Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/25/2022 9:47:12 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/27/2022 10:31:07 AM EDT
[#1]
You would need some heavy duty springs I would think. But you wouldn’t want them so stout that when you unlocked it the entire top goes flying open in .05 seconds.

Give me a few and let see what I can come up with.
Link Posted: 8/27/2022 11:56:26 AM EDT
[#2]
MissingImage
Failed To Load Product Data

[url=Yonisun 1-5/8 inches Stainless Steel Heavy Duty Screw Eyes Lag Thread - 12 Pcs - Hanging Hooks - Eyebolt [ Hooks Eyes][Screw Eyes] - Small Eyelet Screws https://a.co/d/1sU3HZg]Eye hooks[/url]

Put an eye hook on underside of the top and another eye hook on the opposite long side of the locking mechanism. When you unlock it the springs should pull the top open.   That is how I would start and it would probably get modified from there.
Link Posted: 8/27/2022 5:44:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Hollow legs to hide counter-weights and some eyelet screws could work and wouldn't be as violent as springs.

Some gas struts like for an SUV back glass/liftgate might work, but would have a reduced range of motion.

Fanciest way would be something like a power window mechanism.
Link Posted: 8/27/2022 8:35:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Use car hood lift supports you would just need to find the right length

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top