Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/10/2020 12:13:55 PM EDT
If that azzwhole had been captured by the Soviets, what do  you think would have happened?

Would his trial be before an international war crimes board or strictly a Soviet affair?

If left in the exclusive control of the Soviets, I'd imagine he would be loved tenderly by the NKVD (if they beat the snot of out their own officers/marshals before the war, no mercy to a despised foe) before being humiliated in public, confessing to anything and everything before being hung.  I'd imagine that at his trial many Germans will be called upon to denounce him (public humilation).

Thoughts?
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 12:25:26 PM EDT
[#1]
The capturing Soviet agents would not have touched a hair on his head.  He would have been humanely treated and then loving re-educated and made into a productive and remorseful communist, who aspired to make the world a better place.

Or it would have been a spectacular show trial followed by a Kim Jong Il type execution!
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 12:26:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Dude probably had covert cyanide pills on him.
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 12:41:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Dude probably had covert cyanide pills on him.
View Quote

Overt Suicide Pills,

Covert Suicide Pills,

&

Orders to his SS Bodyguards to NEVER allow him to be taken alive.

I imagine the Soviets would declare Hitler was definitely killed (artillery strike or such) to end questions about "Where is He?"

Then with Time & Secrecy - The Soviets would have tortured & shaken him down for all the "secrets" & "riches" of the Reich.
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 2:59:17 PM EDT
[#4]
there was a fiction book that had a small SS team extract Hitler and keep him in a secret lair while Stalin had teams hunting for him, I think the book was The Berkut?  Anyway, by the end the Red Army captured him, and the epilogue was that Stalin secretly kept him in a cage suspended in the air, in his basement, where Stalin would go downstairs to mock him every so often, and left instructions to kill Hitler upon his death.

I'm pretty confident that's what would have happened if the Soviets had captured Hitler.
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 5:09:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Overt Suicide Pills,

Covert Suicide Pills,

&

Orders to his SS Bodyguards to NEVER allow him to be taken alive.

I imagine the Soviets would declare Hitler was definitely killed (artillery strike or such) to end questions about "Where is He?"

Then with Time & Secrecy - The Soviets would have tortured & shaken him down for all the "secrets" & "riches" of the Reich.
View Quote

Yes he had cyanide capsules but the question was what would have happened had he been captured by the Soviets?
Link Posted: 12/11/2020 11:21:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Somewhere I read that Stalin was planning on keeping him on public display in a cage in the Kremlin.  I don't know if this is true or not.  It may be something I read in a novel.
Link Posted: 12/11/2020 11:25:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
there was a fiction book that had a small SS team extract Hitler and keep him in a secret lair while Stalin had teams hunting for him, I think the book was The Berkut?  Anyway, by the end the Red Army captured him, and the epilogue was that Stalin secretly kept him in a cage suspended in the air, in his basement, where Stalin would go downstairs to mock him every so often, and left instructions to kill Hitler upon his death.

I'm pretty confident that's what would have happened if the Soviets had captured Hitler.
View Quote

I need to find this book
Link Posted: 12/14/2020 11:15:16 PM EDT
[#8]
From a quick Google search

The Berkut is a 1987 secret history novel by Joseph Heywood in which Adolf Hitler survives World War II. It is set in the period immediately after the fall of The Third Reich. This book pits a German colonel and a Russian soldier from a secret organization against each other. Wikipedia
Originally published: 1987
Author: Joseph Heywood
Publisher: Penguin Random House LLC.
OCLC: 14818443
Genres: Thriller, Alternate history, Historical Fiction, historical novel, War story, Secret history
Link Posted: 12/14/2020 11:21:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I need to find this book
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I need to find this book

https://www.amazon.com/Berkut-Joseph-Heywood/dp/1493009044/
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 5:57:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Would have 'died' before ANY kind of trial.  Stalin could not risk Hitler telling the Allies what their agreement was prior to Hitler turning on Russia.

BS treacherous politicians then, just like now.
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 4:28:47 PM EDT
[#11]
No trial.
No announcement to the world.
Nobody wanted him alive. To much of a rallying point for the radicals. Nobody wanted to make him a martyr either.
The best solution would be that he was a coward that was to scared to shoot himself and had to take cyanide in the end.

So the real question is what did the Soviet’s do with him and for how long?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top