Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/12/2021 1:58:43 AM EDT
Nah....just kidding.

Pretty sad when you lose to the team you paid to come play with the assumption of beating.

https://www.tallahassee.com/story/sports/college/fsu/football/2021/09/12/florida-state-fsu-football-seminoles-loss-jacksonville-state-mike-norvell-offense-struggles-defense/5765917001/

GO KNIGHTS
Link Posted: 9/12/2021 2:01:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Nah....just kidding.

Pretty sad when you lose to the team you paid to come play with the assumption of beating.

https://www.tallahassee.com/story/sports/college/fsu/football/2021/09/12/florida-state-fsu-football-seminoles-loss-jacksonville-state-mike-norvell-offense-struggles-defense/5765917001/

GO KNIGHTS
View Quote

I love when that shit happens.
Link Posted: 9/12/2021 2:01:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/12/2021 2:04:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Them some non-tacklin' mother fuckers. They need tacklin' fuel.

Link Posted: 9/12/2021 2:08:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Bobby Bowden must be rolling in his grave.

If memory serves, he almost got beat by the same team several years ago.
Link Posted: 9/12/2021 2:56:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/12/2021 2:59:48 AM EDT
[#7]
I remember the days when FSU was the bowling ball and everyone else were the pins.....and this coming from a LSU guy....which I think will have a shitty year and will be the last of Coach O
Link Posted: 9/12/2021 8:21:00 AM EDT
[#8]
Well, FSU used to lose to the likes of Baylor, Rice, and Boston College. I suopose they could go back to the Metro Conference.  LOL
Link Posted: 9/12/2021 10:41:05 AM EDT
[#9]
Can't go #1 open to close and national champs every year...

Tough loss to wake up to though.
Link Posted: 9/12/2021 10:49:54 AM EDT
[#10]
fucked them right in the pussy!
Link Posted: 9/12/2021 10:54:26 AM EDT
[#11]
Jimbo did to them what Meyer did to Florida.  It will take them years to come back if they ever do, hello Tennessee.  College football is all about recruiting and the kids will go to the big name coach’s with hopes of the NFL paycheck.
Link Posted: 9/12/2021 11:01:05 AM EDT
[#12]
I started to bet against FSU, but I skipped betting on the game.

Next week I'm betting against every ACC OOC matchup i can find.
Link Posted: 9/12/2021 11:03:55 AM EDT
[#13]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I remember the days when FSU was the bowling ball and everyone else were the pins.....and this coming from a LSU guy....which I think will have a shitty year and will be the last of Coach O
View Quote

LSU is confusing as hell.  How did O win a Natty then suuuuuuuuuck for 2 years.  Did LSU fire the mad hatter just one year too early?  It's beginning to smell a bit like Knoxville down in ole red stick.
Link Posted: 9/12/2021 11:05:58 AM EDT
[#14]
Longhorns got handled by Arkansas. That makes me so happy.
Link Posted: 9/12/2021 11:10:10 AM EDT
[#15]
An over rated girls school.
Link Posted: 9/12/2021 11:10:58 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Jimbo did to them what Meyer did to Florida.  It will take them years to come back if they ever do, hello Tennessee.  College football is all about recruiting and the kids will go to the big name coach’s with hopes of the NFL paycheck.
View Quote

Jimbo may have lit the fuse, but his replacement was the one that did some real damage.  I’ve heard even the practices were unorganized and undisciplined.  There’s not enough time allowed for practice sessions for any bs.  Off field issues needed to be addressed as well.
Link Posted: 9/12/2021 11:27:37 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

LSU is confusing as hell.  How did O win a Natty then suuuuuuuuuck for 2 years.  Did LSU fire the mad hatter just one year too early?  It's beginning to smell a bit like Knoxville down in ole red stick.
View Quote

LSU did what many programs have done.  They had a coach that could win nine to ten games a year pretty consistently and got rid of him because he couldn’t deliver championships.  After it was all said and done, it came back to bite.  RC Slocumb and Gene Stallings’ replacements are prime examples.  LSU added to the problem by getting rid of Miles mid season.  If the interim coach does pretty good, the athletic department is all but forced to make him permanent because the fans will demand it whether its the best choice or not.  Now that the Title lV issues have come up, Miles would have probably been fired anyway, but a couple of years later at least.  It’ll be interesting to see if O’s departure will be tied to the same violations, and I’d put money on that happening to get out of paying his buyout.  LSU’s athletic department isn’t in great financial shape as it is, and paying the buyout could hamstring them on getting a big name replacement. I have heard that Kiffin is at the top of the Tiger’s short list, fwiw.
Link Posted: 9/12/2021 11:27:45 AM EDT
[#18]
I always pull for FSU Seminoles, just to make the SJW's heads spin.
Link Posted: 9/12/2021 11:30:54 AM EDT
[#19]
I feel bad for people who spend their time and money getting a degree from FSU.
Link Posted: 9/12/2021 11:37:23 AM EDT
[#20]
Hoping better for Milton McKenzie on his comeback tour.

UCF grad.
Link Posted: 9/12/2021 11:40:08 AM EDT
[#21]
Back in my college years, at our homecoming game, LSU lost to a team called Miami of Ohio.  Never heard of that team, embarrassing.
Link Posted: 9/12/2021 11:41:49 AM EDT
[#22]
I'm not a Noles fan at all, but Iwill say this for FSU.

That school has an extraordinary and huge ensemble of absolutely 5 star, grade A, blue ribbon pussy.

Yes, I do realize many colleges have their share, but FSU is in a class by itself. I mention this only because I can think of no better way to soften a loss to freakin' Jacksonville State, if I were a male FSU student in the throws of a post-loss funk.

Yesterday could go down as the most humiliating loss in FSU history.
Link Posted: 9/12/2021 11:45:24 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

LSU did what many programs have done.  They had a coach that could win nine to ten games a year pretty consistently and got rid of him because he couldn’t deliver championships.  After it was all said and done, it came back to bite.  RC Slocumb and Gene Stallings’ replacements are prime examples.  LSU added to the problem by getting rid of Miles mid season.  If the interim coach does pretty good, the athletic department is all but forced to make him permanent because the fans will demand it whether its the best choice or not.  Now that the Title lV issues have come up, Miles would have probably been fired anyway, but a couple of years later at least.  It’ll be interesting to see if O’s departure will be tied to the same violations, and I’d put money on that happening to get out of paying his buyout.  LSU’s athletic department isn’t in great financial shape as it is, and paying the buyout could hamstring them on getting a big name replacement. I have heard that Kiffin is at the top of the Tiger’s short list, fwiw.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

As a dyed in the wool Ole Miss fan, that better fucking not happen!  
Link Posted: 9/12/2021 11:47:16 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Back in my college years, at our homecoming game, LSU lost to a team called Miami of Ohio.  Never heard of that team, embarrassing.
View Quote

Is that when Ben Roethlisberger was the QB?  They had some pretty good years there for a school that size.
Link Posted: 9/12/2021 11:48:35 AM EDT
[#25]
Back when i gave a damn about college football...prior to the wokeness....fsu could blow all the turds possible

As for the hotties comment....fsu has one of the highest rates of STDs
Link Posted: 9/12/2021 11:49:35 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 9/12/2021 11:51:34 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 9/12/2021 11:51:45 AM EDT
[#28]
Fear the beak!
(My wife went to JSU.)
Link Posted: 9/12/2021 11:53:28 AM EDT
[#29]
Fuck those assholes. Go Tech!

Fuck the semenholes, Seminoles fuck animals!
Link Posted: 9/12/2021 11:53:52 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

Except bring them national championships.
Link Posted: 9/12/2021 12:01:42 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

Season's not over yet.  It could get worse before it gets better........
Link Posted: 9/12/2021 12:09:05 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Is that when Ben Roethlisberger was the QB?  They had some pretty good years there for a school that size.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

In 1986, it’s saying Mike Bates and Terry Morris were Miami’s QBs.  That cutie Tommy Hodson was LSU’s QB, whom I think failed in the nfl.
Link Posted: 9/12/2021 12:10:12 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I started to bet against FSU, but I skipped betting on the game.

Next week I'm betting against every ACC OOC matchup i can find.
View Quote

You would have been 3-11 if you did that this week.
Link Posted: 9/12/2021 12:23:51 PM EDT
[#34]
Don't really care about FSU one way or the other, but I do want to see Milton go out on a high note.
Link Posted: 9/12/2021 12:29:34 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Nah....just kidding.

GO KNIGHTS
View Quote

Furman?
Link Posted: 9/12/2021 12:31:05 PM EDT
[#36]
FSU has more felons than Miami
Link Posted: 9/12/2021 12:40:45 PM EDT
[#37]
Can someone Photoshop  FSU mascot sucking off this cocks outreached claw

Link Posted: 9/12/2021 12:42:00 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Furman?
View Quote

That was a pretty sad game as well.

With that said, word around JSU was that this year was kind of a rebuilding year as well. For a program like JSU that is not at its peak to beat FSU is devastating.
Link Posted: 9/12/2021 1:06:25 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

That was a pretty sad game as well.

With that said, word around JSU was that this year was kind of a rebuilding year as well. For a program like JSU that is not at its peak to beat FSU is devastating.
View Quote

True.  Yes, I was at the Furman game.  It at least ignited the future.
Link Posted: 9/12/2021 1:32:16 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Agreed.  My wife is a FSU grad (we watched the game) and she was reading stories/reactions in the news today.  One article referred to this loss as a potential "program killer"

It will be interesting to see what happens especially in the Wake Forest game next week.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed.  My wife is a FSU grad (we watched the game) and she was reading stories/reactions in the news today.  One article referred to this loss as a potential "program killer"

It will be interesting to see what happens especially in the Wake Forest game next week.

Program killer is a bit much IMO. FSU has some serious (though dated) Div 1 credentials. Losing to freakin' Jacksonville State at home though. Wow. Talk about hitting bottom.

Their program, not unlike the Canes who I root for, hasn't seen glory in a long time, but I'd be floored if either ever dumped their programs. Both have multiple national championships under their belts. Something many schools have never achieved once.

Shit, the Canes got humiliated by Alabama and barely squeaked past Appalachian State. They're not much better off than the Noles. But what the Canes didn't do is lose to JACKSONVILLE STATE at home.
Link Posted: 9/12/2021 1:57:10 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 9/12/2021 2:18:12 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 9/12/2021 2:54:56 PM EDT
[#43]
#FearTheFCS
FSU isn't alone though, FCS beat 8 FBS teams so far this year, including #20 Washington, and there were several other very close games.  #7 Iowa St beat FCS Northern Iowa by 6 points.  I know a lot of people refuse to admit it, but the top 15 of the FCS are easily the equal of mid-pack FBS.  Top 5 would be legitimate contenders for G5 conference championships and should be getting top 25 votes.  The real problem with the FCS is after the top 25 there's a huge drop off.

JSU is a regular playoff team, easily one of the best programs in the FCS.  If you know anything about the FCS you've probably heard of the powerhouse North Dakota State. JSU is one of just 2 teams in the entire NCAA to have a winning series record against NDSU, with all games in the playoffs.
Link Posted: 9/12/2021 3:13:07 PM EDT
[#44]
This thread almost makes me wish NakedGunman was still around because I can only imagine the delusional bullshit he'd have to say about his beloved Criminoles.  Almost...
Link Posted: 9/12/2021 4:06:32 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I totally agree that it's not going to result in the program being shut down.  I think the reporter probably meant "program killer" in the sense that they are going to have a tough time recovering from this, and it has done harm to the program that can take a VERY long time to repair, especially in terms of recruiting quality players.  Once they lose the recruiting edge - which they were probably on the verge of already, with three losing seasons -  then it can take a VERY long time to rebuild.

Watching the game was fascinating. Throughout most of the second half, FSU was up 17-7 (14-7 at first, and then they got a field goal), and then they just completely stopped trying.  I don't know what happened - but I almost felt like they thought that "yeah, we've got this in the bag" and then just stopped really trying.  They FSU playing was really sloppy, and it seemed like the players just weren't really that engaged or interested in playing or trying very hard.  But Jacksonville State was definitely still playing, and playing hard ... and it just become more and more embarrassing and painful to watch.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Program killer is a bit much IMO. FSU has some serious (though dated) Div 1 credentials. Losing to freakin' Jacksonville State at home though. Wow. Talk about hitting bottom.

Their program, not unlike the Canes who I root for, hasn't seen glory in a long time, but I'd be floored if either ever dumped their programs. Both have multiple national championships under their belts. Something many schools have never achieved once.

Shit, the Canes got humiliated by Alabama and barely squeaked past Appalachian State. They're not much better off than the Noles. But what the Canes didn't do is lose to JACKSONVILLE STATE at home.

I totally agree that it's not going to result in the program being shut down.  I think the reporter probably meant "program killer" in the sense that they are going to have a tough time recovering from this, and it has done harm to the program that can take a VERY long time to repair, especially in terms of recruiting quality players.  Once they lose the recruiting edge - which they were probably on the verge of already, with three losing seasons -  then it can take a VERY long time to rebuild.

Watching the game was fascinating. Throughout most of the second half, FSU was up 17-7 (14-7 at first, and then they got a field goal), and then they just completely stopped trying.  I don't know what happened - but I almost felt like they thought that "yeah, we've got this in the bag" and then just stopped really trying.  They FSU playing was really sloppy, and it seemed like the players just weren't really that engaged or interested in playing or trying very hard.  But Jacksonville State was definitely still playing, and playing hard ... and it just become more and more embarrassing and painful to watch.

Right, not an intentional defunding/dismantling of the program but more of an unfortunate de facto situation that will invariably play out as you described above. I don't follow the inner workings of the Noles very closely but there's a lesson baked in to their history as to what factors lead to this collapse.

8 years is a relatively short period of time to go from national champions to a complete train wreck.

Link Posted: 9/12/2021 4:12:36 PM EDT
[#46]
There are already calls from some corners to fire the coach.

Basically, every time a coach loses two games in a season, people will be calling for his head because "he's no Bobby!"
Link Posted: 9/12/2021 4:14:53 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
That school has an extraordinary and huge ensemble of absolutely 5 star, grade A, blue ribbon pussy.

View Quote

I directed traffic for the ND game and they were all in rare form, too.
Link Posted: 9/12/2021 4:19:11 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And it may not.  Kiffin’s two years into setting up a program and might be good staying in Oxford.
Link Posted: 9/12/2021 4:24:34 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Agreed.  My wife is a FSU grad (we watched the game) and she was reading stories/reactions in the news today.  One article referred to this loss as a potential “program killer”

It will be interesting to see what happens… especially in the Wake Forest game next week.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed.  My wife is a FSU grad (we watched the game) and she was reading stories/reactions in the news today.  One article referred to this loss as a potential “program killer”

It will be interesting to see what happens… especially in the Wake Forest game next week.

Shouldn’t be a program killer.  This rebuild will take time.
Link Posted: 9/12/2021 4:33:29 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am sitting on the sofa next to my wife whose maiden name is Orgeron....her BIL/my BIL is best friends with Coach O....2019/2020 LSU season was a perfect storm, all stars aligned....he had an outstanding assistant coaching staff and coordinators....LSU should have beaten UCLA and the game last night should have been a blow out....our quarterback is not going to cut it....we are going to get slaughtered by the rank and file SEC teams....I have great respect for Saban and think he is one in a century coach....we can only dream if he would have stayed at LSU....too many stories on why he left.....Baton Rouge would have given him the state if he wanted it.

We are in for a rough year....@AlabamaFan64 you hit the nail on the head....yall will win the natty this year.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top