under attack?”

Anyone who says “No” needs to take a long look in the mirror and ask some hard questions about their duty as a man.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Top Top