Site Notices
Posted: 7/22/2018 11:41:31 AM EDT
Curious on the female point of view.
Link Posted: 7/22/2018 11:53:23 AM EDT
[#1]
interested to see
Link Posted: 7/22/2018 12:44:14 PM EDT
[#2]
1. mandatory marriage counseling before a license is issued. ( to give people a realistic idea of what marriage really offers them vs their screwed up ideas of marriage, and many people have REALLY screwed up ideals of what a marriage is / not remotely realistic )
2. 1 year wait before license is issued. ( this will get rid of at least 25% as many people will break up before a year IMHO )
3. zero no fault divorce. ( unless both parties agree )
4. fault / bad behavior , such as confirmed cheating / spouse / child abuse etc weighs heavily on the divorce outcome and who gets primary custody of the kids.
5. alimony / maintaince should be limited to one year max. and only apply to men / women who have had no job for a extended time
6. whoever racks up credit card bills ( and the dates its done ) should be taken into consideration as to the one to pay them back. no bullshit like one person racking up a spouses card days before they leave etc.

those are my top complaints / ideas for fixing a few things. when getting a divorce is not a automatic win financially for one party, and theres a 50% chance they wont come out ahead, they will be more likely to work on things IMHO, vs bail.

honestly with the way the system is skewed so badly against men, I believe there will be a lot fewer men / people getting married in the future. its a lot cheaper, and safer for a man to just knock up a girlfriend. you might be paying child support, but a hell of a lot cheaper than losing a house and retirement. im not supporting this happening, but I believe its the future. the same laws that are trying to protect women in a divorce will be the prime thing that keeps men from marrying in the first place. its just a horrible gamble for men. I don't hate women, iv been married twice myself. both divorces were my fault, because I picked terrible mates and if I was doing my job id have never married them. im with a great women currently, ( 6 years now ) and planning to eventually get married to her..

I just see younger guys, who have grown up in a divorced family, and seen their own dad, buddies and relatives raped in divorced avoiding getting married these days. IIRC marriage rates are already falling.

im not a woman though.
Link Posted: 7/22/2018 1:59:41 PM EDT
[#3]
How about getting the .gov out of the marriage business altogether.  It should be between you, your spouse, and creator (if you are so inclined).  All legal aspects can be handled with a simple will or contract.

ETA: Oops, I just noticed it is the women’s shooters forum..
Link Posted: 7/23/2018 11:42:45 AM EDT
[#4]
No womenz responses?

Link Posted: 7/26/2018 10:23:42 AM EDT
[#5]
I've never been divorced
Link Posted: 7/28/2018 12:56:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Freedom is scary. In a world full of laws, wait periods, and hoops to jump through I want less of it. Personally if someone is not wise enough to know if something is right or wrong or rush into things then they get what they get. No amount of counseling, waiting, or other means is going to smarten them up. Sometimes it takes making mistakes to learn. I want more scary freedom.

Just my opinion however.
Link Posted: 8/5/2018 12:22:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top