Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 9/13/2019 7:37:52 PM EDT
I asked her about the new antigun policy that Publix implemented.

She told me that corporate Publix has sent out an official policy that they request people not to open carry in their stores. She went on to say that they will not ask you not to carry and you will not be harassed by store personnel.

She told me to carry any way that I wanted to and don't worry about them saying anything to me about it.

Take that for what it's worth.  This is the Huntsville Alabama area.
Link Posted: 9/13/2019 7:50:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Fuck Publix
Link Posted: 9/13/2019 7:52:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

She told me that corporate Publix has sent out an official policy that they request people not to open carry in their stores. She went on to say that they will not ask you not to carry and you will not be harassed by store personnel.

She told me to carry any way that I wanted to and don't worry about them saying anything to me about it.

View Quote
lol, half the people in that store are probably carrying or got one in the car.
Link Posted: 9/13/2019 7:55:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote
I was in the Wal-Mart in Fayetteville (TN for the rest of y'all) today and saw an older dude with a Vietnam vet hat on open carrying and nobody seemed to give a shit.
Link Posted: 9/13/2019 7:55:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Fuck it.  Im still going to Publix.  I can't keep track of who we're supposed to hate.  And they do a killer cuban (esque) sandwich.

ETA for grammar.
Link Posted: 9/13/2019 7:57:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Fuck it.  Im still going to Publix.  I can't keep track of who we're supposed to hate.  And they do a killer cuban (esque) sandwich.

ETA for grammar.
View Quote
Have you tried the Havana Bold? I can't decide which of the two I like best, it just depends on whether or not I want spicy on a particular day.
Link Posted: 9/13/2019 7:59:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Weird. Every time I open carry in Publix they call the cops.
Link Posted: 9/13/2019 8:01:14 PM EDT
[#7]
When did they announce that, I missed it.
Shame on them.
Link Posted: 9/13/2019 8:01:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote
Hwy 20? Pics of manager?
Link Posted: 9/13/2019 8:02:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Hwy 20? Pics of manager?
View Quote
If I were to guess, it's probably the one on 231/431 in Meridianville.
Link Posted: 9/13/2019 8:03:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Publix prices have gotten too damn high. I go in there for specific items... but the beer aisle needs a personal loan just to make entry.
Link Posted: 9/13/2019 8:04:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Publix prices have gotten too damn high. I go in there for specific items... but the beer aisle needs a personal loan just to make entry.
View Quote
GBPSE
Link Posted: 9/13/2019 8:04:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

ETA for grammar.
View Quote
lol, lot of truth to that,............................ but hating all democrat works for starters.
Link Posted: 9/13/2019 8:04:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
When did they announce that, I missed it.
Shame on them.
View Quote
Yesterday.
Link Posted: 9/13/2019 8:04:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Probably because there is no open carry in Fl?? (Weird. Every time I open carry in Publix they call the cops. )
Link Posted: 9/13/2019 8:07:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I was in the Wal-Mart in Fayetteville (TN for the rest of y'all) today and saw an older dude with a Vietnam vet hat on open carrying and nobody seemed to give a shit.
View Quote
It wasn't me.

Unless you were at the Redstone Federal Credit Union, the TSC or Strong's Liquors anyway.  Oh and I wasn't wearing a Vietnam vet hat either.  
Link Posted: 9/13/2019 8:08:56 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Fuck Publix
View Quote
That's a Georgia/Florida chain right? I don't think I saw them in Virginia and definitely not on the west coast, not that the ones here are any better
Link Posted: 9/13/2019 8:11:20 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hwy 20? Pics of manager?
I'm going with the one on Winchester Road and Homer Nance on the way to New Market.
Link Posted: 9/13/2019 8:12:02 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote
This. They're not really that good and their prices suck. I try to avoid and go to Costco or if I want to pay a lot, Whole Foods. Publix owns Florida, virtual monopoly.
Link Posted: 9/13/2019 8:13:13 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Yesterday.
View Quote
Thanks...
I’m pretty sure, but not positive that they fought the guns at work/ parking lot here in FL as well.
Link Posted: 9/13/2019 8:20:28 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I'm going with the one on Winchester Road and Homer Nance on the way to New Market.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hwy 20? Pics of manager?
Link Posted: 9/13/2019 8:23:03 PM EDT
[#21]
Anti open carry policies are not anti gun, they are anti moron.
Link Posted: 9/13/2019 8:23:51 PM EDT
[#22]
Hell, don't out a friendly manager.  Quit giving out the AO.

Loose lips sink ships.  
Link Posted: 9/13/2019 8:24:56 PM EDT
[#23]
Dude in front of me in line at Publix this morning was open carrying.  No one seemed to care.
Link Posted: 9/13/2019 8:29:02 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote
Bingo. Open carry tards are the equivalent of the flaming dudes wearing feather boas, leather speedos and groping each other at the gay pride rally. Yeah they’re technically on the same team but are embarrassing and hurting the movement.

I carry concealed in Publix all the time. No trouble at all. Funny how that works.
Link Posted: 9/13/2019 8:30:45 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
This. They're not really that good and their prices suck.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This. They're not really that good and their prices suck.
I never shop there, everything I usually buy is cheaper elsewhere.
Link Posted: 9/13/2019 8:37:32 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Dude in front of me in line at Publix this morning was open carrying.  No one seemed to care.
View Quote
I don't think most of the employees, or even the customers, here in southern Middle Tennessee / northern Alabama care. Owning and carrying a gun is pretty normal here in the buckle of the Bible Belt. Unfortunately, it only takes one asshole to see someone open carrying and to complain to a manager for shit to get stupid for someone who was obeying the law. If an anti-gun person sees it and complains, they can force the hand of the manager, and with threats of exposure over social media being what they are, even the most pro-2A store managers aren't likely going to risk their careers over someone who couldn't bother to use their shirt to cover their gun.

If a complaint is made, the manager would hopefully just ask the OC'er to cover up or take their gun out to their car. I can't see any managers around here overreacting and calling the cops and having the person trespassed. But, it does seem the manager of the Lexington, KY WM appears to have done just that recently. I would hope that, if asked by a manager to cover up or take the gun outside, the OC'er would comply. Unfortunately, though, I can also see somebody getting their dander up and creating a scene by screaming, "My rights!", thereby forcing the hand of the manager because the person who complained will be standing there watching, or maybe even filming, ready to escalate it to social media and/or corporate.
Link Posted: 9/13/2019 8:40:07 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Have you tried the Havana Bold? I can't decide which of the two I like best, it just depends on whether or not I want spicy on a particular day.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

ETA for grammar.
I.got a Havana Bold from a girl in college.  Wild night
Link Posted: 9/13/2019 8:41:14 PM EDT
[#28]
People forget that Publix gave lots of money to open/constitutional carry governor candidates here in FL.
Link Posted: 9/13/2019 8:46:45 PM EDT
[#29]
I shop at Kroger, cheaper in direct price comparison with Publix

Wally World is even cheaper for certain items
Link Posted: 9/13/2019 8:48:47 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Fuck Publix
View Quote
Publix is a very good grocery chain run by Conservatives that support Republicans.

The corporate lawyers probably told them to implement that policy to migrate any potential lawsuits if anything ever happened.

It is also managed out of Lakeland Florida.  Florida is one of the few states that don't allow open carry.  Mostly because of the filthy tourist lobby.
Link Posted: 9/13/2019 8:49:34 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote
Should've brought your fishing pole.
Link Posted: 9/13/2019 8:50:06 PM EDT
[#32]
Best date you’ll ever get is a Publix deli worker.

Fun and down to earth
Link Posted: 9/13/2019 8:50:57 PM EDT
[#33]
I'm too trashy to shop at Publix.
Link Posted: 9/13/2019 8:52:39 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I don't think most of the employees, or even the customers, here in southern Middle Tennessee / northern Alabama care. Owning and carrying a gun is pretty normal here in the buckle of the Bible Belt. Unfortunately, it only takes one asshole to see someone open carrying and to complain to a manager for shit to get stupid for someone who was obeying the law. If an anti-gun person sees it and complains, they can force the hand of the manager, and with threats of exposure over social media being what they are, even the most pro-2A store managers aren't likely going to risk their careers over someone who couldn't bother to use their shirt to cover their gun.

If a complaint is made, the manager would hopefully just ask the OC'er to cover up or take their gun out to their car. I can't see any managers around here overreacting and calling the cops and having the person trespassed. But, it does seem the manager of the Lexington, KY WM appears to have done just that recently. I would hope that, if asked by a manager to cover up or take the gun outside, the OC'er would comply. Unfortunately, though, I can also see somebody getting their dander up and creating a scene by screaming, "My rights!", thereby forcing the hand of the manager because the person who complained will be standing there watching, or maybe even filming, ready to escalate it to social media and/or corporate.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed. Those kids at the Woolworth lunch counter should have just quietly left when they were asked to stop exercising their rights.
Link Posted: 9/13/2019 8:53:39 PM EDT
[#35]
Birmingham?  Dude, you better carry.
Link Posted: 9/13/2019 9:13:04 PM EDT
[#36]
I carried a gun when I worked for Publix
Link Posted: 9/13/2019 9:19:42 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote
Wonder if the plate carrier and bandoliers had anything to do with it.
Link Posted: 9/13/2019 9:26:33 PM EDT
[#38]
The two closest grocery stores are Publix and Sprouts.

Sprouts is a gun free zone. I don't shop at Sprouts.

Publix.... I shop there every week, and have for the past 14 years. I spend $1k - $1300 per month at our Publix. The staff know me and my son by name. The butchers always hook me up with whatever I need (within the limits of what they have access to). Publix has stepped up and helped out in the community a great deal, especially after historic flooding in 2010. The store hires a bunch of the local kids that attend the nearby christian private school.

I'm glad they didn't go full retard and ban all firearms like Sprouts does, as I'd rather not live in a food desert. Publix is an out of state corporation, but our local Publix is an integral part of our community. Most weeks my son and I check out in the same lane with the same cashier for the past 7+ years. I don't think I have it in me to boycott Publix.
Link Posted: 9/13/2019 9:34:55 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote
Hammer/Nail.
Link Posted: 9/13/2019 9:50:11 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Agreed. Those kids at the Woolworth lunch counter should have just quietly left when they were asked to stop exercising their rights.
View Quote
Put your money and freedom where your keyboard is. You're in Florida, the corporate home of Publix. I imagine it won't be hard to find a store close to you where you can open carry, defying not just the corporate policy, but state law, as well. Let us know how it works out for you as you begin the modern Civil Rights Crusade.
Link Posted: 9/13/2019 9:59:17 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote
Move to a free state!
Link Posted: 9/13/2019 10:18:34 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hwy 20? Pics of manager?
That's where I shop.  Don't you fuckers be causing any problems there, aiiiight?  

Next time I see someone open carrying in there, I'm gonna sneak up behind them and whisper "beans or no beans" and it probably won't be you.  Then I'll feel really stupid...  
Link Posted: 9/13/2019 10:57:50 PM EDT
[#43]
Is "Publix" a brand of condom that you're not supposed to hang out in "public?"
Link Posted: 9/13/2019 11:29:27 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote
If chik fil a  ran grocery stores they'd be called Publix.
Link Posted: 9/13/2019 11:32:20 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote
Because you didn't bring a fishing pole in and head to the seafood aisle...

So. Drop a bobber and some bait in the lobster tank. Voila problem solved.
Link Posted: 9/13/2019 11:35:26 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote
Publix is a grocery store.
However... it's not their groceries that they are great for.
No no.
Their fried chicken is fucking orgasmic!

Everyone raves about their subs... nah... their fried chicken is out of this world.
Link Posted: 9/13/2019 11:36:46 PM EDT
[#47]
I've been armed so many times in Publix I ran out of extremities to count with.
Link Posted: 9/14/2019 1:06:55 AM EDT
[#48]
I always carry in Publix and Walmart. In Florida it pretty much has to be concealed so there hasn't been any change here. There are no signs at the door or anything. And even if there were, they have no weight of law here, all they can do is ask you to leave. If you refuse,  then they can trespass you.  But concealed is concealed here and remains so.
Link Posted: 9/14/2019 1:11:52 AM EDT
[#49]
Pics of OP's haircut?
Link Posted: 9/14/2019 1:15:16 AM EDT
[#50]
I'm sure  that Aldi will be fine with you open carrying in their stores, LOL!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top