Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/25/2021 3:41:47 PM EDT
Someone brought donuts into the office today. All the glazed were taken immediately. I got a powdered sugar donut. Those proved fairly popular among the people who didn't get their hands on a glazed donut. A few people took the chocolate glazed donut. But no one has taken a single jelly donut. They were just sitting there looking sad. So I decided to give one a try even though I remember hating them as a kid. I am here to report that I am pleasantly surprised - it was actually pretty tasty. I am not sure why jelly donuts are not more popular. I did some research and apparently jelly donuts are loved in New Jersey but not really too many other places.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 3:44:42 PM EDT
[#1]
I keep mine in my footlocker. Because I get hungry.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 3:44:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Someone brought doughnuts? Are you all trying to kill grandma?
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 3:45:38 PM EDT
[#3]
I prefer to eat the ones oozing with homemade cream
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 3:45:41 PM EDT
[#4]
I love a jelly donut.

Full metal jacket jelly donut scene
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 3:46:12 PM EDT
[#5]
I used to hate lemon jelly doughnuts but now I find them yummy.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 3:46:16 PM EDT
[#6]
the stuffed ones are the best....lemon, bavarian, cherry, grape, orange...etc
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 3:46:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I prefer to eat the ones oozing with homemade cream
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/25/2021 3:48:34 PM EDT
[#8]
I like them okay, but I don't want that damn jelly everywhere.

Give me a blueberry cake or apple fritter!
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 3:49:47 PM EDT
[#9]
yousonovabitchimin.jpg

Make mine raspberry
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 3:49:49 PM EDT
[#10]
The best doughnuts are:
Sour creme glazed

Then Apple fritters

Then regular and chocolate glazed

Link Posted: 2/25/2021 3:49:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Keto...diet... Must...resist...jelly-stuff donuts.............

OP, I hate your guts.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 3:50:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Blueberry and raspberry paczki are pretty popular around these parts.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 3:51:23 PM EDT
[#13]
I like the chocolate glaze.

Jelly is fine you just have to be smart about it, which I know is hard... don't have the injection hole facing down...
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 3:52:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Love em. Custard filled too. Creme nah.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 3:52:55 PM EDT
[#15]
My complaint is they’re messy. But, I will admit they’re nice on occasion.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 3:53:26 PM EDT
[#16]

I've never had sour creme glazed before. Have never thought to order it because it just doesn't stand out with all the special colorful eye catching donuts they sell nowadays. Next time I will give it a try.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 3:53:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Jelly donuts are the squirters of the pastry world. If you plunge into the fill hole hard enough, you get a sweet gush of goodness out of it.

Next to cupcakes, which are the only dessert you get to take the panties off before eating, I like jelly squirters the most.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 3:54:25 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 3:54:32 PM EDT
[#19]
Filled donuts are fine, but I learned today that I'm a bad person if I don't peel the dough part off in one long strip to eat my way towards the center filling.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 3:54:48 PM EDT
[#20]
Jelly donut is best donut.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 3:55:06 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Jelly donuts are the squirters of the pastry world. If you plunge into the fill hole hard enough, you get a sweet gush of goodness out of it.

Next to cupcakes, which are the only dessert you get to take the panties off before eating, I like jelly squirters the most.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/25/2021 3:56:09 PM EDT
[#23]
Ich bin ein Berliner.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 3:56:11 PM EDT
[#24]
The best are the little half donuts that people "on a diet" leave behind.

Link Posted: 2/25/2021 3:57:05 PM EDT
[#25]
I love jelly doughnuts.
I love the ones filled with custard, curd, and cream.
I love the glazed or dipped ones.

I love doughnuts.

Except those dry, caky ones....
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 3:57:11 PM EDT
[#26]
I love jelly donuts, I get pissed if there are none

I used to hate them as a kid too.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 3:58:10 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 4:00:19 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Ich bin ein Berliner.
View Quote

I got that reference gif
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 4:05:59 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

OP, I hate your guts.
View Quote
It gets better after a year or so. Stay strong. It only took me 13 months to stop being in physical pain with the craving for a donut. Or a piece of chocolate. Or bread.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 4:09:19 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I've never had sour creme glazed before. Have never thought to order it because it just doesn't stand out with all the special colorful eye catching donuts they sell nowadays. Next time I will give it a try.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

The name was even off putting for me for years, then I tried one and was pissed at myself for keeping them out of my life for so long.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 4:12:10 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

OP, I hate your guts.
View Quote

This. I haven't had any sweets since thanksgiving. the 20lbs dropped feels great but damn do i want a fucking doughnut. lol
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 4:17:10 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

The name was even off putting for me for years, then I tried one and was pissed at myself for keeping them out of my life for so long.
View Quote

Not a donut guy, but I do eat that kind.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 4:19:27 PM EDT
[#33]
Jelly donuts are too sweet.  I can only eat 8 or nine.

Link Posted: 2/25/2021 4:20:34 PM EDT
[#34]
because that sweet, sweet jelly is sooooo good!
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 4:22:59 PM EDT
[#35]
Most are disgusting, and you don't know if it's a good one or a bad one until you take it.  And it's not nice to take a second, so instead of risking a shitty donut - you take one you know is good.

If I could guarantee it was raspberry or lemon first, I'd take it - but it's not worth the risk that it's strawberry or grape.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 4:23:35 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 4:23:42 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Jelly donuts are too sweet.  I can only eat 8 or nine.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/25/2021 4:24:49 PM EDT
[#38]
I love jelly donuts.  I think Vegas Elvis loved them too - a lot.  His fat ass died on the porcelain throne - which is why the last remaining donut was the jelly-filled.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 4:26:45 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Someone brought donuts into the office today. All the glazed were taken immediately. I got a powdered sugar donut. Those proved fairly popular among the people who didn't get their hands on a glazed donut. A few people took the chocolate glazed donut. But no one has taken a single jelly donut. They were just sitting there looking sad. So I decided to give one a try even though I remember hating them as a kid. I am here to report that I am pleasantly surprised - it was actually pretty tasty. I am not sure why jelly donuts are not more popular. I did some research and apparently jelly donuts are loved in New Jersey but not really too many other places.
View Quote

The jelly filling has only been going downhill for at least 50 years.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 4:27:54 PM EDT
[#40]
Whats really sad is that I opened this expecting it to be about race or politics.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 4:28:42 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Ich bin ein Berliner.
View Quote

Came way too late to say this.
But I prefer the custard to jelly.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 2/25/2021 4:29:43 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

Agreed that the name does it no favors. They should consider rebranding them
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 4:29:50 PM EDT
[#43]
We haven't purchased Dunkin Donuts in a long time but the local store put in a drive thru so figured we give them another shot. Almost $12 a dozen! Yuck... the jelly donuts you have to bite around hunting for the 1/2 teaspoon of artificially flavored strawberry sugar gel.

The best jelly donuts I've ever had are the black raspberry filled from Shady Maple Market. The market is the supermarket near Shady Maple Smorgasbord, a big tourist attraction near Lancaster Pa. Holy Moly! each donut seems like it weighs a pound and most of that comes from the real black raspberry filling. Last we got them I think they were $6 and change a dozen. Lots of different flavors too. THEN, we found they freeze just fine. I also like that the label doesn't list how many calories are in them.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 4:36:44 PM EDT
[#44]
PA Dutch peanut butter filled doughnuts for the win!

The best are made by Cambodians. I'm not kidding.

https://m.facebook.com/TheRealFreshDonuts/?ref=page_internal&mt_nav=0
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 4:42:02 PM EDT
[#45]
I get some every time I get doughnuts. I like them, though not as much as good custard filled ones.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 4:48:36 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 4:48:39 PM EDT
[#47]

Link Posted: 2/25/2021 4:50:17 PM EDT
[#48]
Jelly donuts have always been my favorite.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 4:51:44 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

Jelly donuts are best doughnuts!   They made me the man I am today.  
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 4:51:45 PM EDT
[#50]
i've always wondered what a mcchicken filled one would taste like

half mcchicken sauce/half mcchicken puree
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top