Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/12/2020 4:13:06 PM EDT
There are a lot of things I miss about being in the military.  The esprit dé corps was one of the deepest ones for me.  I had a lot of friends say, "Happy Veteran's Day" to me yesterday.  I appreciated it.

American Sniper was on so many TV channels last night.  I have a hard time watching that movie.  I was nothing special in the military; got the scars, not the stories.

There is one scene in AS that has held a special symbolic moment for me.  I wish more people understood the meaning behind it, and not it was just a "Fuck yeah" scene.  I miss these people.

https://youtu.be/G_S_KA_aLsY
Link Posted: 11/12/2020 4:46:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Fuk N A
Link Posted: 11/12/2020 5:05:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Just wanted to clarify; there are others out of uniform who do understand this.  The general population at large does not IMO.
Link Posted: 11/12/2020 5:57:23 PM EDT
[#3]
[pedantic]

The esprit décor was one of the deepest ones for me
View Quote

it's "esprit de corps", or "the spirit of the group".  Not "the spirit of the paint scheme".

[/pedantic]
Link Posted: 11/12/2020 6:31:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
[pedantic]
Not "the spirit of the paint scheme".
[/pedantic]
View Quote

Ok now that is funny.  Shit This is what happens when I post on my phone in a loud place.  Maybe I was talking about the camouflage paint scheme?   <-- embarrassed face
Link Posted: 11/12/2020 11:04:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Ok now that is funny.  Shit This is what happens when I post on my phone in a loud place.  Maybe I was talking about the camouflage paint scheme?   <-- embarrassed face
View Quote

I figured it was some autocorrect but the snark couldn't be denied.

And this is how esprit de corps is made!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top