Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Posted: 8/15/2022 11:28:26 AM EDT
... as inspired by this thread. [Edited to add:  Thanks a ton to H46Driver and to flcroc for donating $1,000 and $500, respectively, to this initiative.  I appreciate it, brethren. ]

If you don't care about quality, I can put plastic ones in the mail starting today.  If you need multiples for family members, I should be able to handle that also.

If you want a nicer quality (tougher cord, metal beads, handmade in the US heartland), I should be able to start mailing them next week.

Attachment Attached File

Image courtesy of skid2041.

Update 1: 8/15, 2252

A few quick updates:

1. My inbox has burned up today.  Praise be to God!

2. There are some who posted on this thread that they would like one, but I have not received an IM.  I cannot mail them if I don't have your address.

3. I've replied to everyone who IM-ed.  If you did not receive a reply, please post in this thread stating so.  Either your initial message didn't reach me or mine didn't reach you.  I started a thread in the Site Suggestions to fix this because it's been going on for months.

4. Good news is that I should be able to ship some of the nicer ones this week as opposed to next week.  Bad news is that the guy who makes them will be out of town for about a week and there will be a pause in production.  In retrospect, I should have checked with him before starting this thread, but I did not think there would be such a high demand.  He makes these in his spare time to raise funds for our parish.  He only sells them to parishioners and is not used to large orders.  The response from arfcom was such that has overwhelmed him, and that was as of this afternoon (the number has about doubled since then). Here's his message from this afternoon (I've removed some content):

We're getting ready to leave on a Smoky Mountains vacation this Thursday for a week and need to get most of the fall vegetable planting done before we leave.
We only have a few bronze Rosaries in stock.
I could knock out a few before we leave and continue when we return to fulfill half your order by Sunday the 27th, and the remainder by Sunday, September 3rd.
I'll call if I have questions.
View Quote

4. Yes, ladies can request them too.

5. I want to make sure that you are happy with what you receive.  If you receive something you are not happy with, please let me know and I will send a different one (not to exceed three total rosaries).  However, I would like to make sure every gets their first request before I sent additional ones to those who are not happy with theirs.

6. All of the offers for compensation are very kind.  Respectfully, I would like to decline.  The Rosary devotion has changed my life like no other devotion and this is my way to give thanks.  Additionally, I am sending rosaries that you have not even seen.  I don't want anyone to regret spending money on something that they may not like.  Some offered donations to a charity.  If you're so inclined, you could consider charities that take care of pregnant women and prevent babies from being murdered, but please don't feel obliged on my account.  There was at least one would absolutely refused to accept something for free.  That's fine.  Let me get them out first and if you want to send something, you can send it to the return address.  Sending it to a charity would be better though.

7. There is one thing I would appreciate: Prayers for the vocation of fatherhood.  That men may claim/strengthen their rightful authority as patriarchs and lead their families to God for His glory.

I hope I have answered most questions with this post.  I know there are some things that I missed.  My apologies and no offense meant.  I'll try to circle back after the IMs cease and will attempt to answer what I've missed.

Update 2: 8/18, 1500

1. Thanks a ton to H46Driver for donating $1,000 to this initiative.  I appreciate it, brother.  There was no solicitation and no site resources were wasted during this communication.  He contacted me privately last night wanting to help.  The Rosary devotion changed his life decidedly also.  All things considered, I accepted.  

2. I received the first batch last night and shipped it today.  I have IM-ed everyone who has a package inbound.  I tried to two different types of packages.  Warning: I may have gone overboard with tape.  If anything arrives damaged (it shouldn't), I would appreciate some feedback so that I can prevent it in future packages.

3. As you'll see in the photos below, there is a variety.  Comparing them side by side, the chrome beads are noticeably heavier.  You can really put the hurt on someone with it.    For anyone requesting rosaries after this point, if you don't care about finish, you may want to consider whether you want something lighter or heavier.

4. Those who specified bronze-finished or chrome beads got what they asked for.  For those who did not specify the finish, I used my best judgement based on the context they provided.

5. While I received this first batch four days early, as I mentioned before, there will be lull in production for about a week because the guy who makes them will be out of town.  I expect the next batch on 8/28 and plan to ship it on 8/29.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Update 3: 8/24, 1630

1. Thanks to RhodesianSon and wganz for their generous support.

2. I received the second batch a week early and shipped it out over the past couple of days.  There were some new beads with this batch that I had not seen before.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Update 4: 8/31, 1600

1. I have shipped the third batch also.  Many in this batch pledged donations to their local charities.  May God reward you all.

2. Although each batch has arrived earlier than expected--thanks to the guy who makes them, henceforth D.--the demand is such that any requests made this week may not get shipped until October.  We're going to try to beat that of course.

3. I've been passing some of your feedback to D. and he's encouraged by both the personal stories and compliments on his work.

Upd­ate 5: 9/8, 1840

1. I have shipped the fourth batch.

2. We ran out of the bronze-finished beads.  There are 17 of you affected by this so far.  I expect the shipment to arrive on Saturday.  These will be the first ones out next week.  Sorry for the delay.

3. Not that they read here, but my older boys have done most of the packing.  I could not have stayed on top of this without them.

Upd­ate 6: 9/14, 0955

1. Thanks to livinfree for his most generous contribution to this effort.  Also, thanks to a Pentecostal board member, who insisted he remain anonymous, for his generous donation to the effort.  Not least, thanks to SDJ for sending two bottles of water from Lourdes.  One will go to D.  Not least, thanks to xcalibur12 for sending a piece of cool history.  I've omitted anyone, my apologies.

2. I've shipped the fifth batch, which comprised mostly the bronze-finished beads that finally arrived.  D. has been cranking these out like a machine.

Upd­ate 7: 9/24, 1220

1. Thanks a ton to flcroc for donating $500 to this initiative.  Much obliged, sir.

2. I've shipped the sixth batch.  There may be a slowdown in production because for over a month, D. has only made rosaries for us.  He needs to catch up with other orders.  I expect to ship the rest in about two weeks.  Sorry for the delay.

3. To all who have replied with notes of support and thanks, apologies for not replying to every single one.  I have read each carefully and appreciate your very kind words.  Glory to Christ the King!

Upd­ate 8: 10/14, 1520

1. I've shipped the seventh batch.  As I mentioned in the previous update, there was a slowdown in production because for over a month, D. only made rosaries for us.  He needed to catch up with other orders.  I expect to ship the next batch next week.

2. To all who have replied with notes of support and thanks, apologies for not replying to every single one.  It's been a crazy work week.  I have read each carefully and appreciate your very kind words.  All praise and glory to Jesus Christ!

Upd­ate 9: 10/21, 1455

1. I've shipped the eighth batch.  I should be all caught up except for one order, for whom I already contacted the member today.  If there is anyone who placed an order, but has not received anything from me, please IM me.

2. To all who have replied with notes of support and thanks, apologies for not replying to every single one.  I have read each carefully and appreciate your very kind words.  Beautiful photos too.  All praise and glory to Jesus Christ!

Upd­ate 10: 11/7, 0710

1. Last shipment was on 10/24.  I did not provide an update because I wanted it to be a longer one, which I did not prioritize properly.

2. Unfortunately, I need to close this out, at least temporarily.  I will make a longer post about it today.  My intent, as I communicated to a couple of you privately, was to close it at midnight on 10/31.  Of course, I will fulfill the requests that came in up to this point.

3. To all who have replied with notes of support and thanks, apologies for not replying to every single one.  I have read each carefully and appreciate your very kind words.  Great photos too.  All praise and glory to Jesus Christ!
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 11:29:19 AM EDT
[#1]
I remember saying the rosary with my paternal grandmother every time she came to visit.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 11:36:10 AM EDT
[#2]
I’d be down for a USA one.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 11:39:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Very nice of you to offer!!
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 11:40:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Thank you and God bless. Count me in for a USA made tough rosary. My key ring pendant mini is pretty much on its last breath. Had that a few years now.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 11:43:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Any idea where the combat rosaries sold on site like romancatholicgear are made?

I see a ridiculous amount of Catholic items made in China by enslaved people who probably can't even own what they are making.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 11:47:50 AM EDT
[#6]
I’d be down for a tough one.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 11:50:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Just IM me your addresses, gentlemen.  Please indicate whether you want whatever I have on hand now (should have brown, blue, yellow, pink, and possibly white and black) or you're willing to wait a bit for the metal-bead ones.  The metal ones come in chrome or bronze-finished beads.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 11:52:27 AM EDT
[#8]
no thanks .i fondle my ar15 daily
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 11:58:50 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Any idea where the combat rosaries sold on site like romancatholicgear are made?

I see a ridiculous amount of Catholic items made in China by enslaved people who probably can't even own what they are making.
View Quote

Not to hijack an awesome offer and thread by OP, but I've read good things about https://ruggedrosaries.com - seems like all their stuff may be made in USA (Texas.)

Link Posted: 8/15/2022 12:00:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

The crucifix and medal(s) are made in Italy.  Not sure about the chain or or lambskin pouch.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 12:20:32 PM EDT
[#11]
I'd like one if you can spare it...
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 12:27:37 PM EDT
[#12]
I've replied to everyone who IM-ed.  If you did not receive a reply, please post in this thread.  Either your initial message didn't reach me or mine didn't reach you.  I started a thread in the Site Suggestions to fix this because it's been going on for months.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 12:33:34 PM EDT
[#13]
I would like a Made in USA one Sir'
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 12:39:53 PM EDT
[#14]
I still have mine from my first communion. Grandmother gave it to me. GID style.

Could I get one if these please?
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 12:43:26 PM EDT
[#15]
I'll be in for a higher quality one if you'll except payment or trade.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 12:47:45 PM EDT
[#16]
I would like a Made in USA one Sir'

Can I pay shipping or make a donation or something ...
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 12:57:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

@Mortgage_Payer

The Ranger Rosary team at my church, St. Luke Catholic Church, make rosaries for service men.  I donate to them on a regular basis and also bring them cookies and treats to eat during their assembly meetings.   There is actually a specification they have to follow, certain type of bead that is non-reflective and a special color paracord.  Every month they select a certain division of the armed forces to make them for.   The cost is about $1 per rosary.   The most expensive part is to ship, FedEx is not armed forces base friendly.

ETA:  Mistake made, the beads have to be a certain color along with the paracord.  The ladies order the supplies from an approved website.   Non-reflective is not an issue, it is the color

Here s one they made for one branch of the military

Link Posted: 8/15/2022 1:03:55 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

The crucifix and medal(s) are made in Italy.  Not sure about the chain or or lambskin pouch.
View Quote

Good to know.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 3:58:42 PM EDT
[#19]
Good Sir.
I would like one Please.
Anything but plastic.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 4:06:59 PM EDT
[#20]
Thank you for the offer.  This was my Grandma's. I've had it for about 25 years. Good on you op.

Link Posted: 8/15/2022 4:10:34 PM EDT
[#21]
Awesome, OP.

Question: I’m Christian, Protestant, not a Catholic.

Does a Rosary have a place/purpose for me?
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 4:22:06 PM EDT
[#22]
IM sent. Very nice of you.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 4:31:29 PM EDT
[#23]
I'm usually critical of Catholicism, but after the attack from the left I support you guys.  We're in this shit together.

Good on you, OP.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 4:34:45 PM EDT
[#24]
IM sent.

Thank you.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 4:37:15 PM EDT
[#25]
Not Catholic but I was in a Catholic wedding for a friend who married one. As a heinz 57 protestant mutt though I wanted to say thanks for the offer and best wishes.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 4:38:11 PM EDT
[#26]
I would like a made in the USA rosary please.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 4:39:15 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Awesome, OP.

Question: I’m Christian, Protestant, not a Catholic.

Does a Rosary have a place/purpose for me?
View Quote

I'd say yes.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 4:39:51 PM EDT
[#28]
Filthy Proddy here, but I think this is awesome and support the work you're doing OP.

ETA: to clarify, I don't need one, we do our prayers direct and freeform. But fighting back against the forces that want to destroy the institutions that have built civilization, getting people to think about prayer and focus on God, and giving of your own resources to serve others sacrificially are all awesome causes.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 4:41:10 PM EDT
[#29]
I'd also take a USA one.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 4:43:05 PM EDT
[#30]
I'd take a couple tough USA ones.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 4:46:52 PM EDT
[#31]
This is good shit OP and very kind of you.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 4:47:32 PM EDT
[#32]
OP, how much is this costing you?  Can people feed you a few bucks to cover costs?
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 4:48:28 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
no thanks .i fondle my ar15 daily
View Quote

Get both.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 4:52:58 PM EDT
[#34]
Good on you OP

Ill say a Prayer for you
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 4:56:00 PM EDT
[#35]
I want one and I'll pay.  Saw something on Outnumbered today about an Atlantic article off the rails about the rosary.  Decided I wanted one right then.  Gave my mother's to my wife and no idea where my old one is.  I want a nice one suitable for a man.  For a 78 year old fighting colon cancer it can't hurt
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 5:01:15 PM EDT
[#36]
A USA made one or a military version would be a blessing, I'd like to reciprocate in a Pmag
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 5:03:48 PM EDT
[#37]
Still have the one I got at my HC, guess that i have always been an extremist and didn't realize it,
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 5:16:11 PM EDT
[#38]
IM sent
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 6:10:55 PM EDT
[#39]
I would like the USA one for my mom. I haven't IMd since I let my subscription lapse. Hope it works.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 6:30:34 PM EDT
[#40]
Good for you, thank you for the kind offer however I own several.
Prayers for you.
God grant you many happy, healthy and holy years.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 6:40:06 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
... as inspired by this thread.

If you don't care about quality, I can put plastic ones in the mail starting today.  If you need multiples for family members, I should be able to handle that also.

If you want a nicer quality (tougher cord, metal beads, handmade in the US heartland), I should be able to start mailing them next week.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/154593/Resized_vmacocsoak_2099918874755-0-123_1-2489930.JPG

Image courtesy of skid2041.
View Quote

Holy shit this is getting weirder by the day. What next, if you read books you’re a Nazi?

I think it’s awesome OP that you’re doing this. My Rosary came from Mount Olive and was carved from the olive wood that is there. If I didn’t have one, I’d send you some money for one.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 6:43:06 PM EDT
[#42]
Kind gesture OP
Frankly I’d rather see someone send a Gospel tract out. The Gospel will save your soul!
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 6:47:27 PM EDT
[#43]
I’m a Protestant- but good on you OP. I approve.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 6:48:53 PM EDT
[#44]
I'd be up for a nicer quality one.

Link Posted: 8/15/2022 6:50:13 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Just IM me your addresses, gentlemen.
View Quote

If ladies are also allowed, I would be honored to receive one...and I'd be thrilled with pink!

I'd love to pay the shipping for mine, as well as two other "gentlemens" shipping costs if you'd allow it

God Bless you sir!

Ann
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 6:53:06 PM EDT
[#46]
While i appreciate the offer & acknowledge it would undoubtedly trigger idiot leftists, I don’t need a trinket to speak to God about what is in my heart, which he already knows what I’m going to say even before I say it, to express what ever it is that I feel I need to bring before him & my savior Jesus Christ.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 6:56:56 PM EDT
[#47]
I'd like a made in the usa one
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 7:06:52 PM EDT
[#48]
I would love to have a USA made one. Great idea OP.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 7:17:50 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 7:21:11 PM EDT
[#50]
How are they supposed to be used? How are prayers supposed to be said?

Anybody have a link to the method and correct prayers? I looked but sources vary.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top