Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/29/2020 10:40:42 PM EDT
Today I brewed a Brewer's Best American Light. BUT, I poured the wort onto a 3 week old yeast cake.  There were no off aromas, no weird growths, looked good. Poured around 1:00pm and it's been bubbling for a couple of hours.  The fermenter in which the cake was stored was well sealed and has been at 68-70 degrees the entire time.  The gas coming out of the airlock smells fine.

What do ya think?

Eta Nottingham yeast in the cake.
Link Posted: 8/29/2020 10:56:55 PM EDT
[#1]
If you didn’t let an infection in it will be just fine. Sometimes I bottle a lagger and re bung the carboys , put them back in my fermentation chamber and brew the next week dumping the new wort strait in. It hasn’t bit me in the ass yet but it might someday
Link Posted: 8/29/2020 11:18:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If you didn’t let an infection in it will be just fine. Sometimes I bottle a lagger and re bung the carboys , put them back in my fermentation chamber and brew the next week dumping the new wort strait in. It hasn’t bit me in the ass yet but it might someday
View Quote

Yeah, all looked and smelled really good.  And, boy, that yeast took off!  I didn't look at the time, but I went in once and you could tell there was positive pressure in the fermenter.  Went a while later and bubbling away like crazy. Still is.

I think I will clean and save this yeast for further use.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top