Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/11/2022 10:19:03 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/12/2022 12:12:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Most the noise you hear is not from the exhaust but the motor. You will never get it quiet enough to hear anything breaking brush or not having the deer hear you within 1k yds. Good news is if you drive year round where you hunt the deer become accustom to it.
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 9:18:15 AM EDT
[#2]
I clamped one of these on my RZR 800 muffler. It did quiet it down some. It wasn’t incredible but was noticeable. I agree a lot of the sound is just engine noise.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00BBJTNZW
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 9:48:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Yeah small engines are pretty noisy, those are water cooled which helps but it's still thin aluminum.

Years ago I wasted much time, money and effort trying to quite down a generator with an air cooled 8hp Briggs engine. I manifolded 4 mufflers together and packed them with dirt bike muffler packing. It didn't help much at all.

Link Posted: 5/13/2022 9:56:54 AM EDT
[#4]
As stated a lot of the noise is from the engine. Yeah unfortunately I don't think there's much you can do.
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 5:28:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top