Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/14/2022 1:39:22 PM EDT
My NVR got hacked by the Norks or the Chicoms and I can't find jumper pads and the battery is permanently attached to the mobo. No reset button. I read on one website where you might be able to jumper the battery to reset the board but I'm not sure how or why that would work. Attaching a jumper to the top and bottom of the yellow encircled battery does not seem like it would do anything to me. There are some circular annotations with two contact pads in them but I don't know what those are.

If I try to type in the password the letters start disappearing or getting added to. It's possessed. HALP

Link Posted: 1/14/2022 3:06:11 PM EDT
[#1]
I know there are some computer wizards on here.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 3:08:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Not for nothing but are you sure it's a computer problem and not a keyboard problem or something?

Yank the cables, replace the keyboard, plug it back in, plug new keyboard in, check then?
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 3:14:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Reset directions here.  If it's anything like in the link, there should be a reset button somewhere on the motherboard.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 3:16:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Hmm...I assume you bought it from an overseas vendor?

If not, try contacting the company you bought it from.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 3:27:32 PM EDT
[#5]
The battery keeps the clock running when the unit is unplugged, as well as settings temporarily stored in a ram memory. Your problem is that if the bios has been reprogrammed (nvram-non volatile random access memory) the hack is persistent and won’t be resettable. How do you know it’s not a bad keyboard?
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 3:32:26 PM EDT
[#6]
They keyboard is on the screen based on mouse inputs. I've read of these NVR's being easily hacked or having malware installed remotely. I was hoping to replace it during black friday with a 4K setup but didn't see any good deals.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 3:37:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Most of those through hole pairs with the half hashed circle are cap locations.  Do you not see a pair labeled J1 anywhere, perhaps under that sticker above the SOC?
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 3:42:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Toss it in the trash. Anything produced by Dahua/Qsee or any of their other brands are known to create problems and are very much useless and you'll continue to have issues with being compromised. Those sneaky fucks know people will buy their shit and use it despite not being able to patch and update vulnerable firmware.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 4:09:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They keyboard is on the screen based on mouse inputs. I've read of these NVR's being easily hacked or having malware installed remotely. I was hoping to replace it during black friday with a 4K setup but didn't see any good deals.
View Quote

I’ve had a bad mouse act like that on a security system on-screen keyboard. You also might be able to plug in a usb keyboard.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 5:18:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Most of those through hole pairs with the half hashed circle are cap locations.  Do you not see a pair labeled J1 anywhere, perhaps under that sticker above the SOC
View Quote
Nothing under the MAC address sticker and the other one feels flat underneath.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top