Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/16/2021 11:46:40 PM EDT
I was listening to this radio story today.  The person was interviewing a black lady who grew up in Russia.  Her Jewish grandmother and Black grandfather had moved there because in the 1930s Russia propaganda was that the USA was racist and Russia was not.

Of course eventually when they became full citizens and weren't getting bonus stuff as foreigners, life kinda sucked.  Anyways this lady was talking about all the dumb shit people would do - like were surprised that after sleeping on white sheets they weren't dirty.  BUT she chalked this up to ignorance not racism.

The american lady who was interviewing her was always cutting back to commenting about the interview, like she let the audience know that to her ignorance WAS racism.

anyways, at the end she gives this line  "I feel threatened on behalf of all my black friends"

I can see being 'outraged, sad, angry, proud, and many other emotions on behalf of someone else, watching how they are treated'

I don't think you can fell threatened on behalf of someone else.  Just like you can feel sexually aroused on behalf of someone else, or repulsed on behalf of someone else.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:52:23 PM EDT
[#1]
She’s liberal, so she has to be a victim, even if she has to latch onto others victimhood.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:59:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Had to be on NPR
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:01:57 AM EDT
[#3]
It's one of the lefty's biggest schticks: claiming to be offended/threatened/etc on someone else's behalf.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:05:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Took me a moment to figure out what you were talking about.  The way you wrote that I thought she was always dirty in Russia and got sheets dirty. But in America maybe was cleaner. And sheets stayed clean. lol.  Kinda funny.

I guess I would make a terrible liberal. Not racist enough I suppose.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:05:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 4:16:22 AM EDT
[#6]
I feel outraged on behalf of my black friends that she feels entitled to feel threatened on their behalf.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 4:29:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I feel outraged on behalf of my black friends that she feels entitled to feel threatened on their behalf.
View Quote

Pretty much this.

I remember as a small child the first time I met a black kid.

I rubbed his skin and looked at my finger. It wasn't racism. It was childhood ignorance and curiosity.

We immediately started playing with each other. No big deal. That's what kids do.

Ignorance is no biggie. It's cured by education. It's stupid that is forever.

Link Posted: 1/17/2021 4:32:33 AM EDT
[#8]
You should call in and say it’s victimhood appropriation.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 4:35:04 AM EDT
[#9]
I'm not buying the 1930s Russia not racist narrative.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 4:37:06 AM EDT
[#10]
Didn't read.  You're posting like
A  retard.   Congratulations.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 4:40:07 PM EDT
[#11]
@Bama-Shooter

Where are the cops in this thread?
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 4:46:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Had to be on NPR
View Quote

I've heard it before.  I think it's This American Life.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 4:53:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

Exactly!

Link Posted: 1/17/2021 6:45:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 6:46:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
She’s liberal, so she has to be a victim, even if she has to latch onto others victimhood.
View Quote

FPNI.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top