Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/26/2024 7:19:30 PM EDT
I bought a new bronco a year and a half ago, in the first month the paper license plate fell off.  I never replaced it with the supplied plate, nor the little sticker that goes on the new plate (Arizona).

I have been in front of cops at lights hundreds of times, never pulled over.

I don't really stop at stop lights, I stop, make sure nothing is coming then proceed through the light.   I realized my invisibility to police today when I noticed I did this with a cop directly behind me at the light.

Have I discovered a life cheat code, or are police not pulling people over as much or has it just been an amazing string of luck, where I ought to go buy a lotto ticket?
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 7:20:17 PM EDT
[#1]
They assume you're one of those sovereign citizens and they just don't feel like dealing with that today.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 7:21:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By NotJackMiller:
They assume you're one of those sovereign citizens and they just don't feel like dealing with that today.
View Quote

I'm not though.  At this point I simply am waiting to see if I ever do get pulled over.

But, maybe thats their mindset?
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 7:21:42 PM EDT
[#3]
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/26/2024 7:22:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Now that you said something, you’re probably gonna get nailed tomorrow.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 7:22:48 PM EDT
[#5]
that FPNI thing.

Keep travelin' OP.

Link Posted: 4/26/2024 7:24:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Holy shit.
Stopping then proceeding through a red with a cop behind you?
Enjoy the immunity while you can.
Karma will catch up.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 7:25:55 PM EDT
[#7]
OJ_bronco_chase.gif
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 7:26:21 PM EDT
[#8]
View Quote

Yep.. he's traveling, not driving so sovereign immunity applies.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 7:26:51 PM EDT
[#9]
You drive a Bronco.

They just figure you are gay and don't want to deal with a drama llama.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 7:27:54 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm in a similar situation. Haven't been pulled over in over a decade (I don't drive erratically). I assume there's some database error and my plates are listed as diplomatic
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 7:28:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By GilTPayne:
I bought a new bronco a year and a half ago, in the first month the paper license plate fell off.  I never replaced it with the supplied plate, nor the little sticker that goes on the new plate (Arizona).

I don't really stop at stop lights, I stop, make sure nothing is coming then proceed through the light.   I realized my invisibility to police today when I noticed I did this with a cop directly behind me at the light.

Have I discovered a life cheat code, or are police not pulling people over as much or has it just been an amazing string of luck, where I ought to go buy a lotto ticket?
View Quote

That would definitely get you a ticket around here. Also, driving without a license plate would get you another ticket.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 7:30:42 PM EDT
[#12]
No plates and running a red light. He probably thinks it's stolen and doesn't want to get into a gunfight.

Reminds me of this scene.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 7:32:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By HappyCamel:
I'm in a similar situation. Haven't been pulled over in over a decade (I don't drive erratically). I assume there's some database error and my plates are listed as diplomatic
View Quote

Never thought of that.  I drive like an old lady, other than the whole not really wanting to stop at lights thing.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 7:34:24 PM EDT
[#14]
The cop feels bad enough for you that you drive a Ford.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 7:34:26 PM EDT
[#15]
What time of day are you driving? Not sure how it is these days but back 40+ years ago in SoCal near the end of a shift on your way back in, you had blinders on. No one wanted the headache of more paperwork to do before you could go home. "I see nussing, I hear nussing." I wonder how it is today with full blown computers (not just terminals) and the interwebz.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 7:36:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By veritas8985:
The cop feels bad enough for you that you drive a Ford.
View Quote

I agree with him 100%, truly do not like it.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 7:52:02 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 7:54:03 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By UV18:
You drive a Bronco.

They just figure you are gay and don't want to deal with a drama llama.
View Quote

Lol!
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 7:54:10 PM EDT
[#19]
Should probably stop going through red lights so you don’t accidentally kill someone
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 7:58:47 PM EDT
[#20]

View Quote

Are you in CA? If so that's why
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 8:02:47 PM EDT
[#21]
Come to south tx where it's infested with dps and don't wear your seat belt.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 8:03:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Pair_of_ACES] [#22]
Police traffic stops are reportedly down like 70 percent since Covid. Police don’t want to screw with risking being the next guy to end up on YouTube and the nightly news for disrespecting some minority.

That, or they see your Bronco and assume you’re on the prowl for anal sex.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 8:08:29 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 8:08:56 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By gearsmithy:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Arizona.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 8:09:49 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Pair_of_ACES:
Police traffic stops are reportedly down like 70 percent since Covid. Police don’t want to screw with risking being the next guy to end up on YouTube and the nightly news for disrespecting some minority.

View Quote

Painfully white, I am a waver, I always wave at the local police and if Selma Hyack consented, I would be all over her for some anal.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 8:10:50 PM EDT
[#26]
RIP
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 8:12:06 PM EDT
[#27]

Lol
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 8:12:20 PM EDT
[#28]

Painfully white, I am a waver, I always wave at the local police and if Selma Hyack consented, I would be all over her for some anal.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Pair_of_ACES:

Lol
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 8:12:56 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Scrote:

Lol
View Quote

A man's gotta dream, even if he drives a bronco.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 8:14:44 PM EDT
[#30]

View All Quotes

Lol

About the anal?

Hers, yours or both?
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 8:17:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cedjunior] [#31]
They just don't care. Last year I had to replace a headlamp bulb in my car which is a big to do. I was 6 days over my inspection/ registration expiration and I'm worried I'm going to get pulled over. Meanwhile people with paper license plates that "expired" in 2020 are driving around with impunity.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 8:18:34 PM EDT
[#32]
Gotta stop crossdressing OP, the cops will only think you're a hot chick for so long.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 8:28:02 PM EDT
[#33]
They're probably on their phones.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 8:29:26 PM EDT
[#34]

About the anal?

Hers, yours or both?
View All Quotes

Lol

About the anal?

Hers, yours or both?

From her, I'll take what I can get.    You wouldn't?
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 8:30:42 PM EDT
[#35]
Gotta stop crossdressing OP, the cops will only think you're a hot chick for so long.
View Quote

Problem is I am a painfully ugly guy and I shudder to think exactly how ugly I would be as a woman.

Cops around here are pulling the hot chicks and I'm not one of them, so, there's that.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 8:33:58 PM EDT
[#36]

View All Quotes

Lol

About the anal?

Hers, yours or both?

I'd let you bang me if I get to bang her...

Link Posted: 4/26/2024 8:37:20 PM EDT
[#37]
My "Never Stopped by Police" vehicle was a 1987 Diplomat ex undercover police car.

People would drive weird around me and no matter how I drove it the cops always just waved at me.

I had rebuilt the carburetor so to test it out I was blitzing out of town at 75, the speed limit was 25, as I passed an intersection a Louisiana State Trooper had just stopped at the stop sign.

I thought oh shit...

He just waved.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 8:37:44 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Concentricity:
Now that you said something, you’re probably gonna get nailed tomorrow.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/26/2024 8:47:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Darrellbear] [#39]
Go to Pinal County and run into Fridays With Frank.  He'd love to have a word with you:

Fridays With Frank 24: Stay out of Pinal County

Fridays With Frank 92: 121 Miles Per Hour

Colorado got lax with license/registrations when COVID hit.  They still haven't got back with it, lots driving around w/o valid registration, etc.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 8:49:37 PM EDT
[#40]
I worked with a guy who owned an RV he used to go fishing once a year. He'd drive from the Twin Cities to northern Minnesota. One year he he got the renewal and thought he'd wait to pay until he went on the trip. He forgot.  Next year he did the same thing, and the next. When he went on his trips, he didn't remember about the plates, and just drove.

He got pulled over finally with plates 4 years expired. He got a ticket for it. On the way back from fishing, he got pulled over again. This time, he showed the officer his ticket, and was let go with a verbal warning.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 8:51:57 PM EDT
[#41]

View Quote

wtf.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 8:57:07 PM EDT
[#42]
In Arizona? Very few cops have the time or inclination for traffic. Maybe DPS still does it. Some agencies have “traffic cars” that do traffic enforcement but mostly they just get sent for a few days to areas where citizens are complaining about the absence of traffic stops.

Basically you are right OP. Cops are busy with calls for service, and cops are wearing a BWC so they don’t want to get dragged into some complaint or procedural mine field like a DUI.

Traffic stops ain’t a thing anymore.

Mostly. You’ll eventually find the guy who didn’t get the word.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 9:00:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jonny762] [#43]
That's pretty stupid, but good luck. Me, I get pulled over every few months it seems like, but somehow never get ticketed. Always for speed. I just have my license/registration/insurance in hand when they get to the car, windows down (my tint is technically too dark, so I lower the back too), own up to it, apologize and say I'll be more careful. Half the time they don't even want the paperwork and just say to slow it down. I did catch a 71 in a 55 like two years ago.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 9:01:31 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By HK-GUY45:
Should probably stop going through red lights so you don’t accidentally kill someone
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/26/2024 9:10:04 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By BobP:

I worked with a guy who owned an RV he used to go fishing once a year. He'd drive from the Twin Cities to northern Minnesota. One year he he got the renewal and thought he'd wait to pay until he went on the trip. He forgot.  Next year he did the same thing, and the next. When he went on his trips, he didn't remember about the plates, and just drove.

He got pulled over finally with plates 4 years expired. He got a ticket for it. On the way back from fishing, he got pulled over again. This time, he showed the officer his ticket, and was let go with a verbal warning.
View Quote

Tags have gone waaaay up in price im my area. A friend of mine just let his expire. He figures if he gets a ticket he'll go renew the next day and the ticket will probably get tossed.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 9:11:37 PM EDT
[#46]
Drink ten beers and keep a shotgun in the passenger seat.  You're just not interesting enough for them to consider getting off their asses and creating joinder.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 9:17:40 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By McGuy:

Tags have gone waaaay up in price im my area. A friend of mine just let his expire. He figures if he gets a ticket he'll go renew the next day and the ticket will probably get tossed.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By McGuy:
Originally Posted By BobP:

I can tell you that in VA if a ticket is issued you'll pay one way or another. If you go to court the judge may drop the ticket since the issue was fixed but still charge you court costs. They may not drop the ticket and charge you for that and the court costs.

This seemed to change after government cutbacks due to 9/11. Prior to 9/11 every non-moving violation I had was thrown out when I proved I had fixed the issue before going to court. After 9/11 I paid court costs on every one and sometimes the ticket costs.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 9:18:15 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By FightingHellfish:
In Arizona? Very few cops have the time or inclination for traffic. Maybe DPS still does it. Some agencies have "traffic cars" that do traffic enforcement but mostly they just get sent for a few days to areas where citizens are complaining about the absence of traffic stops.

Basically you are right OP. Cops are busy with calls for service, and cops are wearing a BWC so they don't want to get dragged into some complaint or procedural mine field like a DUI.

Traffic stops ain't a thing anymore.

Mostly. You'll eventually find the guy who didn't get the word.
View Quote
i saw a great documentary about this once.

Link Posted: 4/26/2024 11:08:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AmishElectrician] [#49]
You run red lights with no tag? LOL

They probably think you're going to run. Around here they almost never do "real" pursuits anymore unless its felony charges. By the time the pursuit gets going the sergeant is always ready to call them off. The days of running perps down for traffic tickets are over. Too much risk, well too much for anyone but Arkansas state police LOL

Also with post floyd police reform some more liberal agencies straight up ignore certain infractions altogether
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 11:11:24 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top