Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/28/2018 6:39:45 PM EDT
I bought this minibike off of craigslist to have something to ride around on my place. Being the lazy bastage that I am, I got to thinking how nice it would be to have a trailer behind it to haul firewood from my barn to my house instead of pulling a wagon by hand. It's downhill to the barn, which makes it uphill back to the house.

I bought two 3/4" Heim joints for the "ball" and mounted one to the back of the hitch frame. The other will be mounted on the dedicated wood hauling cart to give it some decent articulation.

I ran out of red paint at the most inopportune time and had to resort to the only other can of paint in the shop.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 7:06:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Is that the Coleman ct200 minibike? How do you like it. Thinking about getting one to zip around the place. Great idea to add the hitch and make it useful too.
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 7:14:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Is that the Coleman ct200 minibike? How do you like it. Thinking about getting one to zip around the place. Great idea to add the hitch and make it useful too.
View Quote
Good eye! Yes it is the ct200u.  I bought it used for $200 and it's like new. I weigh 280# and it pulls my big ass around very easily. It'll pull what amounts to wheel barrow full of wood; and my weight, on flat ground with ease.
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 12:46:43 AM EDT
[#3]
If it wouldn’t wheelie before...
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 5:43:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Neat and a can of white paint and it will look patriotic

Want to see video of it pulling
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 6:14:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Post pics when you get the cart all hooked up.  I have a couple of the colemans, and have been thinking about a hitch.
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 4:39:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Attachment Attached File

This is the wheels that I fabricated on some old hubs from harbor freight wheels.

Attachment Attached File

The hitch is two heim joints.  One stays on the bike and the other keeps the connector pin and hair pin cotter.

Attachment Attached File

The rig with a load of wood.

Attachment Attached File

An exceptional specimen of manhood.
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 4:46:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Looks like a fine yard-rutter

Link Posted: 12/15/2018 8:22:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Looks good.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top