Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/14/2023 10:37:31 PM EDT
I’m 36 years old. 180lbs. I’d say I’m roughly 15-20% body fat.

No I am not looking for a shortcut.  Not looking for any pills. No drugs.
I started the 75 hard program in august and completed in November.  I stuck to a “diet” the entire time. No processed foods. No sugar. No dairy. No alcohol.  No bread. (Typing the word bread made my mouth water just now).  No cheat meals for that entire 75 days, I have been sticking to that diet except I have been cheating maybe 1-2 days on the weekends. Only cheats I’m really doing would be bread. Still no processed foods. Still barely any sugar.

I do put a teaspoon of butter and coconut oil in my coffee and I eat a lot of nut butter and fruit.  We eat salmon, venison chicken regularly.

I still workout everyday. I have been slowly building up to start training for a marathon, which my actual training starts here in a few weeks. I’m at about 25-30 miles a week right now.  I do the ab ripper x workout every other day and have been doing that every other day since October.

All that being said, should I keep doing what I’m doing or is there a more efficient way to burn belly fat?  More protein?
Link Posted: 12/14/2023 10:54:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/14/2023 11:22:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 9:04:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Trod7308] [#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By boomfab:
Caloric deficit.

If you want to retain muscle you will need to lift weights as well.
View Quote

I’ve been doing a caloric deficit.  I Also try to throw in a weightlifting 1-2 x a week.
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 9:09:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By d16man:
Cut your calories will do it.
View Quote

I’m trying that!  Maybe I need to give it a little more time.

I probably need to have my body fat tested.
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 9:38:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: rob78] [#5]
Increase protein intake for the majority of your daily calories.  Start with 60%...you're going to be eating a lot of lean protein. Your other macro split, carbs and fats, should be fairly close in % (20/20, 25/15,etc)

You need to be in a caloric deficit.  i would start at a 500 cal deficit, you can cut more but thats up to you and what your body is telling you.  Adding in additional strength training (weights) will help you retain lean muscle.

Now lets talk about your "1or 2 cheat days per week"...

If you're serious about this, you don't get cheat days, you get A cheat meal per week.  Just one. That cheat meal doesn't mean you get to blow your diet in one meal, you still have to count calories and remain in a deficit.

If you are in fact at 15%BF, cutting down to 10% or less is going to take real  work.  I would strongly recommend getting a dexa scan to truly know where you are.  

People grossly underestimate caloric consumption.  Everything "counts" including that cream/sugar in your coffee and/or those candies you occasionally eat.
Men grossly underestimate their BF%.  A Dexa scan or water tank will tell you everything you need to know.

Once you hit your target, your maintenance calorie days will seem almost gluttonous.

Good luck man.
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 9:48:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Trod7308:

I've been doing a caloric deficit.  I Also try to throw in a weightlifting 1-2 x a week.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Caloric deficit.

I've been doing a caloric deficit.  I Also try to throw in a weightlifting 1-2 x a week.
How long and what intensity are your runs? If intensity is too high then you're likely not directly burning fat aerobically by adapting your metabolism to use the lipolytic metabolic pathway. HIIT is a lever that gets pulled too often because it's shorter and less boring than steady state cardio.

Have you tracked your calorie intake? Nuts and nut butters are very calorically dense. It can be illuminating to find out that the caloric deficit you believed you were in is actually a 500 calorie surplus. You can also eat a weeks worth of calorie deficits in a few cheat meals and extra snacks.
Also a lot of people vastly overestimate the calories burned in exercise as indicated by calculators, and also overestimate the number of calories needed for weight maintenance(you have to really be very active everyday to need more than 2500 calories, and many guys believe they need 3 or 4 thousand).
Your body is the determinant, and if it's not shedding fat at energy balance x, then you need to go to energy balance x-1, likely by a combination of calorie restriction and increased time in lipolysis via LISS.

Link Posted: 12/15/2023 9:56:22 AM EDT
[#7]
You can't target any specific fat.

Calorie deficit is the final answer.

You can exercise more or reduce your calories more.

Protein helps a lot when trying not to lose muscle as well.
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 10:24:02 AM EDT
[#8]
Congrats on completing 75 hard. Definitely should be proud.

Like others have said cut your calories and also track your food.

Get your lean body weight in protein everyday no matter what.

Also you could try to cycle your calories. Let’s say your daily maintenance is 2500 calories. So on Monday/Wednesday/Friday/Sunday eat 2400 cals.

Then on Tuesday/Thursday/Saturday get 1600 calories while still hitting your protein targets.

I’d get your runs in on high calorie days and lift with weights on low calorie days.
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 11:21:50 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By feudist:
How long and what intensity are your runs? If intensity is too high then you're likely not directly burning fat aerobically by adapting your metabolism to use the lipolytic metabolic pathway. HIIT is a lever that gets pulled too often because it's shorter and less boring than steady state cardio.

Have you tracked your calorie intake? Nuts and nut butters are very calorically dense. It can be illuminating to find out that the caloric deficit you believed you were in is actually a 500 calorie surplus. You can also eat a weeks worth of calorie deficits in a few cheat meals and extra snacks.
Also a lot of people vastly overestimate the calories burned in exercise as indicated by calculators, and also overestimate the number of calories needed for weight maintenance(you have to really be very active everyday to need more than 2500 calories, and many guys believe they need 3 or 4 thousand).
Your body is the determinant, and if it's not shedding fat at energy balance x, then you need to go to energy balance x-1, likely by a combination of calorie restriction and increased time in lipolysis via LISS.

View Quote

Originally Posted By IceDiver:
You can't target any specific fat.

Calorie deficit is the final answer.

You can exercise more or reduce your calories more.

Protein helps a lot when trying not to lose muscle as well.
View Quote

This nails a lot of it. The first bit is why most runs should be done at a very low intensity - "I could do this all day" level of intensity. When running at such a low intensity the body is able to burn a much higher percentage of fat to fuel you as opposed to faster running that requires more carbohydrate because it's "faster" for your body to turn carbs into useable energy vs fats.

The second bit I'd elaborate on just a tiny bit - you could also just maintain your current deficit and it'll just take longer to get rid of that belly fat, but Diver is correct in that you can't target specific fat - the body more or less just burns what it wants to when it wants to.
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 12:02:12 PM EDT
[#10]
It's 90% diet.
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 12:23:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Caloric deficit.

View Quote

Tried and true.

Start a daily routine of exercise to keep muscle but dont eat as much, and eat better foods as well
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 12:28:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By rob78:
Increase protein intake for the majority of your daily calories.  Start with 60%...you're going to be eating a lot of lean protein. Your other macro split, carbs and fats, should be fairly close in % (20/20, 25/15,etc)

You need to be in a caloric deficit.  i would start at a 500 cal deficit, you can cut more but thats up to you and what your body is telling you.  Adding in additional strength training (weights) will help you retain lean muscle.

If you're serious about this, you don't get cheat days, you get A cheat meal per week.  Just one. That cheat meal doesn't mean you get to blow your diet in one meal, you still have to count calories and remain in a deficit.

If you are in fact at 15%BF, cutting down to 10% or less is going to take real  work.  I would strongly recommend getting a dexa scan to truly know where you are.  

People grossly underestimate caloric consumption.  Everything "counts" including that cream/sugar in your coffee and/or those candies you occasionally eat.
Men grossly underestimate their BF%.  A Dexa scan or water tank will tell you everything you need to know.

Once you hit your target, your maintenance calorie days will seem almost gluttonous.

Good luck man.
View Quote

Thank you I’m just going off a scan I did a few years ago. So a rescan is probably where I should start.  

Link Posted: 12/15/2023 12:34:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Trod7308] [#13]

View Quote

I’ve gotten a lot of help from a few other guys on marathon training and have been working on slowing down some of my runs. Trying to target around 140-150 hr for my easy runs. It’s hard to get that into my head during the run, as it’s more rewarding in a sense to cover more ground faster.

In the middle of my 75 hard one day I ate a whole thing of nut butter. Realizing that was 4800 cals per container, I stopped doing that!  I wear my Apple Watch every day. So that tracks my move calories and I try not adding too many sedentary calories to that.  I got a lot of homework to do with your responses, thank you.
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 12:56:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By JaredC1:
Congrats on completing 75 hard. Definitely should be proud.

Like others have said cut your calories and also track your food.

Get your lean body weight in protein everyday no matter what.

Also you could try to cycle your calories. Let’s say your daily maintenance is 2500 calories. So on Monday/Wednesday/Friday/Sunday eat 2400 cals.

Then on Tuesday/Thursday/Saturday get 1600 calories while still hitting your protein targets.

I’d get your runs in on high calorie days and lift with weights on low calorie days.
View Quote

Thank you. I can say it has changed my life. I never put this much emphasis on taking care of my body.

I would have liked to keep doing it into the other phases, but I have 2 young kids and a pregnant wife. I needed to balance out my time I was spending ion the 2 workouts a day and a little more on my family.

I have been trying to do intermittent fasting. So I’ll stop eating at 7pm (sometimes 9 :x) and wait until 11-1pm to eat.

Seems like I need more protein and lighter intensity workouts.
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 1:14:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Carnivore diet.
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 1:24:53 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Isenhelm:
Carnivore diet.
View Quote

I do have a deep freeze full of venison……
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 3:48:15 PM EDT
[#17]

Good luck man.
View Quote

Just got a scan at vitamin store -14.2% body fat.
BMR 1890 kcal
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 3:56:30 PM EDT
[#18]

BMR 1890 kcal
View Quote
How tall?
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 4:23:32 PM EDT
[#19]
How tall?
View Quote

5’9”
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 5:16:49 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 5:31:00 PM EDT
[#21]
Walk, walk, walk. Or something similar.
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 5:40:30 PM EDT
[#22]

Those BF scans are bullshit.

View All Quotes

BMR 1890 kcal

I don't know which scan it was.  I'm assuming the bio impedence scale.  Yeah those can be off 2-3% in either direction.  They can be good for tracking progress, but not great for knowing exact body fat.
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 5:55:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: feudist] [#23]

View All Quotes

BMR 1890 kcal

36 years old, 5'9, 180 at 14% bodyfat would be...very muscular.
BMI calculator(those are nets cast over the big part of the bell curve to be sure) shows 26%. You'd have to have a significantly atypical body type for a 12% difference.
The 1830 BMR would indicate an average metabolism also.
OP, you might want your money back.
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 6:39:38 PM EDT
[#24]
Lengthen your nightly fast from 8 hours to 16 hours.
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 6:56:12 PM EDT
[#25]
36 years old, 5'9, 180 at 14% bodyfat would be...very muscular.
BMI calculator(those are nets cast over the big part of the bell curve to be sure) shows 26%. You'd have to have a significantly atypical body type for a 12% difference.
The 1830 BMR would indicate an average metabolism also.
OP, you might want your money back.
View Quote

I’m ok with them keeping my $10 :)
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 7:02:46 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Jarcese:

I don't know which scan it was.  I'm assuming the bio impedence scale.  Yeah those can be off 2-3% in either direction.  They can be good for tracking progress, but not great for knowing exact body fat.
View Quote

Yes I understand it’s not the most accurate. InBody is the brand.

I’ll use it for tracking progress.

So……14.2%.*

* not a gd approved body fat measurement

Better? Lol
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 7:05:38 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By QueenDeNile:
Lengthen your nightly fast from 8 hours to 16 hours.
View Quote

I have been trying to fast for 16 hrs. Sometimes make it 15. Sometimes 12 :/
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 7:44:18 PM EDT
[#28]
Calorie deficit!

500 calorie deficit a day will yield 3,500 calorie deficit a week which equals 1 pound of fat.

So let’s say you wanted to loose 5% body fat, that would take 9 weeks.

Where most people screw it up is their cheat day or days.

For the 5 day work week you could be in a 2,500 total deficit, but can completely loose your deficit off of one day of a cheat day, and be even or in a surplus.

For how active you are all that matters is calories in. Period.

No if you want to retain some muscle a big portion of your calories should come from Protein. But I emphasize retention. You will not gain any muscle in a calorie deficit. The best you can do is retain the muscle you have.

If you want real success you have to figure out what your daily caloric expenditure is(including exercise) and then go into a deficit. You must be strict about it to achieve desired results, then after you’ve achieved those results go back to maintaining the new caloric maintenance level.
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 8:04:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jb1001] [#29]
Originally Posted By Sharden1:
Calorie deficit!

For how active you are all that matters is calories in. Period.

No if you want to retain some muscle a big portion of your calories should come from Protein. But I emphasize retention. You will not gain any muscle in a calorie deficit. The best you can do is retain the muscle you have.

If you want real success you have to figure out what your daily caloric expenditure is(including exercise) and then go into a deficit. You must be strict about it to achieve desired results, then after you’ve achieved those results go back to maintaining the new caloric maintenance level.
View Quote

Going to second the part in bold.  All that matters is calories.  Period.  I just lost 43 lbs. over the past year and that is with (in part) a daily diet of sugary cereals, white rice, potatoes, bread, chocolate, pizza etc.  No food is off limits.  There is no such thing as a "cheat" meal.  I simply weigh absolutely every single thing that I eat.  I use an electric scale and account for everything.  I never go over my totals.  I lost 43 lbs.
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 8:14:46 PM EDT
[#30]

I have been trying to fast for 16 hrs. Sometimes make it 15. Sometimes 12 :/
View Quote
I had to train myself: I first stopped eating after dinner and then I kept extending my fast by an hour each week. It takes about a week to get used to it. I really recommend the book The Obesity Code by Jason Fung losing weight is easy when your body is working properly. For the first 50 years all I had to do was cut back on junk food and exercise more. At 50 my body gave me the middle finger. Hormones are either working for you or against you.
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 9:20:41 PM EDT
[#31]
Starting in January I am going full carnivore diet. Consulted the doctor on it and he gave me the thumbs up. I am in a crisis where I know I am gaining weight and eating too much crap. I have always been a big guy but I have maintained a decent weight and have always been strong. Since getting COVID and beating it (unvaxxed) I have noticed a decrease in strength and increase in body fat. I need to burn off the existing fat and regain my muscle mass. At 6’2” and 290, I am way overweight and need to get back to my normal 225 ideally. Hell, I’d be happy at 240.
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 10:27:41 PM EDT
[#32]
I had to train myself: I first stopped eating after dinner and then I kept extending my fast by an hour each week. It takes about a week to get used to it. I really recommend the book The Obesity Code by Jason Fung losing weight is easy when your body is working properly. For the first 50 years all I had to do was cut back on junk food and exercise more. At 50 my body gave me the middle finger. Hormones are either working for you or against you.
View Quote

I meant to type sometimes 18 sometimes 12.  
I had just ran 14 miles and had only taken in about 750 calories prior. After my run I had another 900.
Per my apple watch I burned 1800 cals on my run. So adding in my calories burned throughout the day I think I’m at a pretty good deficit for the day.

I’m gonna wake up frickin starving!
Link Posted: 12/16/2023 10:38:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Trod7308] [#33]
Originally Posted By RABIDFOX50:
Starting in January I am going full carnivore diet. Consulted the doctor on it and he gave me the thumbs up. I am in a crisis where I know I am gaining weight and eating too much crap. I have always been a big guy but I have maintained a decent weight and have always been strong. Since getting COVID and beating it (unvaxxed) I have noticed a decrease in strength and increase in body fat. I need to burn off the existing fat and regain my muscle mass. At 6’2” and 290, I am way overweight and need to get back to my normal 225 ideally. Hell, I’d be happy at 240.
View Quote

@RABIDFOX50
Keep me updated on that, please! Good luck sir.

Prior to my 75 hard. I was an avid couch potato. (As mush as I could with 2 kids). Smoked pot (recreational bought from local dispensary, legally). Drank. Not heavy but frequently.  I have been dieting like crazy (imo) and working out like crazy (imo) and am only down 10 lbs lol. The scale is my enemy.  So I try to keep on keeping on.  

I would like to do the carnivore diet and might give it a swing. I wish I had the coin to buy 2 ribeye everyday lol. But might have to try venison and chicken.

What is your carnivore diet going to consist of?
Link Posted: 12/17/2023 12:40:31 PM EDT
[#34]
@rob78

Yup, after 2 days of realistically counting calories and macros……I was way off in my rough calorie counting estimates.

I’m hungry lol.

Link Posted: 12/17/2023 12:46:50 PM EDT
[#35]
@rob78

Yup, after 2 days of realistically counting calories and macros……I was way off in my rough calorie counting estimates.

I’m hungry lol.

View Quote

It's an eye opener.  It makes things tougher, at least at first.

But now there are fewer variables and the path forward makes more sense.
Link Posted: 12/17/2023 12:58:36 PM EDT
[#36]
Meat, Vegetables, fruit, water

I've lost 35 pounds since October. I never starve
Link Posted: 12/17/2023 2:44:48 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By TheOldRepublic:
Meat, Vegetables, fruit, water

I've lost 35 pounds since October. I never starve
View Quote

Good job, that is awesome.

That’s mainly what I eat. Plus the nut butter and protein shakes. So oats.

I wouldn’t say starving, but it’s definitely a curve.
Link Posted: 12/17/2023 2:47:07 PM EDT
[#38]

It's an eye opener.  It makes things tougher, at least at first.

But now there are fewer variables and the path forward makes more sense.
View Quote

What makes it easy is I try and eat the same few things daily. So tracking will become easier.

Strength training and training for a marathon are tough to balance. Adding in family life and things of that nature are also another item to juggle.
Link Posted: 12/17/2023 4:15:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dyezak] [#39]

I’ve been doing a caloric deficit.  I Also try to throw in a weightlifting 1-2 x a week.
View Quote

What's your BMR, NEAT, and Active Expenditure per day?  What's your caloric intake per day?

You said you are 180lbs, 20% body fat, and you what...want a 6 pack?  15% body fat you'll see visible abs.  12% you have a defined 6 pack.  So target the middle range, 13.5%.  That means you need to lose 6.5% of your body fat.  180lbs at 20% means you are carrying 36lbs of fat.  You should have about 144lbs of lean mass.  To see a six pack you'd want a max of 20lbs of fat on your frame.  So you need to lose 16lbs of fat while RETAINING your lean mass.  

At 3,500cal per pound of fat you need to burn 56,000 excess calories.  At an easy 2-300cal a day deficite you'll need to stick it out for 180-280days.  At an aggressive 500cal a day you're looking at 110days.  More than 500cal a day is hard to do for an extended amount of time, and impossible to do with your protien requirements to maintain lean mass.

You have a minimum requirement of 150gr of protein a day to maintain your lean muscle.  That right there is roughly 1000cal of protein alone if you are keeping it pretty lean (chicken, tuna, protein shakes, etc).  

So find your BMR, NEAT, and active expenditure per day.  Subtract your 1000cal of protein requirements you CAN NOT reduce.  Subtract your deficite amount (2-500cal).  Then the remainder is your daily intake you limit yourself to for non-protein.  The math will tell you how long it will take to get to your target of 13.5%, but I'll guess you're looking at 5-6mo if you have never gone through a cut before and you struggle and cheat here and there.
Link Posted: 12/17/2023 4:20:52 PM EDT
[#40]

I had just ran 14 miles and had only taken in about 750 calories prior. After my run I had another 900.
Per my apple watch I burned 1800 cals on my run. So adding in my calories burned throughout the day I think I'm at a pretty good deficit for the day.

I'm gonna wake up frickin starving!
View All Quotes

Per my apple watch I burned 1800 cals on my run. So adding in my calories burned throughout the day I think I'm at a pretty good deficit for the day.

That's an excellent calorie deficit but be careful. You don't want to ruin your metabolism. Especially if you do aerobic exercise and eat a low carb diet-it is easy for the body to convert muscle into glucose and it messes with your cortisol levels.
Link Posted: 12/17/2023 4:20:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dyezak] [#41]

What makes it easy is I try and eat the same few things daily. So tracking will become easier.

Strength training and training for a marathon are tough to balance. Adding in family life and things of that nature are also another item to juggle.
View Quote

You have to include your family on the journey.  I make it a point to sit with the wife and tell her how my training is going, when it's ramping up, and when I'll be taking breaks.  That way she knows when to support me in my journey, and when it's OK to demand more of my time for herself.  Likewise with the kids, I make them part of my fitness journey too.  Run together, bike together, workout together...  I just don't take them swimming yet...but that's coming.
Link Posted: 12/17/2023 4:45:04 PM EDT
[#42]

Per my apple watch I burned 1800 cals on my run. So adding in my calories burned throughout the day I think I’m at a pretty good deficit for the day.

I’m gonna wake up frickin starving!
View Quote

Keep that protein intake high.  You are doing a LOT of anaerobic activities and can lose muscle quickly.
Link Posted: 12/17/2023 6:37:21 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By dyezak:

Keep that protein intake high.  You are doing a LOT of anaerobic activities and can lose muscle quickly.
View All Quotes

Running is aerobic and research shows that a moderate protein intake is healthier. A high protein diet can kick you out of ketosis and mess up your adrenal system.
Link Posted: 12/18/2023 1:12:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Trod7308] [#44]

What's your BMR, NEAT, and Active Expenditure per day?  What's your caloric intake per day?

You said you are 180lbs, 20% body fat, and you what...want a 6 pack?  15% body fat you'll see visible abs.  12% you have a defined 6 pack.  So target the middle range, 13.5%.  That means you need to lose 6.5% of your body fat.  180lbs at 20% means you are carrying 36lbs of fat.  You should have about 144lbs of lean mass.  To see a six pack you'd want a max of 20lbs of fat on your frame.  So you need to lose 16lbs of fat while RETAINING your lean mass.  

At 3,500cal per pound of fat you need to burn 56,000 excess calories.  At an easy 2-300cal a day deficite you'll need to stick it out for 180-280days.  At an aggressive 500cal a day you're looking at 110days.  More than 500cal a day is hard to do for an extended amount of time, and impossible to do with your protien requirements to maintain lean mass.

You have a minimum requirement of 150gr of protein a day to maintain your lean muscle.  That right there is roughly 1000cal of protein alone if you are keeping it pretty lean (chicken, tuna, protein shakes, etc).  

So find your BMR, NEAT, and active expenditure per day.  Subtract your 1000cal of protein requirements you CAN NOT reduce.  Subtract your deficite amount (2-500cal).  Then the remainder is your daily intake you limit yourself to for non-protein.  The math will tell you how long it will take to get to your target of 13.5%, but I'll guess you're looking at 5-6mo if you have never gone through a cut before and you struggle and cheat here and there.
View Quote

When I was doing the 75 hard I did not cheat one time. Now I’m not on a dedicated program I find it a lot easier to “cheat”.

I would like a defined 6 pack.  But not necessary. Starting next month my #1 goal is marathon training.

Thanks for you advice and help.

Including my family is a little tough but important I agree. They are pretty young. I did buy a pretty nice bike trailer. That’s a workout and a half pulling them around!  Sometimes they fall asleep !  We have a decent workout/gym set up in our basement and a decent play area for them as well next to the gym.  My daughters will also join in on our yoga sessions and some of our ab workouts. lol they say “my belly hurts”.

Link Posted: 12/18/2023 3:31:49 PM EDT
[#45]

When I was doing the 75 hard I did not cheat one time. Now I'm not on a dedicated program I find it a lot easier to "cheat".

I would like a defined 6 pack.  But not necessary. Starting next month my #1 goal is marathon training.

Including my family is a little tough but important I agree. They are pretty young. I did buy a pretty nice bike trailer. That's a workout and a half pulling them around!  Sometimes they fall asleep !  We have a decent workout/gym set up in our basement and a decent play area for them as well next to the gym.  My daughters will also join in on our yoga sessions and some of our ab workouts. lol they say "my belly hurts".

View All Quotes

When I was doing the 75 hard I did not cheat one time. Now I'm not on a dedicated program I find it a lot easier to "cheat".

Including my family is a little tough but important I agree. They are pretty young. I did buy a pretty nice bike trailer. That's a workout and a half pulling them around!  Sometimes they fall asleep !  We have a decent workout/gym set up in our basement and a decent play area for them as well next to the gym.  My daughters will also join in on our yoga sessions and some of our ab workouts. lol they say "my belly hurts".

Omgoodness how adorable. Have you tried DDP yoga? It's fun your kids might like it. Especially the Hulk it out and Super Star
Link Posted: 12/18/2023 11:07:47 PM EDT
[#46]
Omgoodness how adorable. Have you tried DDP yoga? It's fun your kids might like it. Especially the Hulk it out and Super Star
View Quote

I have not tried that yoga yet. Is there anywhere to get those for free?  

BMR 1890+577(5mi run)+143(ab ripper x)2610-2181(intake)=429def
203g protein

Haven’t totaled fat and carbs yet.

That was 2 protein shakes, a scoop of protein in my coffee.  Little Costco rotisserie chicken and some shrimp.
Link Posted: 12/19/2023 9:44:28 AM EDT
[#47]

203g protein

Haven’t totaled fat and carbs yet.

That was 2 protein shakes, a scoop of protein in my coffee.  Little Costco rotisserie chicken and some shrimp.
View Quote

Chicken and shrimp are good.  I'd also suggest pork tenderloin, fresh/frozen tuna, alligator tail meat, turkey breast (not as protein dense as chicken).

Lean protein sources are what you need.

Eat lots of fiber.  I like to get mine from green vegetables like Brussel sprouts, asparagus, spinach, kale, broccoli.  Lots of vitamin D and K in addition to fiber.

Yogurt, I prefer Oykos Triple Zero vanilla, can help "move things along" as well.  I throw some blueberries and nuts/seeds in mine for a desert.

At your bf%, you can't half-ass your way to your goal.  FYI, I'm not "preaching" at you...I've made the mistakes already.  If you start out right, you'll hit your mark much more quickly than I did.
Link Posted: 12/19/2023 11:30:51 PM EDT
[#48]

203g protein

Haven't totaled fat and carbs yet.

View All Quotes

203g protein

Haven't totaled fat and carbs yet.

Send me your address-I will send you a copy.
Link Posted: 12/19/2023 11:58:38 PM EDT
[#49]
Just be happy that you're healthy, and accept some imperfection.

First-world problems are a real bitch.
Link Posted: 12/20/2023 10:36:56 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By jos51700:
Just be happy that you're healthy, and accept some imperfection.

First-world problems are a real bitch.
View Quote

I do try and think of that often.

I am a very lucky person. I am not rich, nor do I have nods or thermal.  

But my family is healthy and we have a roof over our head and blankets.

Thank you for the reminder to stay humble.

That is a fine line I struggle with often. Being happy where I am at and striving to be better and wanting more.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top