Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/7/2021 9:06:58 PM EDT
If I have Tricare Retiree Select and VA coverage, should I keep paying for Blue Cross/Blue Shield?
Link Posted: 10/10/2021 8:33:32 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm seriously prejudiced AGAINST Blue double Cross/Blue Shield.

I'd keep VA and Tricare.
If you need something to fill in any blanks I'd go to Any Other Insurance company beside Blue.

Link Posted: 10/10/2021 8:37:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Is that different than Tticare Retired Reserve? That shit is EXPENSIVE!
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 1:36:49 PM EDT
[#3]
I'd say it depends on your area of the country and your coverage.

Fiance has a hell of a time finding places that accept coverage in this area. I've got work backed BCBS, and have yet to find a place that doesn't take it. Apparently companies like to tell you what you're going to pay instead of being told how much they've got to accept.

Also worth noting that when she can use it, she can use other coverage to cover things that tricare doesn't.
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 11:27:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By NoMoAMMO:
Is that different than Tticare Retired Reserve? That shit is EXPENSIVE!
View Quote

Yes, and damn right it is.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 7:00:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Just wait until you turn  65 and find out you no longer have access to Tricare Select but have to purchase Medicare if you want to keep Tricare for Life.

I have lifetime VA coverage but my wife needs to stay on Tricare.
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 11:44:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By sandblaster:
Just wait until you turn  65 and find out you no longer have access to Tricare Select but have to purchase Medicare if you want to keep Tricare for Life.

I have lifetime VA coverage but my wife needs to stay on Tricare.
View Quote

Good point.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top