Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/16/2022 11:08:46 AM EDT
So, years ago, I purchased some crypto, Etherium, Tron, and BNB, on Binance.com. Left it there to simmer.
Then Binance.com started Binance.US, and decided that all US residents needed to move their coins off B.com, and gave me 7 days to get it done.

I had an account on Coinbase from back in the day, so decided to use their Wallet app to store my coins, because Binance.US will not qualify me, as their 'address check' is choking on my address - long story.

Anyway, I transfer minimum amounts from B.com to my CB wallet to test it, and also to learn the process.
This worked ok - the TRX and BNB was almost instant, and the ETH took a couple hours, as suspected, as ETH apparently is always slower, and more expensive to transfer.

That all appeared to be ok, so time to move the larger amounts. TRX and BNB moved fast, using the same recommended xfer mechanism, but when I transferred my bulk of ETH from B.com, I received a thing called ART 'apply rich token', in the value of 0.576ART for my 0.98 ETH.

Further research shows that ART is not being currently traded.

Binance.com says 'withdraw was successful' talk to recipient.

Anybody got any ideas how I can get my ETH back?

TL:dr
xferred small TRX, BNB, ETH to coinbase wallet successfully as a test.
xferred larger amounts, TRX, BNB, ok.
xferred larger ETH, received this thingy called ART.

Help.

ETA

or what is this ART thingy? stands for Apply Rich Token.

Link Posted: 4/16/2022 11:55:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Tag
Link Posted: 4/16/2022 12:01:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Which transfer mechanism did you use?
Link Posted: 4/16/2022 12:29:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Which transfer mechanism did you use?
View Quote

BEP20 - I think. cannot find that now, as Binance.com has locked me out now that my account is empty.

Link Posted: 4/16/2022 2:17:25 PM EDT
[#4]
You should still be able to see your transaction history.

I downloaded all mine from several years ago in January
Link Posted: 4/16/2022 3:50:42 PM EDT
[#5]
OK, I found a transaction where I received the ETH.

But it came in the form of a "Binance-Peg Ethereum Token" that are Tokens that are wrapped and pegged by Binance .

How do I convert these to plain ol' ETH? This was all done on the BNB chain, or so I thought.

Link Posted: 4/22/2022 6:21:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
OK, I found a transaction where I received the ETH.

But it came in the form of a "Binance-Peg Ethereum Token" that are Tokens that are wrapped and pegged by Binance .

How do I convert these to plain ol' ETH? This was all done on the BNB chain, or so I thought.

View Quote

Do you have the Tx hash (transaction ID) for the transfer?  PM me if you prefer.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top