Link Posted: 1/22/2021 5:43:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 5:44:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 5:49:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I just want to know if .22lr is up to $100 a brick and common ARs at $2k?

There's a show tomorrow in Akron.
View Quote

LGS owner said $120 for a brick!
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 6:01:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Some things to consider that work in our favor:

1. After Sandy Hook, there were many many new gun owners who were suddenly confronted with the possibility of never being allowed to own an AR or Glock and went out and got one. Those people have skin in the game.  While Democrats didn't control Congress like they do now, the post-Sandy Hook legislative push ultimately failed, and that was a time of intense emotion by people who hated guns.

2. The same thing (wave of first-time purchasers) happened all over again with the BLM riots over the summer.

3. The incidental result of these two events and all the purchases that took  place are that the "common use" test the Supreme Court has adopted for gun laws means that ARs are likely to be considered protected by the 2A by a currently conservative majority court.

4. Twice the ATF has proposed rule changes (M855 and braces) and were absolutely brutalized in their comment period and backed down

5. The NRA may be lame, but GOA, FPC, and some very aggressive state counterparts are doing a pretty good job of keeping a close eye on things.

6. Gun ownership isn't just a right wing phenomenon anymore.

7. Federal laws that don't have any kind of state corollary are in some cases beyond the capacity of the bureaucratic agencies to enforce. I'll remind you that pot is still illegal in Colorado under Federal law.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 6:06:22 PM EDT
[#5]
I wonder how many fucking feds read this stuff??    

Knowing my luck, I'll get ramp checked by a fucking FAA fed asshole tonite after I land.    

Yeah, I hate fucking govt fed people, cause' they r always there to "help you."    Fucking maggots, anyway.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 6:31:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
We all know that everyone is worried about impending gun control with the Biden administration. As a result, everyone is buying everything, you can’t find anything, and anything you can find is overpriced. But in the scenario that he doesn’t, due to considerations of political fallout or sowing discord, how long would you say before supply and prices to normal? Or do you think that will never happen as long as he is president due to lack of trust in him?
View Quote

Not going to happen.  HE WILL GET IT GOING EVENTUALLY!  I don't think he will bring it up till the summer, maybe for passage right before Christmas or early 2022.  He most certainly will get to it before midterms.
"Covid & unity" are more important right now.
To answer though, Sandy hook was 2012.......Prices were fooked for 2 years after.  Spiked going into 2016 election, Stabilized until Trump took office.  Spiked again for stoneman douglas in 2018, then salad days untill January of 2020.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 4:48:25 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

The 60 vote thing is just senate rules which the senate can change at will. Funny how they so love their rules and don't care about the constitution.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The Left has been very different the past few years. I won't be shocked to see them eliminate the need for 60 votes in the senate and attempt to force gun control on a simple majority vote. It's something that could be fought in the courts for quite some time.

The 60 vote thing is just senate rules which the senate can change at will. Funny how they so love their rules and don't care about the constitution.

I think they're only allowed to change the rules at the beginning of the new Senate and that time has passed. Not that the rule means anything to them I'm sure breaking the rule to change the rule wouldn't mean a thing like when Harry Reid did it a few years ago.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 5:32:43 AM EDT
[#8]
It won't be long, the next mass shooting will bring legislation to enact gun control measures.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 5:35:00 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
It won't be long, the next mass shooting will bring legislation to enact gun control measures.
View Quote

That is what I think
They'll use that as a chance to try. What happens I don't know.
I think we will get at least UBC from the Biden presidency.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 5:45:18 AM EDT
[#10]
Honestly, I think he's gonna blow all his political capital on all sorts of other stupid shit, and run out of time, before Dems lose the Senate or Congress in 2022.

Obama was a bigger zealot, more competent, had less organized resistance, was more liked by the public, and had a larger majority, and still failed.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 5:52:12 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
So.

I've had time to think about this.

Earlier (on 13 January 2021) I posted basically a "worst case" scenario:

Earlier this week, I updated my thinking:

So now it looks like he's holding it back as a "reinvigorate base as we head into the summer doldrums" card now.

Let's look at the most common claim I hear about Biden -- that it won't be that bad -- per  Jason280 in another thread:

Unlike Republicans, Democrats actually deliver to their base on various "pet" issues.

There's a downside to getting "pet causes" passed however. Doing so requires an enormous amount of effort; ranging from under the table bribes to outright threats to keep recalcitrant party members in line.

Because of this; generally, when a party seizes near complete control; not much actually gets done other than about 1.5 things.

In 2008-2010, that was Obamacare; and it took the democrats two years to get it passed; and Obamacare actually had serious opposition from the GOP; because $$$ talks; and Obamacare was a big threat to a lot of small businesses, etc.

Why Obama didn't do much is three factors:

1.) They spent so much political capital on Obamacare that when Sandy Hook came around in 2012; the Democrats hadn't fully recovered from the expenditure of political power on Obamacare two years prior.

2.) The Democratic party of 2010-2012 is much different than the Democratic Party of 2020. All of the old rural Democrats have been purged over the last decade; all of their major stars are from Urban areas like AOC.

3.) Obama while he was pro-gun control and did talk in vague generalities; he wasn't as outspoken as Biden and the Democrats have been this Campaign Cycle.

As of 2020, the Overton Window inside the Democratic party has shifted so much that stuff that would've been unthinkable outside of strident anti-gun crusaders has been normalized enough that Sleepy Joe went into lengthy detail with quite specific policy proposals during his campaign, including "put stuff on the National Firearms Act List"; something that has never actually been seriously proposed before at the national level, outside of gun control cranks.

Also, all of the Democratic candidates attempted to "one up" each other during the debates; anyone remember Beto O'Rourke's:

"Hell, yes, we're going to take your AR-15, your AK-47....We're not going to allow it to be used against our fellow Americans anymore."

Biden's new White House Deputy Chief of Staff (Jen O'Malley Dillon) was Campaign Manager for Beto O'Rourke's 2020 campaign from 2019 to Spring 2020.

Likewise, Biden's VP is none other than Kamala "Microstamping kills the CA Roster" Harris.

There is now an "X Factor In Play"

THE NRA IS ATTEMPTING TO FILE CHAPTER 11 BANKRUPTCY.

Additionally, the NRA-ILA (the part that does lobbying) is a total dumpster fire, following WLP firing Chris Cox (who had headed it for nearly 20 years) and then a week or so later also firing Chris Cox's replacement -- all this happened in 2019.

That's a lot of institutional knowledge on how to handle Congress and politicans...just gone.

Thus, while the balance of Congress is on paper, better than it was in 1994; in that the Democrats have razor thin margins in 2021....

...don't underestimate the power of TRU BELIEVERS.

For almost 80 years, the NRA has been the "boogeyman" of progressive politicans regarding gun control, going back to LBJ and FDR's Attorney General.

What do you think they're going to do now that they believe the "gun lobby" is kneecapped and incapable of mounting the kind of response they've put on in past legislative battles?
View Quote

Don't forget Biden said he wants to make Beto O'Rourke his gun violence czar.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 5:59:33 AM EDT
[#12]
So what if he does.  An illegitimately elected official making products purchased legally illegal because of his fucking opinion?  No compliance here
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 6:10:02 AM EDT
[#13]
The Dims had 2 years of control of the White House, the Senate and Congress and plenty of Lefty SCOTUS judges.

They didn’t do shit.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 6:13:21 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Remember when everyone said Obama was coming for your guns?
Remember the panic of 2008-2009?
Remember post Sandy Hook?

Gun owners are whiney little victim snowflakes just like the left.
View Quote

Does that include you?

You're either a gunowner or you're not...

You sound like a whiny little snowflake regardless of what you own...
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 6:50:11 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
RFLs and UBCs
RFLs would be 87X more easier to pass and almost just as effective.  Remember all those leftist coworkers and internet people Rs pissed off over the last 8 years?
Or not
View Quote

Especially when you have republicans like Rubio and Graham who want them passed too.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 6:53:45 AM EDT
[#16]
"Obama didn't come for our guns"

Really? So what the fuck do you call banning the import of 7n6, 41P, and attempting to ban M855 ammo? The man didn't disqualify thousands of people on SSA either.

We didn't lose the import of Russian AKs during Obama either, that was just some crazy fever dream.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 8:33:33 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 8:36:49 AM EDT
[#18]
F JB and his ho.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 8:36:58 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 12:47:19 PM EDT
[#20]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link -  Best price on Ammoseek.com

I’ve been thinking about doing a very large bulk order of ammo. Would it be cheaper to jist order online, or can I get more ammo by going to a gun show, in the current situation?
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 1:18:51 PM EDT
[#21]
In addition to this thread. I think the solution to this problem is that we cannot rely upon legislators to protect our rights. If the Democrats start openly talking about gun control, gun owners themselves need to hold speeches, demonstrate, write letters, write blogs, give interviews, anything that shows that we exist. What people fail to realize is that Democrat politicians are emboldened when they don’t hear common people defend their gun rights. Gun owners have often remained silent due to fears of exposure. We need to be as vocal about protecting our gun rights as the liberals are about protecting gay rights. Too many gun owners remain in the shadows due to fear. That allows the rest of society and politicians to assume that gun owners are a small minority of extreme right wingers, when we are actually a wide spectrum of people, genders and ages. I know people who are gay and lesbian who own guns. Plenty of black people too. Once the Democrats start to see that, they will begin to rethink their stance on gun control, politically. I have personally introduced many liberals to shooting, and they all have loved it.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 7:26:52 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I’ve been thinking about doing a very large bulk order of ammo. Would it be cheaper to jist order online, or can I get more ammo by going to a gun show, in the current situation?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link -  Best price on Ammoseek.com

You think online ammo is expensive? I promise you every dude with a brick of rimfire will be selling it at gold prices.
I quit attending Gun shows years ago. There were no deals. Outrageous prices.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 7:31:47 PM EDT
[#23]
I don't think some of you understand the gravity of the current situation.

Us being disarmed (or dead) is a necessity for them
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 10:26:56 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

You think online ammo is expensive? I promise you every dude with a brick of rimfire will be selling it at gold prices.
I quit attending Gun shows years ago. There were no deals. Outrageous prices.
View Quote

I agree. There’s nothing at gun shows that are a deal anymore. Many years ago, yes. I stopped going a long time ago when the deals were better online and I didn’t have to wait in line for 45 minutes to get what I wanted.
As for Biden, he’s going to do what he’s told. I’m waiting to see if his gun czar gets appointed. We didn’t buy all the guns and ammunition so I don’t think a ban would be popular. Do they care? I doubt it.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 11:40:05 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

He's been in power less than half a week and has already ejaculated several really fucking stupid EOs. I have no doubt he's going to come after guns.

Remember, we're white supremacists, insurrectionists, and domestic terrorists.

It's going to be a rocky few years. Stay frosty.
View Quote

the english language.  you have a mastery of it.  do you write professionally!?
ejactulated stupid eos, that is comedic/rhetorical gold?  whatever im trying to say, im bad it, but you good iternet preson are hysterical!
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 11:40:28 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
There can be no political fallout when there are illegitimate elections.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 11:43:05 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
They are striking hard and fast.

Wouldn't surprise me to see a few EOs on guns in the next few weeks and a push for the full dem monte (basically CA's set of gun laws all in one package) before the end of summer.
View Quote

this is why we need a local QRF to roll hawt n heavy in behind any Feddy boogy boyz who wanna stomp on rights...

so, network appropriately folks, and like your lives depend on it.  cause they do....
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 11:43:29 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Honestly, I think he's gonna blow all his political capital on all sorts of other stupid shit, and run out of time, before Dems lose the Senate or Congress in 2022.

Obama was a bigger zealot, more competent, had less organized resistance, was more liked by the public, and had a larger majority, and still failed.
View Quote

I hope you are right.

As far as the second part, by the time Obama tried for guns he had already lost congress.

Not exactly the same there.

Link Posted: 1/23/2021 11:44:09 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
The Dims had 2 years of control of the White House, the Senate and Congress and plenty of Lefty SCOTUS judges.

They didn’t do shit.
View Quote

2008 is a lifetime ago, not much in common with now.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 11:47:02 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Biden will come after guns. But he's no fool and will wait for when the optics are right. A school or workplace shooting in a heavily Democrat gun controlled area where the people aren't able to defend themselves will be it.

The man has been in politics for 40 years, he's no fool and he understands how to play the PR game and sway public opinion.
View Quote

This is my bet.

I fully expect dude to strike while the iron is hot, in any way possible that decimates conservatives or the things they believe in.

And it will be lapped up by the ignorant public, who just want to punish "them" for the 4 years of Donald Trump.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 12:02:56 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I think they're only allowed to change the rules at the beginning of the new Senate and that time has passed. Not that the rule means anything to them I'm sure breaking the rule to change the rule wouldn't mean a thing like when Harry Reid did it a few years ago.
View Quote

The option they'll use to kill the filibuster is the "nuclear option". Just search "nuclear option filibuster" and read up on it. It's a parliamentary procedure that they can use at any point in time, and they only require a simple majority to do it.

So they don't have to change the rules to kill the filibuster. If they have 51 votes (with Kamala) they can do it any time they like.

I believe that the first time McConnell blocks something that they really want and that they can claim is a dire emergency, they will use it at that point. Something like a gun control bill right after a mass shooting...
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 12:37:29 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
10.  Whatever gets passed will be nearly impossible to undo later.  Just look at the NFA.  So whatever happens we have to stop the legislation beforehand if we plan on saving our freedoms.
View Quote

Frankly, if gun owners aren't willing to use their guns to defend assaults on our rights under any circumstances, then for all practical purposes, the core reason for gun ownership is null & void, & we should just drop the chirade.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 12:43:27 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Frankly, if gun owners aren't willing to use their guns to defend assaults on our rights under any circumstances, then for all practical purposes, the core reason for gun ownership is null & void, & we should just drop the chirade.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
10.  Whatever gets passed will be nearly impossible to undo later.  Just look at the NFA.  So whatever happens we have to stop the legislation beforehand if we plan on saving our freedoms.

People are also learning not to talk about cerain things on the internet. Take conciliatory comments as window dressing.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 1:48:29 AM EDT
[#34]
Fifth bill from the top...

https://www.congress.gov/search?q={%22source%22:%22legislation%22,%22search%22:%22Firearm%22}&searchResultViewType=expanded
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 2:36:29 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

People are also learning not to talk about cerain things on the internet. Take conciliatory comments as window dressing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No offense, but your "conciliatory" statement echoes the sentiment made time & again over decades of this political battle. We're all so tepid. Look where it's gotten us.

I don't see the socialists tip-toeing about. They commit actual acts of offensive violence without consequence. I speak of defending ourselves from being attacked.

The framers were clear about why they penned the 2nd-A, & we really shouldn't be apologizing for it.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 3:21:14 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

The option they'll use to kill the filibuster is the "nuclear option". Just search "nuclear option filibuster" and read up on it. It's a parliamentary procedure that they can use at any point in time, and they only require a simple majority to do it.

So they don't have to change the rules to kill the filibuster. If they have 51 votes (with Kamala) they can do it any time they like.

I believe that the first time McConnell blocks something that they really want and that they can claim is a dire emergency, they will use it at that point. Something like a gun control bill right after a mass shooting...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is true but I'm not sure they will have the votes to remove it or for the gun control.

We'll see.

I hate to count on Manchin to keep his word but it may come to that.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 3:39:39 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

not a chance.  

probably be about the same as right now, AT BEST ! AND THATS WITHOUT new antigun laws EVEN BEING PUSHED, MUCH LESS PASSED. probably be MUCH worse than now a year down the road. hell,  it took 3 years after sandy hook to find .22lr locally easily..... this is that panic x 10, and extends to pretty much all ammo across the board. for the next few years at a MINIMUM.. anytime ANYTHING shows up at a halfway normal price it will vanish in seconds. the only easy to find ammo / primers will be second hand neck beard stuff or stores selling it sky high, or stores with a 1 box limit per customer.
View Quote

This guys got it right.

Yes it took 3 years after Sandy Hook before everything was back in stock including reloading supplies. Amazing how so many members here have such a short memory, unless some here were just teenage school kids. If the Dems continue to hark on it as I'm sure they will do, it will NOT return to normal. Because I don't expect the Democrats to ever lose the White House ever again, the high demand & shortages will likely be permanent way of life for us from here on in.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 5:30:37 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
By this time next year prices will have returned to normal.
View Quote

Nope.

The new "normal" will be seen in 2-3 years.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 5:36:34 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Here's the ads from his campaign back then.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eo-giTWJq9s
View Quote

OK. If Biden signs a new law to put 100,000 more cops on the streets and expand the death penalty, then I'll turn in my AR-15s.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 6:54:40 AM EDT
[#40]
IDK when, but once the madness finally stops and prices swing back the other day, it's going to be the most epic crash of a market ever.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 7:16:00 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
There were rumors that Obama complained about Biden being an idiot.

Obama hated guns but may have decided that he wasn't going to get burned like Clinton by making a run at guns, having Congress flipped and be out of business passing any other new legislation.

I don't know that Biden's that sharp. He might be better off waiting until the second half of his term to go for a new AWB and not risk flipping Congress, but I think he'll do something immediately. This is a big issue for the California and NYC/Boston/DC urban liberals and I don't think Biden and Harris realize the shit storm they'll kick off with trying with this. Registering every AR and magazine? These are liberal city people who have no idea how many ARs are out there and have probably been told only "super owners" have ARs "not regular hunters"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Biden will come after guns. But he's no fool and will wait for when the optics are right. A school or workplace shooting in a heavily Democrat gun controlled area where the people aren't able to defend themselves will be it.

The man has been in politics for 40 years, he's no fool and he understands how to play the PR game and sway public opinion.
There were rumors that Obama complained about Biden being an idiot.

Obama hated guns but may have decided that he wasn't going to get burned like Clinton by making a run at guns, having Congress flipped and be out of business passing any other new legislation.

I don't know that Biden's that sharp. He might be better off waiting until the second half of his term to go for a new AWB and not risk flipping Congress, but I think he'll do something immediately. This is a big issue for the California and NYC/Boston/DC urban liberals and I don't think Biden and Harris realize the shit storm they'll kick off with trying with this. Registering every AR and magazine? These are liberal city people who have no idea how many ARs are out there and have probably been told only "super owners" have ARs "not regular hunters"

He "won" this election through fraud, they took the Senate through fraud. What makes you think they're even a little bit worried about anything flipping ever again?
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 7:21:27 AM EDT
[#42]
Things will return to normal in 87 days.

I am sure that this has already been said before, but who's going to read 8 pages of arf posts besides the atf
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 7:22:31 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

How ironic would it be to get more gun control under Trump than biden?

More ironic than getting more from Trump than obama?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Unless biden fails to push through more gun control because some purple state Democrats balk I would assume the panic will roll along throughout his presidency. If he makes a run for a new assault weapon ban and can't get it through congress than maybe things will return to normal.

How ironic would it be to get more gun control under Trump than biden?

More ironic than getting more from Trump than obama?

JFC, will you guys NEVER quit? Trump's gone, move the fuck on with your bullshit.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 7:28:49 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Nobody on this site knows what will happen. I can't begin to count all the things we were wrong about, from Obama to Trump.

Just sit back an enjoy the ride, buy what you want/can and deal with things when they actually happen.
View Quote

Yeah, planning ahead is for suckers, right?
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 8:14:31 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Have heard mention of an annual tax on UBR's and magazines so of course you would have to report/register how many you own.
View Quote

report/register

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 8:31:26 AM EDT
[#46]
The gun grabbers now in power are already laying the ground work by demonizing and targeting "Domestic Terrorism".  Domestic terrorism wasn't a problem while Dem run urban centers were burning to the ground in the last few years. However, a handful of Qtards walk in the Capitol and wreak havoc for a couple of hours and suddenly Domestic Terrorism and white supremacy are in the top three major issues facing our nation. The bullhorn that is the media will make it so.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 8:46:55 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I see lots of 20er accounts asking very inquisitive firearm related questions lately. Almost like they are doing research.  

Contrasted to the 20er accounts a month ago that were spamming never_Trump comments and trying to subversively incite Trump supporters.

Whatever, maybe I picked the wrong day to stop sniffing glue.

View Quote

they should ban 90% of those accounts under COC.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 8:47:55 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 9:12:04 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

you should go ask your friends on reddit and see what those rocket surgeons thinks.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 9:13:24 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Have heard mention of an annual tax on UBR's and magazines so of course you would have to report/register how many you own.
View Quote

“have to”
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top