BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 1/15/2021 11:01:43 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 11:03:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Same here. No reason given, banned from posting for 30 days on 1/6. Today, banned from creating any groups, forever.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 11:04:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Ditch F book and all other social media (ARFCOM is a forum...). You mental health will improve.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 11:05:15 PM EDT
[#3]
plaster em with cock pics on the 24th
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 11:06:32 PM EDT
[#4]
F*ck suckerbirg so dump f*ckbook.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 11:07:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 11:07:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 11:08:56 PM EDT
[#7]
As extensive as their datamining is, I'm not surprised they can pinpoint who to lock up in thought jail. Whether or not you go to lobby day could have factored into it, but remember they track everything you look at, how long you look at it, posts you like, posts other people like that like posts that you also liked, who and what they associate with, ect...

That data stacks up, and before you know it they can start piecing together profiles on people easy as pie. That's why I deleted mine years ago, and then it was more because I didn't want them selling it off, but now it's actually being used for pretty malicious purposes like this too.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 11:09:57 PM EDT
[#8]
I closed my Facebook and Twitter accounts a few days ago. Screw them.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 11:10:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Welcome to the club!  After this last time (Jan 7) with zero reason other than I was obviously a Trump supporter I deactivated my account.  As soon as I get a chance to go through my thousands of important photos I may not have stored on DVD I will delete!  Fuck Zuck!  Fuck FB!  Fuck the left!
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 11:12:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Guess that's what's going on with me too...can share and post on friends posts...but try to put something on a group I like and get denied.  Not seeing where it says how long.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 11:12:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Banned for no real reason
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 11:12:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I closed my Facebook and Twitter accounts a few days ago. Screw them.
View Quote

Same here. They think they can ban Trump. F them.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 11:12:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Wow.  This is seriously crazy
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 11:12:44 PM EDT
[#14]
I was banned on Twitter for no reason (I broke no Twitter rules at all) after the day at the Capitol. Wasn’t there.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 11:14:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Same thing with me, and numerous friends of mine are reporting the same.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 11:15:53 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 11:16:01 PM EDT
[#17]
I am going to use this a lot

The purge continues unabated.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 11:16:17 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Wow.  This is seriously crazy
View Quote
Not really. It's just that generally people didn't care about their extensive data mining because it didn't have a noticeable effect on their daily lives (in practice it did in the form of targeted advertising and propaganda, but again, "Noticeable"). Now that's it's being used for direct action it's suddenly kooky. They can track you on any site that has Facebook integration. If you now take a moment to scroll to the bottom of the forum, you will see that AR15.com has Facebook integration. You've been snitching on yourself and didn't know, and it's all in the Facebook TOS that nobody reads.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 11:16:46 PM EDT
[#19]
I would not get surprised if various social media companies are sharing info.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 11:17:01 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
As extensive as their datamining is, I'm not surprised they can pinpoint who to lock up in thought jail. Whether or not you go to lobby day could have factored into it, but remember they track everything you look at, how long you look at it, posts you like, posts other people like that like posts that you also liked, who and what they associate with, ect...

That data stacks up, and before you know it they can start piecing together profiles on people easy as pie. That's why I deleted mine years ago, and then it was more because I didn't want them selling it off, but now it's actually being used for pretty malicious purposes like this too.
View Quote

Probably something more mundane like their phone apps & cookies tracking OP back to places like this.

Just walk away, they've marked you for death already.  Sticking around is just a recipe for doxxing & eventual criminal referral.  Sorry if that sounds jaded but it's the truth.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 11:17:21 PM EDT
[#21]
Edit: wrong user
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 11:18:01 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
plaster em with cock pics on the 24th
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 11:18:14 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 11:18:49 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I was banned on Twitter for no reason (I broke no Twitter rules at all) after the day at the Capitol. Wasn’t there.
View Quote

Be honest not a single dick pic? Not one?
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 11:19:29 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

1) Create list of 'troublemakers'
2) Create web-map of followers/associates
3) Flag all accounts X number of degrees of separation from 'troublemakers'

Good old NSA intel practices migrated to the private sector after cross-pollinating in China's tyranny
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 11:20:24 PM EDT
[#26]
Why are you still on Facebook?
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 11:20:32 PM EDT
[#27]
This censorship binge has awoken more people than the naysayers ever could.

Social media will fracture now and a lot of it will end up encrypted.

I bet the cia and nsa are not happy.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 11:22:32 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
It seems perhaps we should ask @Goatboy to de-integrate us from Facebook.
View Quote

He's supposedly working on deactivating the Twitter & Youtube functions, which while convenient, are counterproductive.  I suspect they're trying to replace these with new services that aren't censoring, so members don't lose significant functionality, and that takes time.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 11:24:06 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Why are you still on Facebook?
View Quote

to hassle commies. Ive been trying to get banned but no such luck yet
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 11:24:09 PM EDT
[#30]
Deleted my facebook account years ago, I do not miss it at all!
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 11:24:59 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
This censorship binge has awoken more people than the naysayers ever could.

Social media will fracture now and a lot of it will end up encrypted.

I bet the cia and nsa are not happy.
View Quote

"Dammit, we're gonna have to earn out supper, again!"

As has been said, this is the biggest test yet of the Streisand effect.

"The internet will detect censorship as damage and route around it"

"Beware he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart, he dreams himself your master."
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 11:25:55 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote
They probably already are. The amount of info google tracks is even worse than facebook, and both pretty much know everything about you. I often tell people that google knows when, where, and how often you shit every day, and that's not as much of a joke as I wish it were.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 11:26:16 PM EDT
[#33]
Gab has been growing bigly.   Right now it's pretty frustrating from being so overloaded, but they're working on capacity.

They own their own servers, so no hosting concerns.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 11:28:04 PM EDT
[#34]
Honestly, I have no idea why FB and Twitter are so important to you people.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 11:28:31 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 11:28:52 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 11:31:01 PM EDT
[#37]
No bans here, but I don't post very often on facebook.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 11:31:37 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 11:32:18 PM EDT
[#39]
Same happened to me.

Basically if you have enough data points, they want to prevent you from organizing for any of these upcoming rallies.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 11:32:19 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

I personally only have it because my daughter's school district updates their page first with weather closings and such.  In the past, all I ever did was share BBQ and some vacation pictures with friends.

Some people live on it and share every thought and opinion, which I always thought was a mistake.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 11:35:41 PM EDT
[#41]
I've been getting bans from "Complex Entities Interactions" for no reason. But then again I have about 20 or so 30 day bans and had over a dozen groups removed.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 11:37:14 PM EDT
[#42]
I was banned from Fuckbook and Twitter last week. Wasn’t at the DC protest, but had lots of pro conservative posts on both. My liberal coworkers were ecstatic and point out all of the liberal posts that support their ideology. They haven’t caught on that FB and Twitter have just become sounding boards with no opposing view.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 11:38:06 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 11:38:16 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I was banned from Fuckbook and Twitter last week. Wasn’t at the DC protest, but had lots of pro conservative posts on both. My liberal coworkers were ecstatic and point out all of the liberal posts that support their ideology. They haven’t caught on that FB and Twitter have just become sounding boards with no opposing view.
View Quote

It is their "Little Red (face)Book"
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 11:40:48 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah, never got the appeal. I've heard it all though. I have a smart phone. If I need to tell someone something then I can call or text them or text in a group. If I want some friends to see pics of my outdoor adventure trips, shooting matches, etc then I'll text them high resolution pics. I don't need EVERYONE on the internet seeing them.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 11:41:09 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote
It's engineered to be integral to daily life at this point, much like google's services, as they've basically cornered the market on things like Facebook marketplace and as an instant messaging service. That's on top of it being configured to be as psychologically addictive to each individual user as possible. I do get on my soap box and tell people to quit "x,y and z" all day, but honestly I understand why it's a challenge for many.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 11:41:47 PM EDT
[#47]
Not only are you banned but you’re on another list now too. It’s all good.
I’ve never had a Facebook or Twitter account and I’m on the list too.
Hell, everyone who posts here and has made one post identifying themselves as a conservative is on the list.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 11:44:08 PM EDT
[#48]
Why chain yourself to something just because your friends are on it. Why allow yourself to be censored.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 11:47:28 PM EDT
[#49]
I am unbannable as I deleted my account there. Fuck Fuckerburg!
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 11:48:52 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote

Every info is everywhere now.

I was looking at plates the other day (no google search, a link from someone who was recommending a vendor in a thread on here).

Went on Fakebook today (browser tab on my phone, never had the app installed on any device I own) and I am getting slammed with ads for vests, plates etc.

My gut feeling is they have access to everything via backdoors in your devices. I have told this story before, wife and I were looking at the pile of dirt that was our front yard (remodeling and adding on to the house) and we were discussing options for what to do with the yard. Flowerbeds/landscaping, hardscape, artificial turf were all talked about.

Abt 5 minutes later I went to fakebook on my phone and there were suddenly ads for artificial turf. Neither her or I had ever searched for artificial turf in our lives yet here were ads for it.

I also remember reading a few years ago that they create "ghost profiles" for non members based on proximity to devices of members and other public data.
So if your wife has a fakebook page and you don't, chances are you do have a profile, you just have never seen it.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top