Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/22/2021 10:31:40 PM EDT
I just had an epiphany. As a lawn care technician, I apply fertilizers, pesticides, herbicides, and fungicides on a daily basis. I also measure and mix everything I apply, coming into contact with the concentrates. Sure, I use appropriate PPE, but still, I do acknowledge some amount of irony in my personal situation. I've literally made my entire adult living willingly exposing myself to a vast array of chemical compounds that all exist to affect organic life to some extent. And I somehow think I deserve to object to a chemical compound being injected into my bloodstream. MY BODY MY CHOICE!!!!!

I've trusted my life to billion dollar profit oriented chemical companies for years, and now all of a sudden I don't trust them?

FWIW my job just notified us today that all employees be vaccinated before december 8 or face the consequences. Only hope now is a religious exemption which doesn't seem likely to be accepted.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 10:35:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I just had an epiphany. As a lawn care technician, I apply fertilizers, pesticides, herbicides, and fungicides on a daily basis. I also measure and mix everything I apply, coming into contact with the concentrates. Sure, I use appropriate PPE, but still, I do acknowledge some amount of irony in my personal situation. I've literally made my entire adult living willingly exposing myself to a vast array of chemical compounds that all exist to affect organic life to some extent. And I somehow think I deserve to object to a chemical compound being injected into my bloodstream. MY BODY MY CHOICE!!!!!

I've trusted my life to billion dollar profit oriented chemical companies for years, and now all of a sudden I don't trust them?

FWIW my job just notified us today that all employees be vaccinated before december 8 or face the consequences. Only hope now is a religious exemption which doesn't seem likely to be accepted.
View Quote
Forget about it.  You've probably got enough Paraquat in you bloodstream to do in fifty people.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 10:37:17 PM EDT
[#2]
You have the right to make personal medical decisions for yourself.

Your job does not change that.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 10:37:40 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't get it.

Link Posted: 10/22/2021 10:38:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Sounds like you're rethinking your career choice, OP.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 10:42:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sounds like you're rethinking your career choice, OP.
View Quote

What's a little cancer between friends?

Seriously, with correct ppe I'm sure it's sort of safe ish.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 10:48:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Is your company Arrow, or an affiliate?
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 10:49:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Negative, I worked for a small landscape company for 14 years and now perform the same job at a college.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 10:50:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Based on thread title, I expected your post to compare yourself to the targets of your pesticides.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 10:51:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I don't get it.

View Quote

The point is, that I got bored shitposting in GD and wanted a reason to make a thread in the hottest new forum on the site
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 10:58:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Negative, I worked for a small landscape company for 14 years and now perform the same job at a college.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why are they forcing this?
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 10:59:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Same here,   was afraid they'd pull some shit w/ in person training credits this year,  so far nothing.    Sitting in class and listening to the reps it sounds like a good long review and testing period to gain that EPA number for new chems.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 11:41:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

From the email:
Because this vaccination requirement is mandated by the federal government, the university does not have flexibility in its application or enforcement. Failure to comply will place the university in jeopardy of losing hundreds of millions of dollars that we receive through federal contracts and awards as well as hundreds of jobs funded, in part, by those dollars.
Link Posted: 10/23/2021 12:03:15 AM EDT
[#13]
Hypocrite is a stretch...

Just stand your ground if you don't want it.
Link Posted: 10/23/2021 12:25:30 AM EDT
[#14]
Is this the nonsense you came up with to provide yourself an excuse to submit and accept a jab of a cocktail you do not trust or want?

eta- I am just posting the only thing I could come up with that made sense, because I am just not seeing the hypocrisy.
Just because you expose yourself to some form of toxins or poisons for employment doesnt mean you must want to expose yourself to all of them or any at all.
Link Posted: 10/23/2021 12:38:26 AM EDT
[#15]
Why add more chemicals to your body? Dont want it, dont get it. Make them fire you, just be sure to add some special sauce next time you fertilize the grass.
Link Posted: 10/23/2021 12:54:04 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Is this the nonsense you came up with to provide yourself an excuse to submit and accept a jab of a cocktail you do not trust or want?

eta- I am just posting the only thing I could come up with that made sense, because I am just not seeing the hypocrisy.
Just because you expose yourself to some form of toxins or poisons for employment doesnt mean you must want to expose yourself to all of them or any at all.
View Quote

After re-reading my op, it does seem like I'm trying to justify getting it. But that was not my intention. And if you've seen even a handful of my threads, you could easily use the "is this the nonsense you came up with..." line in 87% of them.
Link Posted: 10/23/2021 2:06:40 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

Universities were hit hard by covid. My #2 was in supposed to start her junior year last year and said f this to distance learning.  She took a year off and is back now. Her story is far from rare.
The universities think the fauci ouchie is the oath back to normalcy.
Link Posted: 10/23/2021 3:05:58 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Universities were hit hard by covid. My #2 was in supposed to start her junior year last year and said f this to distance learning.  She took a year off and is back now. Her story is far from rare.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mine was hit pretty hard. When I was hired in June, Most of the facilities maintenance departments were in the middle of a restructure. On campus classes were almost non-existent. back up to over 10k students now. When I came on, you'd have thought the campus was abandoned in terms of the landscape. They could barely afford to cut the grass. 8 dudes trying to take care of over 200 acres.
Link Posted: 10/23/2021 5:08:40 AM EDT
[#19]
I would let them fire me, get in on the class action lawsuit and get your job back with the previous employer.
Link Posted: 10/23/2021 7:25:59 AM EDT
[#20]
Be careful OP. Lots of farmers around me get cancer from that crap. I use them but shower immediately after use.
Link Posted: 10/23/2021 9:31:43 AM EDT
[#21]
No, exactly the opposite.  You have extensive training specifically on how to avoid getting foreign chemicals in your body, they are forcing you to put foreign chemicals inside you contrary to the exact training that you have been given all of your life, and probably training given by your current employer.
Link Posted: 10/23/2021 9:47:01 AM EDT
[#22]
Been spraying my crops for decades, not getting the shot either.
Link Posted: 10/23/2021 9:49:02 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Forget about it.  You've probably got enough Paraquat in you bloodstream to do in fifty people.
View Quote

Why would he use a defoliant?
Link Posted: 10/23/2021 9:55:41 AM EDT
[#24]
Spent twenty years working with fiberglass, asbestos, and rock wool. Smoked cigarettes for 30 years.
None of that was good for my body. Abused my body with alcohol.

The damage is done. I'm not going to compound the issue by taking a shot that I believe will eventually harm every recipient.
Link Posted: 10/23/2021 9:59:24 AM EDT
[#25]
Are there pesticide mandates?

Are forced pesticides part of The Great Reset?

If not, there’s no hypocrisy.
Link Posted: 10/23/2021 10:02:55 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Universities were hit hard by covid government and corporate collusion on so-called pandemic policies designed to create the destructive conditions which are helping usher in the Great Reset. My #2 was in supposed to start her junior year last year and said f this to distance learning.  She took a year off and is back now. Her story is far from rare.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Universities were hit hard by covid government and corporate collusion on so-called pandemic policies designed to create the destructive conditions which are helping usher in the Great Reset. My #2 was in supposed to start her junior year last year and said f this to distance learning.  She took a year off and is back now. Her story is far from rare.

FIFY
Link Posted: 10/24/2021 10:25:09 AM EDT
[#27]
Wonder if any of the boys from Project Ranch Hand (had they not all died prematurely of cancer) would today take "the jab"...

I don't see how the word hypocrisy applies in either case.

If you advocate something that you know is harmful and lie to people about it being good for them...and don't take it yourself because you know it's harmful...then yeah then you'd be a hypocrite.

imo
Link Posted: 10/24/2021 11:36:59 AM EDT
[#28]
I guarantee you I come into worst chemicals daily and make some that are the base of some of you mixtures.   I'm not getting it, good luck on your religious exemption.   Nothing about being tested weekly?   Is that still a thing or no?
Link Posted: 10/24/2021 11:44:56 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

Found the keyword
Link Posted: 10/24/2021 3:22:57 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
No, exactly the opposite.  You have extensive training specifically on how to avoid getting foreign chemicals in your body, they are forcing you to put foreign chemicals inside you contrary to the exact training that you have been given all of your life, and probably training given by your current employer.
View Quote

Well said.
Link Posted: 10/24/2021 3:33:09 PM EDT
[#31]
I’m also an applicator . The difference is every single thing I come into contact with has a warning label as thick as an encyclopedia.  I know exactly what the risk is and exactly what that chemical is and has in it.  

The jab warning label was blank for a year before they put Myocarditis and Pericarditis

Link Posted: 10/27/2021 12:19:06 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

1) have you ever intentionally injected poison into your body?
2) have you sprayed poison on another person against their will?

If no-no, your morality is intact.
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 1:17:20 PM EDT
[#33]
You're never a hypocrite for taking a stand against tryanny.

Fwiw if people against mandates could unite and stare down the mandate together there would be no mandate. It only works if they can pressure individuals.
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 1:23:49 PM EDT
[#34]
I read the op twice, it may have given me autism.
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 4:30:37 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Be careful OP. Lots of farmers around me get cancer from that crap. I use them but shower immediately after use.
View Quote

Why not be careful, wear the right PPE?  Kind of like the air force cadet criticizing the marine for not washing his hands after taking a piss.  "We are taught to wash our hands!", marine replies, "We are taught not to piss on our selves."
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top