User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/19/2018 8:05:55 PM EDT
But this is just fuckin' weird

Link Posted: 11/19/2018 9:27:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 1:21:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, there's just too much going on there. While I did a complete block on mine, I have to admit it is visually striking and something you just expect to see at the ass end of the guitar...since like the '80's man...
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 1:23:58 AM EDT
[#3]
so...is that basically a gibson tunomatic with fine tuners?... or moar floyd rose?
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 9:33:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
so...is that basically a gibson tunomatic with fine tuners?... or moar floyd rose?
View Quote
Gibson tunomatic or some facsimile.  There's been a few times I considered one of those on my Les Pauls.
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 10:02:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Gibson automatic or some facsimile.  There's been a few times I considered one of those on my Les Pauls.
View Quote
I don't think he's talking about the bridge and tailpiece, guys. Look at what the bridge and tailpiece are screwed into. Somebody made a block to fill the Floyd Rose cavity.
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 11:01:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I don't think he's talking about the bridge and tailpiece, guys. Look at what the bridge and tailpiece are screwed into. Somebody made a block to fill the Floyd Rose cavity.
View Quote
That's what I was looking at.  I could see refinishing a workhorse guitar by putting a wood block in and color or stain matching that's fugly on an exotic finish. I do like the fine tuning bridge just not as done there...

ETA: almost as bad as this butchered RS-10V:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 11:13:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote
Oh, I see it now.  I would block the Floyd before I'd go that far...
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 11:52:58 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Oh, I see it now.  I would block the Floyd before I'd go that far...
View Quote
And I don't think you could make the case for better sustain either with that mess.  Mine is outstanding with a hardwood block.
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 9:16:55 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

That's what I was looking at.  I could see refinishing a workhorse guitar by putting a wood block in and color or stain matching that's fugly on an exotic finish. I do like the fine tuning bridge just not as done there...

ETA: almost as bad as this butchered RS-10V:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/300247/mozrxokk2n3wlqucoyyt-666618_JPG-745236.JPG
View Quote
Replace a Floyd with a friggin' Kahler? Lol. That's even a worse idea than the one in the OP.
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 1:01:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 8:03:51 PM EDT
[#11]
My Edge has been awesome for almost 30 years now.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top