BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 10/17/2021 12:18:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Oh I'm sure I'll be seeing some asshole towing a camper with this going down the freeway
View Quote
Yeah. Yeah probably.
Link Posted: 10/17/2021 12:26:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Can you get your tallest, fattest buddy to sit in it and see if they fit?
Link Posted: 10/17/2021 12:30:12 AM EDT
[#3]
I was going to offer OP a fist bump or high five cause this was what I was thinking.

Now I just don't know.
Link Posted: 10/17/2021 12:32:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

The Badlands Bronco Sport is ~$38k, so almost twice as much as the Base Maverick. But yeah they should have made the 2L 4cyl standard. Mine has the 1.5L 3 cylinder, and I have to say, put it in Sport Mode and it's pretty quick for a small CUV

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
At least you didn't buy the bronco sport

It's annoying that you can get the Maverick cheaper with the better engine. I think to get into a 2.0 Bronco Sport your almost 10k more than the Maverick because they make you buy a higher trim.

The Badlands Bronco Sport is ~$38k, so almost twice as much as the Base Maverick. But yeah they should have made the 2L 4cyl standard. Mine has the 1.5L 3 cylinder, and I have to say, put it in Sport Mode and it's pretty quick for a small CUV

Yeah I was taking into account the fact that you needed to add the 2.0 and awd which is 4300 I think.
Link Posted: 10/17/2021 12:33:09 AM EDT
[#5]
"4000 pounds"
"towing large loads"

I'll keep my Jeep, it's good for 7200lbs.
Link Posted: 10/17/2021 12:35:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Some people aren't interested in pulling an overpriced camper they'll only use a few times, don't work construction, and aren't morbidly obese, but would like a light duty truck.
View Quote

Strange flex on real truck owners. I like your spunk, misguided as it is.
Link Posted: 10/17/2021 12:42:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Does the rear seat fold down, to give you a cargo area in the cab?
Link Posted: 10/17/2021 4:02:03 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Oh I’m sure I’ll be seeing some asshole towing a camper with this going down the freeway
View Quote

Won't be any different than the Tacoma struggling to pull the Single axle camper while dragging their ass end.
Link Posted: 10/17/2021 7:00:58 AM EDT
[#9]
What makes me laugh about sexual insults towards a vehicle is that those making them invariably drive big trucks to attract the attention of other men. There is a term for men who are seeking the attention of other men.

I wish that I had the ability to track the use of 100,000 pickups in the US to chart how much time the average one spends off-road,carrying a load in its bed,towing anything regardless of weight and carrying more than 1 occupant. Obviously if your job is to tow 2 tons up a muddy trail every day you are not going to choose a Maverick. However I doubt that 2 bags of mulch really care that they weren’t transported home in a lifted diesel F250. Yes,I know that everyone on Arf drags their road grader behind them all across their ranch the size of Luxembourg every day but in the real world a bunch of people just want a utility vehicle and this is a fantastic option for them.

I own a 24 year old manual  Hilux with power nothing. It still does 98% of the things I need a small truck to do. It can move motorcycles and appliances and take me fishing,it doesn’t need to be a reflection of my character and sexuality and doesn’t have to carry my ego around in the otherwise empty bed. The emotional reaction so many have is fascinating and bizarre,it’s like a personal attack in vehicular form as if it’s this fear that someone who can function with a smaller vehicle is somehow superior or something.
Link Posted: 10/17/2021 7:10:41 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Thanks for posting pictures.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/17/2021 7:14:24 AM EDT
[#11]
The only Maverick I knew about was the one from the 70's and I had one.
Link Posted: 10/17/2021 7:23:57 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
What makes me laugh about sexual insults towards a vehicle is that those making them invariably drive big trucks to attract the attention of other men. There is a term for men who are seeking the attention of other men.

I wish that I had the ability to track the use of 100,000 pickups in the US to chart how much time the average one spends off-road,carrying a load in its bed,towing anything regardless of weight and carrying more than 1 occupant. Obviously if your job is to tow 2 tons up a muddy trail every day you are not going to choose a Maverick. However I doubt that 2 bags of mulch really care that they weren’t transported home in a lifted diesel F250. Yes,I know that everyone on Arf drags their road grader behind them all across their ranch the size of Luxembourg every day but in the real world a bunch of people just want a utility vehicle and this is a fantastic option for them.

I own a 24 year old manual  Hilux with power nothing. It still does 98% of the things I need a small truck to do. It can move motorcycles and appliances and take me fishing,it doesn’t need to be a reflection of my character and sexuality and doesn’t have to carry my ego around in the otherwise empty bed. The emotional reaction so many have is fascinating and bizarre,it’s like a personal attack in vehicular form as if it’s this fear that someone who can function with a smaller vehicle is somehow superior or something.
View Quote

Spot on. Better yet, they'll state they'd buy the shit out of a stripped down Hilux like yours but buy brodozers instead.
Link Posted: 10/17/2021 7:28:55 AM EDT
[#13]
No idea how they run or what kind of mpg they get.

I looked at them awhile back on line.  

If I was in the market for a new vehicle for my wife I'd be looking at the carbonized gray with the turbo 4 cylinder, 8 spd. automatic, AWD, etc.  I like the interior pictures/colors.  I like the color (just bought a 2021 F250 with the carbonized gray paint and FX/4 package).

For me, it would have to have a camper shell on the back to keep stuff dry when it rains/snows.  Damn, those are expensive.
Link Posted: 10/17/2021 7:32:08 AM EDT
[#14]
Straight front axle or V-8 option?
Link Posted: 10/17/2021 7:34:13 AM EDT
[#15]
Are you planning on taking it off-road OP ?

If so, good luck.
Link Posted: 10/17/2021 8:30:14 AM EDT
[#16]
Keep us updated on how it runs OP, I am about to order a carbonized grey FX4.  Love that it's roughly the size of the old 2004 Ranger I had awhile back.  
Link Posted: 10/17/2021 9:10:36 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
How many spark plugs have blown out so far?

Have the cam phasers shit the bed yet?
View Quote

They put 5.4s in these?
Link Posted: 10/17/2021 9:48:22 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

The hilux is probably diesel. I am more jelly of your hilux diesel.
Link Posted: 10/17/2021 10:13:37 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

If so, good luck.
View Quote

To most people "off road" means driving on the dirt road the county road grader just cleaned up.
Link Posted: 10/17/2021 10:17:03 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

To most people "off road" means driving on the dirt road the county road grader just cleaned up.
View Quote
Truth, my old Prius probably saw more non pavement than 1/2 the wranglers sold.
Link Posted: 10/17/2021 10:21:09 AM EDT
[#21]
Good Lord....I'd sooner grow a Duck Dy-Nasty beard and tool around in a '89 Ford Ranger with a wind deflector on the front of the hood and a "in loving memory of" sticker on the back window.....And I'm a KIA Soul owner.
Link Posted: 10/17/2021 10:32:23 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I approve of these posts.

The Maverick in my username is from a Maverick car with a 302.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Had a ‘71 with a 302 in it. Fast, fun, that being said, the new Maverick shoulda been named the Courier.

I approve of these posts.

The Maverick in my username is from a Maverick car with a 302.

With 140hp?

Link Posted: 10/17/2021 10:34:53 AM EDT
[#23]
I see from one of the videos posted that it has Push Button Start (at least the Lariat trim), does it have that stupid Start-Stop technology? My car is 6 years old and I'm not looking forward to replacing it with a new vehicle saddled with that.
Link Posted: 10/17/2021 10:37:46 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

I would +1 this post. Too many people carry their huge egos around in their truck beds and belittle other men for choosing a different tool that they deemed appropriate for their needs. The Maverick is going to be one of those tools. For so many people that buy trucks (of any size) a Maverick will likely be capable of 90+% of actual USE. I traded a '17 Tacoma in on a '20 Ridgeline and absolutely love it. It does everything I need (hauls my paramotor gear around, hauls my bike, and should I pick up a camper in the future, it'll tow just fine), and it's superior in every way that matters to me (ride, comfort, room, utility, features, etc).

So I don't really care what other men think about it or me, because there's a word for that like outofbattery points out!
Link Posted: 10/17/2021 10:38:31 AM EDT
[#25]
People don't seem to realize this is a 90s Ford Ranger/Chevy S-10 replacement.

Commute to work without costing a fortune.
Trips to the dump.
Trips to home depot for residential sized loads.
Towing small cargo trailer or jet skis.

It's not meant to haul a boat, go up a mountain ridge, or be a commercial vehicle.
Link Posted: 10/17/2021 10:38:44 AM EDT
[#26]
You should have got the Mercury Comet.  Same basic vehicle and the cost is a bit more, but the trim package is a lot nicer.
Link Posted: 10/17/2021 10:43:40 AM EDT
[#27]
your husband wouldnt let you wait for a Santa Cruz?
Link Posted: 10/17/2021 11:09:59 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
your husband wouldnt let you wait for a Santa Cruz?
View Quote

Yours didn't tell you the Santa Cruz has been out for a few weeks already?
Link Posted: 10/17/2021 11:17:16 AM EDT
[#29]
Enjoy it OP. There's an ass for every seat.

Was in a small Ford/Lincoln dealer in Oregon at the start of the month. They had 4 cars including a Maverick and a Bronco on the showroom floor.  I was more impressed with the Maverick than the Bronco. The Maverick looked like what a small truck used to be, and sat comfortably enough for me and my SIL. She's going to buy either a Maverick or the new Hyundai pickup in the next couple months.

I'll be flamed for this but I've seen the new Bronco up close now a couple of times. I can afford one, and would never own one. Looks like hammered dogshit.
Link Posted: 10/17/2021 11:31:50 AM EDT
[#30]
I'm kind of surprised how fast they got Mavericks out to dealers considering how long the Bronco took/is taking them.
Link Posted: 10/17/2021 11:32:37 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree. Hell I'll bet I've taken my Harley down more non paved (usually washboarded) dirt roads traveling through Nevada than most Jeeps around here.
Link Posted: 10/17/2021 11:40:42 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I'm kind of surprised how fast they got Mavericks out to dealers considering how long the Bronco took/is taking them.
View Quote

I thought the maverick had been in production in other markets for some time.
Link Posted: 10/17/2021 11:46:45 AM EDT
[#33]
I've got a loaded out Lariat ordered since June the 9th,, no build date yet, though. I am older [77], retired, don't go off-roading, 175 lbs., and will use mine to get groceries with. This should be a nice truck for this,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Link Posted: 10/17/2021 11:54:25 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I see from one of the videos posted that it has Push Button Start (at least the Lariat trim), does it have that stupid Start-Stop technology? My car is 6 years old and I'm not looking forward to replacing it with a new vehicle saddled with that.
View Quote

Did my own research, looks like it DOES have Start-Stop, but people are hoping this company has a solution like they do with the other Ford models - https://www.autostopeliminator.com/

That's pretty neat, especially since it isn't a permanent mod.
Link Posted: 10/17/2021 11:55:14 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

It is a commuter vehicle that you can put messy stuff in the back. It makes a lot more sense that full size pickups for the average suburban guy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Saw those, look cool on the inside but lack of any functionality had me scratching my head.
Off-road no
Haul no
Tow no
Inside room also no
I don’t get it

It is a commuter vehicle that you can put messy stuff in the back. It makes a lot more sense that full size pickups for the average suburban guy.

That's how I look at it...

I don't go off-roading or trail riding but I do need t0 move things between a rural and urban settings...

and its not $50,000.00+
Link Posted: 10/17/2021 12:00:39 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

I am 6'4" my car is a Honda Fit...

The man makes the car the car doesn't make the man (or truck)

I have never understood how a vehicle makes others see people as less than them...or question their sexuality based on a vehicle.

people are weird...
Link Posted: 10/17/2021 12:02:52 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

If so, good luck.
View Quote

Percentage wise a lot of truck owners never take their trucks off raod... And a lot of them that take truck off pavement consider a bad dirt road with mud "off road"
Link Posted: 10/17/2021 12:27:41 PM EDT
[#38]
Sweet crossover bro!
Link Posted: 10/17/2021 12:43:18 PM EDT
[#39]
I like it.
Link Posted: 10/17/2021 12:51:58 PM EDT
[#40]
I think it will sell well, it's a good vehicle for urban areas  and such, it's not meant or designed to be an off road truck.
Link Posted: 10/17/2021 12:57:47 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

Vehicles can be utilitarian or fun or both. For a long time I had a F250 and a little saturn for commuting. The saturn was gay as hell and I didn't enjoy driving it, but it saved me money and kept miles off my truck. I put a kleenex box and teddy bears in the back window. Never once got pulled over for speeding.

These days I couldn't get up my driveway in most factory equipped 4WDs when the weather is good. In the winter I have to chain up my raptor and even then there's a lot of days when the only way out is by quad or snow machine. That's why we also have a house on the edge of town.

Even for city folk who never go off pavement I understand the attraction to big or powerful vehicles. They're fun. Muscle cars and big trucks are cool. They just are. You also feel a lot safer driving in something big. Especially these days when you have blm/antifa retards blocking roads. Personally, I think all the tents I see on top of vehicles is a silly fad, but if folks enjoy that then why not? In general I think it's cool when people customize their vehicles. I even like lowriders.
Link Posted: 10/17/2021 1:02:29 PM EDT
[#42]
The only way you could be more gay is if you had teeth removed so you could fit more cocks in your mouth at one time.
Link Posted: 10/17/2021 1:20:37 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

Way back when I bought a 98 Dakota brand new. Small truck, little half doors on the extended cab. V8, 4x4.

Was one of my favorite trucks I've owned.
Link Posted: 10/17/2021 1:55:10 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I thought the maverick had been in production in other markets for some time.
View Quote

Were they? Maybe South America?
Link Posted: 10/17/2021 2:12:39 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 10/17/2021 2:25:09 PM EDT
[#46]
I had a ‘71 in high school. I got it for in ‘76. OD green 4-door. The perfect first car for a 16 year old. The thing was a tank. I did just everything a kid could do that would have totaled a car today. I barely put a dent in it.

It was just like this.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/17/2021 2:29:56 PM EDT
[#47]
OP, what's it feel like when your husband slides it in?
Link Posted: 10/17/2021 2:30:04 PM EDT
[#48]
Page 3 and still no pictures. OP should get a timeout.
Link Posted: 10/17/2021 2:30:33 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Impulse buy. Didn’t expect to ever see one at my dealership. Traded in my Escape for it. More usability.
View Quote

Yet it’s built on the same C2 platform as the Escape.
But it has a bed, right?
Link Posted: 10/17/2021 3:07:49 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Nice, what color?

I don't have much need for a pick up bed, but if I did the Maverick is a great deal.

Traded in my Mustang for a Bronco Sport for the more practicality, and have been really enjoying it all summer.

The Bronco Sport and Maverick seem to trigger everyone for some reason, but the actual owners love them
View Quote

Here's the reason.

Because Americans are such oversensitive, underchallenged, overly-fragile faggots that they can't gain any joy from damn near anything these days. "STOP LIKING WHAT I DON'T LIIIIIIKE!!!!!" is the American refrain.

Can't you fucking people just give a guy a "Kudos, enjoy in great health" and mean it?
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top