BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/1/2019 12:50:18 PM EDT
This doesn't feel like winning.

ICE let loose 218,400 migrant 'family members' into the US since December

The federal Homeland Security agency tasked with removing people illegally present in the country has released a couple hundred thousand immigrant families into the interior of the United States since late December, according to data obtained by the Washington Examiner. Those let loose will not be subject to deportation, at least not until after a hearing they are supposed to attend that is years away.

A total 218,400 people who either illegally entered the country or showed up without proper documentation at a port of entry along the southwest border were let go from Immigration and Customs Enforcement custody and set free in the U.S. between Dec. 21, 2018 through July 28.

All of those released were family units, which means each person arrived at the U.S.-Mexico border with a child or parent. Adults sometimes travel with children they are unrelated to and claim to be a family.

A 2015 court ruing in the Flores settlement agreement mandated ICE not hold a child, including if the child is accompanied by a parent, more than 20 days, forcing the agency to release massive numbers of people because immigration judges cannot hear new cases for two to five years.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/ice-let-loose-218-400-migrant-family-members-into-the-us-since-december
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/1/2019 12:51:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/1/2019 12:57:10 PM EDT
[#2]
the Trump admin is following current law, and the decrees of judges.

just because the dems and obama admin did, and got away with it.........

do you want the Trump admin to ignore the law?

and if the Trump admin did, what do you think the fall out and reaction would be?
Link Posted: 8/1/2019 1:01:27 PM EDT
[#3]
I’m finally tired of winning.
Link Posted: 8/1/2019 1:02:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Lol, rofl.

I love arfcom, like you guys, and I have a lot to add, but won’t...

Lol...
Link Posted: 8/1/2019 1:04:05 PM EDT
[#5]
voluntarily guaranteeing our own destruction. how progressive of us.
Link Posted: 8/1/2019 1:04:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Thank you for cheapening my efforts of immigrating the right way...
Link Posted: 8/1/2019 1:15:30 PM EDT
[#7]
I am surprised its not more than that.
Link Posted: 8/1/2019 1:17:32 PM EDT
[#8]
And yet there are still 11 million illegals here.
Link Posted: 8/1/2019 1:18:11 PM EDT
[#9]
This is ridiculous.

If that's happening now, imagine what will happen when President Harris/Warren/Gillibrand pulls a Merkel 2.0 and invites the whole fucking world in.

This country is finished.
Link Posted: 8/1/2019 1:21:15 PM EDT
[#10]
I know we can’t hold that many people indefinitely. But why put them on a bus to Indianapolis instead of on a bus back across the border?
Link Posted: 8/1/2019 1:23:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

The federal Homeland Security agency tasked with removing people illegally present in the country has released a couple hundred thousand immigrant families into the interior of the United States since late December, according to data obtained by the Washington Examiner. Those let loose will not be subject to deportation, at least not until after a hearing they are supposed to attend that is years away.

A total 218,400 people who either illegally entered the country or showed up without proper documentation at a port of entry along the southwest border were let go from Immigration and Customs Enforcement custody and set free in the U.S. between Dec. 21, 2018 through July 28.

All of those released were family units, which means each person arrived at the U.S.-Mexico border with a child or parent. Adults sometimes travel with children they are unrelated to and claim to be a family.

A 2015 court ruing in the Flores settlement agreement mandated ICE not hold a child, including if the child is accompanied by a parent, more than 20 days, forcing the agency to release massive numbers of people because immigration judges cannot hear new cases for two to five years.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/ice-let-loose-218-400-migrant-family-members-into-the-us-since-december
View Quote
View Quote

ok so remind me why I should vote trump again in 2020?
comey skating away, now this.
fukitall.  whats wrong with the sooner we get this rodeo started stance?
Link Posted: 8/1/2019 1:24:56 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm surprised the number is that low.

The scary part is what will happen if Mexico suddenly decides to stop securing their border like they have been since threatened with tariffs. Because NOTHING has changed with our laws and policies to curtail illegals from walking across.

<------- BP
Link Posted: 8/1/2019 1:25:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

and if the Trump admin did, what do you think the fall out and reaction would be?
View Quote
So what you're saying is that it's illegal to keep illegals out?

If that's the case then I absolutely want Trump to violate that fucking law.

And I don't give one single fuck what the fall out or reaction is because I know 100% that the next democrat run administration is going to grant amnesty and give themselves another 30 million voters.
Link Posted: 8/1/2019 1:28:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Everyone here blaming Trump for this is part of the problem, and is buying what the media has been selling for two and a half years.

He's tried to do things, but he's hampered by our actual laws, and has begged Congress to do something about it.

He's hampered at every turn with Lawfare. More than 37 nationwide injunctions issued by lower court judges since Jan, 2017, when in the previous history of the USA there were fewer than 10.

The level of opposition is unprecedented and somewhat staggering.

I don't blame him on this. His hands are tied by the law, the courts, and the democrats.

There are a bunch of very credulous people in this thread.

Go ahead and vote for the democrat and see what happens. So fucking dumb.
Link Posted: 8/1/2019 1:29:06 PM EDT
[#15]
cm: the Trump admin is following current law, and the decrees of judges.
View Quote
We are invaded by millions of people.  Lincoln started the War Between the States over less than that, over people trying to leave the general government.

What do I want the Trump admin to do?

Stand up for Americans!
Link Posted: 8/1/2019 1:30:00 PM EDT
[#16]
You’re just a racist, and the new and improved Americans are better than you.  Also replacing western citizens in their own countries is racist conspiracy theory and isn’t really happening.

Also we should celebrate whites becoming minorities in white majority countries.
Link Posted: 8/1/2019 1:30:20 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote
Don't really care anymore. I would hope the fallout would lead to a reset.
Link Posted: 8/1/2019 1:30:57 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Don't really care anymore. I would hope the fallout would lead to a reset.
View Quote
We've also got a shit ton of nihilists here. It's getting pretty fucking old.
Link Posted: 8/1/2019 1:53:15 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Everyone here blaming Trump for this is part of the problem, and is buying what the media has been selling for two and a half years.

He's tried to do things, but he's hampered by our actual laws, and has begged Congress to do something about it.

He's hampered at every turn with Lawfare. More than 37 nationwide injunctions issued by lower court judges since Jan, 2017, when in the previous history of the USA there were fewer than 10.

The level of opposition is unprecedented and somewhat staggering.

I don't blame him on this. His hands are tied by the law, the courts, and the democrats.

There are a bunch of very credulous people in this thread.

View Quote
you're kind of making my point.  i dont blame trump at all.  he just cant fix it thats all.  imo no one can fix it.  this war was lost over 30 years ago - we're just now figuring that out.
Link Posted: 8/1/2019 1:55:30 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote
Never, ever vote for a Democrat.

Voting for Democrats is how you get, “take the guns first,”  gun control and uncontrollable immigration... Golf courses and hotels brining-in illegals for work... Business owners bringing-in illegals for work...

Never, ever, ever vote for a, “take the guns first,” Democrat.

Don’t do it. Ever.
Link Posted: 8/1/2019 2:01:14 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Voting for Democrats is how you get, "take the guns first,"  gun control and uncontrollable immigration... Golf courses and hotels brining-in illegals for work... Business owners bringing-in illegals for work...

Never, ever, ever vote for a, "take the guns first," Democrat.

Don't do it. Ever.
View Quote
To quote Ronald Reagan, "Well, there you go again..."
Link Posted: 8/1/2019 2:03:35 PM EDT
[#22]
They are illegal aliens.  Deport them
Link Posted: 8/1/2019 2:04:10 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Voting for Democrats is how you get, “take the guns first,”  gun control and uncontrollable immigration... Golf courses and hotels brining-in illegals for work... Business owners bringing-in illegals for work...

Never, ever, ever vote for a, “take the guns first,” Democrat.

Don’t do it. Ever.
View Quote
Do you even know immigration law?
Link Posted: 8/1/2019 2:05:29 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
They are illegal aliens.  Deport them
View Quote
If they applied for asylum you can’t till after their hearing, that’s the problem...bitch to your representatives...
Link Posted: 8/1/2019 2:09:23 PM EDT
[#25]
AmericanPeople: They are illegal aliens.  Deport them

tsg68: If they applied for asylum you can’t till after their hearing, that’s the problem...bitch to your representatives...
View Quote
It's okay because we're being invaded legally.
Link Posted: 8/1/2019 2:14:45 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
They are illegal aliens ivanders.  Deport Shoot them
View Quote
Fixed!
Link Posted: 8/1/2019 2:16:40 PM EDT
[#27]
Sadly that is or was standard procedure for asylum seekers while they wait for their court date. Now just imagine how many babies were born in the mean time while they waited here in the US.
Link Posted: 8/1/2019 2:17:10 PM EDT
[#28]
Unacceptable.
Link Posted: 8/1/2019 2:18:07 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote
If the law is a national suicide pact why follow it? It's not like anyone else in Washington faces consequences for espionage and breaking federal law for personal gain.
Link Posted: 8/1/2019 2:19:30 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

The scary part is what will happen if Mexico suddenly decides to stop securing their border like they have been since threatened with tariffs. Because NOTHING has changed with our laws and policies to curtail illegals from walking across.

<------- BP
View Quote
Well caravan numbers were on the rise before Mexico finally did something. So I assume just imagine how it is now with the groups of a 100 illegals crossing over and claiming asylum but imagine groups of 500 or more.
Link Posted: 8/1/2019 2:25:24 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

If they applied for asylum you can't till after their hearing, that's the problem...bitch to your representatives...
View Quote
What part of bitching to my representatives would have prevented an Obama EO (that can't be rescinded for some reason) to keep up to 800,000 DACA illegals from being deported? It always seems to work one way, but not the other. The other way would be shut down quick and reversed before you could blink no matter what you did.
Link Posted: 8/1/2019 2:26:55 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote
Nope, can’t deport no one. Candu nuffin.

Millions of illegal aliens with pending or final deportation orders are not being deported

”According to new data obtained by the Immigration Reform Law Institute (IRLI) via a FOIA request, there are 644,488 illegal aliens remaining in our country who have already been served final deportation orders. And those are just from the top four countries of origin – El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, and Mexico. The IRLI shared much more data with CR. The total number of illegal aliens who remain in the country despite final deportation orders is 1,009,550.

In addition, there are roughly 1.1 million others from those four counties who have “pending final orders” and are close to receiving deportation orders. Those with pending final orders are usually individuals who have already been ordered deported by immigration judges but are appealing their case to the Bureau of Immigration Appeals (BIA), the appellate body of the DOJ’s administrative immigration courts.

That is a total of 1.7 million illegal aliens from Mexico and Central America with final or near-final orders of deportation. Those numbers are as of June 2018, right before the largest surge in Central Americans began over that summer and intensified in the fall of 2018 and winter of 2019. The total number of those ordered deported or with pending deportation orders for nationals of all countries of origin is 2.55 million.”
Link Posted: 8/1/2019 2:48:26 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote
View Quote
We are so fucked as a nation.
Link Posted: 8/1/2019 2:51:01 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

<------- BP
View Quote
You will never stop it till we have the willpower to punish those that give them jobs and benefits
Link Posted: 8/1/2019 2:59:32 PM EDT
[#35]
Illegal Immigrant Bought Baby for $80 in Guatemala to Get Priority Release in US

Supervisory Border Patrol agent Marlene Castro speaks to a group of illegal aliens who just crossed the Rio Grande from Mexico into the United States in Hidalgo County, Texas, on May 26, 2017. (Benjamin Chasteen/The Epoch Times)
Link Posted: 8/1/2019 3:03:48 PM EDT
[#36]
They should be letting no one go. Detaine then deport.
Link Posted: 8/1/2019 3:10:44 PM EDT
[#37]
for all those saying, break the law,

if Trump arbitrarily starts disregarding laws, he'll get called a facist, and being a dictator, etc.

then, when the dems get back in control, this country won't move towards communism....

it'll go straight to stalinism.

so think about what some of you are all calling for, because it can go both ways.

while this country isn't in an active shooting civil war yet, Trump is trying to do things the right way, whether or not you or I like it, and would prefer something else happening.
Link Posted: 8/1/2019 3:20:26 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Thank you for cheapening my efforts of immigrating the right way...
View Quote
Most Americans have no idea how difficult, painful and expensive it is to immigrate here legally.
Link Posted: 8/1/2019 3:23:26 PM EDT
[#39]
How much welfare does that equal. How many anchors babies will we see out of this.
America taxpayer=suckers.
Link Posted: 8/1/2019 3:32:01 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
You will never stop it till we have the willpower to punish those that give them jobs and benefits
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

<------- BP
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/1/2019 3:36:36 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

It's okay because we're being invaded legally.
View Quote
It isn’t ok but that’s the gist of it.  What’s that GD favorite saying? Oh yeah, “they got the government they voted for.”
Link Posted: 8/1/2019 3:39:04 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Nope, can’t deport no one. Candu nuffin.

Millions of illegal aliens with pending or final deportation orders are not being deported

”According to new data obtained by the Immigration Reform Law Institute (IRLI) via a FOIA request, there are 644,488 illegal aliens remaining in our country who have already been served final deportation orders. And those are just from the top four countries of origin – El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, and Mexico. The IRLI shared much more data with CR. The total number of illegal aliens who remain in the country despite final deportation orders is 1,009,550.

In addition, there are roughly 1.1 million others from those four counties who have “pending final orders” and are close to receiving deportation orders. Those with pending final orders are usually individuals who have already been ordered deported by immigration judges but are appealing their case to the Bureau of Immigration Appeals (BIA), the appellate body of the DOJ’s administrative immigration courts.

That is a total of 1.7 million illegal aliens from Mexico and Central America with final or near-final orders of deportation. Those numbers are as of June 2018, right before the largest surge in Central Americans began over that summer and intensified in the fall of 2018 and winter of 2019. The total number of those ordered deported or with pending deportation orders for nationals of all countries of origin is 2.55 million.”
View Quote
Says in that article that those with pending final orders are usually waiting on an appeal which usually means the orders are “stayed” till appeal.
Link Posted: 8/1/2019 3:40:43 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote
I think people here who've read my posts know that I am immensely skeptical of Trump. In fact, I disagree with a lot of his policies like tariffs, bump stock ban, etc.

But, cm happens to be right. The Trump admin IS following the law (more or less) when it releases these immigrants into the country. So, I don't think it's fair to pin the blame for this situation on him. Perhaps he deserves a little bit of blame, but absolutely not the majority of it.

I will fault Trump for not having worked to change the law when the GOP had control of both the Senate and the House. I think that's a fair criticism. Same goes for his seeming inability to play nice for a bit, and make some tradeoffs so he can get the Dems onboard with something like trading DACA for asylum reform. Think about it...we're letting a lot more people in under the auspices of asylum now and in the near future than we'd be legalizing under DACA.

Trump has tried to do a number of things to reform the current asylum law. But, most of that has consisted of EOs or actions by the executive branch that he should've realized were likely to be blocked by the courts. I think Trump has gotten too frustrated with his inability to just "fix" asylum quickly, and he hasn't had the patience to realize that any real and lasting solution will have to go through Congress.

So, I don't think it is entirely fair to blame Trump for this situation. It existed long before he came into office, and he has tried a number of things to fix it. It's just that the things he's chosen to do weren't really the right things to try, and he's lacked the patience to hammer out a deal with Dems. That's especially important because if he loses in 2020 you can bet that a Dem President will be happy to work out an immigration reform proposal that pretty much gives us open borders.

Trump needs to realize that it's more important the problem be solved than for him to "look strong" when doing it. Unfortunately, due to the proximity of the 2020 election, the window to get a deal done has probably closed. I think Trump would have to give away a LOT MORE now than he would have had to give away when the GOP had both houses, or when Pelosi first became Speaker.

Nonetheless, I don't think Trump deserves the principal blame for this situation. He did try to do something, and obviously there was no guarantee that he could've made a definite deal with the Dems. Again, this is coming from someone who's extremely skeptical of Trump.

I think Trump's relative inexperience in government, along with hardliners like Stephen Miller whispering in his ear that he can fix this himself without any compromises, are also part of why Trump didn't first try to make a deal with Congress to fix the asylum system. I think Trump was convinced that if he made any concessions at all that his base would beat him up, and so he chose a strategy of executive actions that could be implemented much faster, but also had a much higher risk of not working out.

TLDR: It's not really fair to blame Trump for these immigrants being released.
Link Posted: 8/1/2019 3:42:13 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote
Our business would get fined heavily and likely face charges if were caught knowingly employing illegals. We pay for third party background checks because E-verify sucks. You don’t have to be a citizen to work in the US just have the correct visas...
Link Posted: 8/1/2019 3:50:29 PM EDT
[#45]
Congress needs to change the immigration laws but refuses to without an amnesty that absolves them of the responsibility of policing up the illegals and deporting them. Reagan fell for a promise of immigration reform when he signed an amnesty bill, Congress screwed him. Anybody that has been calling their reps since the 1980’s and fighting every attempt by Congress to squeak an amnesty through knows it’s been a head butting fight, with the constituents barely beating them back time and again. Those of you just waking up to this bullshit because “orange man bad” should’ve been in this fight well before 2008...

The immigration surge that commenced during the current administration was orchestrated to stymie the administration and it was facilitated because the law already sucked and had these weaknesses ready to exploit.
Link Posted: 8/1/2019 4:08:17 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
How much welfare does that equal. How many anchors babies will we see out of this.
America taxpayer=suckers.
View Quote
We've been assured by the left that illegals aren't a net drain on resources.....
Link Posted: 8/1/2019 4:43:31 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
They should be letting no one go. Detaine then deport.
View Quote
Again, the big issue is Reno v. Flores which was ruled that BP or ICE cannot detain a minor (w/ or w/o parent) for longer than 20 days. Every child comes across with one parent. This is how they are gaming the system.

We have nowhere near the judges to adjudicate them within the 20 day period. And when we do adjudicate minors without parents, the consulate of their country is conveniently delayed more than 20 days with the proper paperwork to take them back.

We could have a detention center the size of a city and we could still not keep the illegals longer than 20 days! This is the result of not splitting families up. If we split families, juveniles still get kicked but mom or dad can be held until their hearing (unless a SF judge has ruled we cannot. )
Link Posted: 8/1/2019 4:49:27 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 8/1/2019 10:32:14 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I think people here who've read my posts know that I am immensely skeptical of Trump. In fact, I disagree with a lot of his policies like tariffs, bump stock ban, etc.

But, cm happens to be right. The Trump admin IS following the law (more or less) when it releases these immigrants into the country. So, I don't think it's fair to pin the blame for this situation on him. Perhaps he deserves a little bit of blame, but absolutely not the majority of it.

I will fault Trump for not having worked to change the law when the GOP had control of both the Senate and the House. I think that's a fair criticism. Same goes for his seeming inability to play nice for a bit, and make some tradeoffs so he can get the Dems onboard with something like trading DACA for asylum reform. Think about it...we're letting a lot more people in under the auspices of asylum now and in the near future than we'd be legalizing under DACA.

Trump has tried to do a number of things to reform the current asylum law. But, most of that has consisted of EOs or actions by the executive branch that he should've realized were likely to be blocked by the courts. I think Trump has gotten too frustrated with his inability to just "fix" asylum quickly, and he hasn't had the patience to realize that any real and lasting solution will have to go through Congress.

So, I don't think it is entirely fair to blame Trump for this situation. It existed long before he came into office, and he has tried a number of things to fix it. It's just that the things he's chosen to do weren't really the right things to try, and he's lacked the patience to hammer out a deal with Dems. That's especially important because if he loses in 2020 you can bet that a Dem President will be happy to work out an immigration reform proposal that pretty much gives us open borders.

Trump needs to realize that it's more important the problem be solved than for him to "look strong" when doing it. Unfortunately, due to the proximity of the 2020 election, the window to get a deal done has probably closed. I think Trump would have to give away a LOT MORE now than he would have had to give away when the GOP had both houses, or when Pelosi first became Speaker.

Nonetheless, I don't think Trump deserves the principal blame for this situation. He did try to do something, and obviously there was no guarantee that he could've made a definite deal with the Dems. Again, this is coming from someone who's extremely skeptical of Trump.

I think Trump's relative inexperience in government, along with hardliners like Stephen Miller whispering in his ear that he can fix this himself without any compromises, are also part of why Trump didn't first try to make a deal with Congress to fix the asylum system. I think Trump was convinced that if he made any concessions at all that his base would beat him up, and so he chose a strategy of executive actions that could be implemented much faster, but also had a much higher risk of not working out.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but none of the D's want to legalize DACA. Ask yourself why they continue to talk about protecting DACA when they're planning to decriminalize border crossings. If they make illegals legal, then why the need to protect DACA? Somehow I don't think they will be extending citizenship to very many "dreamers".
Link Posted: 8/1/2019 10:35:53 PM EDT
[#50]
Part and parcel
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top