Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/5/2023 10:48:44 PM EDT
I was asked to come out to a site where a company is doing a modernization and conversion of an old textile mill into an apartment/living biome complex to relocate some rat snakes that had taken up residence in one of the buildings.  I hit it off well with the job foreman and the owner and I was invited to come back out this afternoon and shoot some photos of the areas that they haven't touched yet.  Here are a few interesting shots.  The color images I edited to resemble Kodachrome.  It just felt right.  The black and whites I edited to bring out the contrast.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 6/5/2023 11:12:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Urimaginaryfrnd] [#1]
Paul Simon - Kodachrome (+lyrics)
Link Posted: 6/5/2023 11:14:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BrickWurX] [#2]
Very cool.
Age of building?

(Edited to guess 1900-1920's, maybe earlier, from what I can see in pics.)

(Edit again cause I reread the post 2-3 times, yet didn't catch the build year in the title. I have the dumb.)
Link Posted: 6/5/2023 11:17:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By BrickWurX:
Very cool.
Age of building?
View Quote

Guessing it’s about 125 years old…since it was built in 1898.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 12:24:03 PM EDT
[#4]
I dig old buildings...
I know the two story building my office is in, is over a 100 years old..
Supposedly, a few of the buildings on the court square are built in the mid to late 1800s..

TL:DR
A History Of Fredericktown Missouri

Link Posted: 6/8/2023 3:32:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top